Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh man, I've been wondering this too, it's a shame no one answered it!

·
Registered
ISTP
1,203 Posts
Hah, I would answer this, but I dunno that I met a male ENFP! I mean, I probably have, simply due to statistics, but I couldn't tell you who it was. Leaving aside that I suck at typing people I don't know closely, it's probably got to do with where my focus is :eek:h:

The female ENFPs I knew (a small handful), I realised in hindsight what they were -- and that's easy, because they are ones that stick out in my memory, still, like bright beacons of light. Take everything I consider boring, average, conforming -- and invert. With some I clashed. With some I got on brilliantly. But all of them were quite extraordinary.

But then again, perhaps that's selection bias, and there are more I missed that didn't fit this pattern, and that the pattern could fit other types too. Is there such thing as a boring ENFP? Sounds like an oxymoron, but you never know.

And yes, I'd also be interested in the answer to the OP :wink-new:

·
Code Cracked
7,666 Posts
I always think there is a difference between males verses females of any type. Overall, ENFPs are quirky,warm and have a certain spiciness other types do not have. They can be pushovers for the wrong people. That could be any type but, I have noticed they are taken advantage of more so or let other take advantage of them. I have noticed the females are more frilly than their male counter parts. The males do care to an extent but, the ones I have encountered tend to wear things most guys would not. Their style overall can be unusual but, they pull it off where as other males would not be able to. : )

I agree with Northern Lights about the light. Vibrant energy male or female.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
I always think there is a difference between males verses females of any type.
Yes!! I don't know why people continue to deny this.

They can be pushovers for the wrong people. That could be any type but, I have noticed they are taken advantage of more so or let other take advantage of them.
Ugh. Why does this have to be true? As a natural people pleaser and wanting people to be happy, I have troubles drawing boundaries at work. :/

I have noticed the females are more frilly than their male counter parts.
Haha! Frilly?
Like this?

·
Code Cracked
7,666 Posts
Yes!! I don't know why people continue to deny this.

Ugh. Why does this have to be true? As a natural people pleaser and wanting people to be happy, I have troubles drawing boundaries at work. :/

Haha! Frilly?
Like this?

No ; P Although, I would not put it past you guys lol Maybe, frilly was not the right word. More put together and setting trends. It is between you guys and ENFJs on the aesthetic front.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The males usually don't have a vagina :shocked:

The Females usually don't like to admit that they shit from time to time :shocked:

I think the biggest difference that I've noticed is that the wild guy stereotype that people sometimes apply to ENFPs is only true for the males. Men usually try to appear masculine or macho and since in some ways being wild is considered a boyish trait, the ENFP males will have a tendency to adopt this as their image.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I will start by saying this, I think Fi is markedly different between males and females. Beyond the analogy of "Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti" I am not sure I could do much more justice to the comparison, but the analogy suggests that men's emotions are much more compartmentalized, and women's are much more interconnected and free flowing in general. I can certainly relate with that. In my experience, the most immature and emotionally driven version of myself is never like spaghetti and the most emotionally controlled women I know are never quite a waffle. In this analogy, one of the segments of the waffle is a "nothing box", where your not really thinking or feeling anything. This is something that comes pretty natural to men but is very foreign to women.

So as an ENFP guy, I have been very close to three ENFP women in my adult life and they were all VERY different people. One was an extremely controlling alpha type who strongly imposed her values onto others, the next was a very sweet and charming but awkward "chameleon" type, and the third was an oversharing conflicted artist type.

A big difference between me and these three I would say is in the result of the mixture of emotions and intuition. If I could use an analogy, I would picture us all on the journey of life sailing on the ocean, the wind and waves being those bursts of emotion or inspiration that toss us about, but I would say for me as a guy, my intended destination is much more practical than my female counterparts. I would say when each of us grab the rudder and try to steer the ship, as a guy I am more oriented towards a practical idealism or let's say a more tangible reward/destination in life where as the females would be moving toward a more emotional idealism or a destination that caters more towards a feeling.

I would liken my female counterparts to viewing life much more as writing a romantic novel, where the destination is more of arriving at an emotional state in a meaningful way. Where as a guy, I would see myself more as an architect, not necessarily in the mathematical or engineering dimension, but more in the expression of our emotions and intuition resulting in building a structure that is artistic and meaningful.

In Relationships:

As an ENFP guy, I like having an independent partner more than the ENFP women I know. My experience with ENFP women is that they are either needy or flaky and can be more high maintenance. As a guy, I am lower maintenance but if those basic needs aren't met I will get unsettled and needy. We both can lack practical skills but in a relationship I think it means different things coming from a man or a woman. As a mature man, I have become more steady and consistent in some practical matters but when i'm venting my thoughts and feelings about things, my desire to consider all options can come off as insecure or unstable. Also (due to necessity) I have had to take risks in my career which would cause finances to be unstable at times, something no women is really a fan of lol. Female ENFPs in relationships can express uncertainty in their commitments, can be difficult to communicate with, and the weakness in practical things can make them subpar at keeping house which can be a big turn off.

Anyhow that's some of my thoughts! :)

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Well forgive me ahead if I offend it’s really not my intention just perceptions

Male Pros: Really inspirational when they are just being. Incredibly adaptable and able to mesh and learn with many kinds of people. Generally have a very happy go lucky disposition which rubs off on others.

Male ENFP Cons: That I have met, tend to; want their cake and to eat it too. Whether of been my ex husband or even some male ENFP coworkers. They tend to prefer to step back during big decisions and big moments and let others take the lead. Offering little contribution to concrete issues and solutions. But then when the storm passes and the adults have all solved the hard shit they tend to come in on the tail end of resolution and present themselves like they saved the mother fucken day. You could say as a woman who is capable and an actual trouble shooter I definitely struggle with a man who sets in the background until the mess is cleaned and then jumps in to pick up the last scrap and presents themselves as someone who contributed.

Then for me as an ESTP female it pisses me off because these men then want to take on an alpha role in all the piddly petty trouble shooting. Not knowing much of streamlining and trouble shooting logistics. They often goof off in the background and do act like the jester. Fine everyone has their place. But then don’t come and stand up to the big boys and girls solving things and throwing tantrums when you’re not relied upon. I literally wanted to throat punch a coworker of mine for acting like this. I was all fine allowing his goofballness etc but when he tried to misportray himself as handling shit which I clearly kept under wraps I about lost my fucken shit on him. I noticed he wanted a voice and to contribute but the problem was from my view he lost his voice the minute he elected to goof off leaving others with the burden of solution. Again can’t have your cake and eat it to. Either act like a fucken adult and show up on time and contribute in the same mindless BS tasks the rest of us have to or relinquish your right to fucken count as a voice or in taking credit for anything.

:laughing: they do all actually attempt to portray themselves as riding in on a white fucken horse. :laughing: Bitch I will knock you the fuck off that thing myself. Be a playful, lovable, goofball, all you want but then step back and know your role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

ENFP women can be extremely clever and cunning unlike their counterparts. Male ENFPs will sulk more when they don’t get their way and show their pride is hurt. It’s transparent. Tantrums. So male ENFP less manipulative. ENFP women are like the true masters of coy femininity. Gawd hope the guy who ends up with them can stand their ground when it comes to being hoodwinked and possessed :laughing: My best friend is ENFP. She is all good with exception she likes being Alpha. I am a sigma. That means 80% of the time I do not give a shit. But that 20% when her bullets were misfired at me (friendly fire) were total BS. Now we are 35 and she just had a baby so she is a lot more grounded. When we were under 30 though she was a hypocrite. For example she would sleep with an acquaintances distant ex, crush, or sibling. But then get pissy if someone did the same thinking it was fair game. I.e. she believes rule apply for her not to her. An estp has another code they tend to see it in application to everyone or no one. I.e. what is good for the goose is good for the gandor. Uh when we were younger she was sort of passive aggressively bitchy on the sly to other females where it was not called for. I think this was more of a reflection of feeling like ‘always a bridesmaid, never a bride’ rather than type. But it’s a reflection of how an ENFP who feels picked over would act to other women when it applies. I never competed back with her though. It seemed so fucken petty and stupid I would always ignore :laughing: (which totally annoyed her that I turned a blind eye to it all together). Again she has since matured and stopped acting like that.
-A funny con is her and animal rights. Seriously WTF. She takes it so serious. Uh no I am not going to watch black fish, I seen free willy when I was 10 (this isn’t new, news). She went from loving zoos (which I never liked) to demonizing people who go to sea world.
-Anotuer idiotic thing is she is all pro Hilary because Hilary is a woman. That shit is fucken stupid to me. I don’t care if someone likes Hilary but I do think it’s ridiculous if their logic is because she has a vagina.

Pros: Both Perceivers with low give a fucks about society crap; I.e. We don’t really assign too much judgement value to other people’s lifestyles and choices. We both can roll with the punches and go by the fly.
-Funloving (this applies to both male & female) outside SP, NFP most funloving for the experience
-Also usually down to earth not the same as SP obviously as they have more flights of fantasy, but usually pretty chill and can be humble.

I think that both bring a very heartfelt and soulful love and chemistry to those they care about and in their bedroom approach. These are passionate people. (I like passion so much it’s tatted on the back of my thigh :wink: )

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Well forgive me ahead if I offend it’s really not my intention just perceptions

Male Pros: Really inspirational when they are just being. Incredibly adaptable and able to mesh and learn with many kinds of people. Generally have a very happy go lucky disposition which rubs off on others.

Male ENFP Cons: That I have met, tend to; want their cake and to eat it too. Whether of been my ex husband or even some male ENFP coworkers. They tend to prefer to step back during big decisions and big moments and let others take the lead. Offering little contribution to concrete issues and solutions. But then when the storm passes and the adults have all solved the hard shit they tend to come in on the tail end of resolution and present themselves like they saved the mother fucken day. You could say as a woman who is capable and an actual trouble shooter I definitely struggle with a man who sets in the background until the mess is cleaned and then jumps in to pick up the last scrap and presents themselves as someone who contributed.

Then for me as an ESTP female it pisses me off because these men then want to take on an alpha role in all the piddly petty trouble shooting. Not knowing much of streamlining and trouble shooting logistics. They often goof off in the background and do act like the jester. Fine everyone has their place. But then don’t come and stand up to the big boys and girls solving things and throwing tantrums when you’re not relied upon. I literally wanted to throat punch a coworker of mine for acting like this. I was all fine allowing his goofballness etc but when he tried to misportray himself as handling shit which I clearly kept under wraps I about lost my fucken shit on him. I noticed he wanted a voice and to contribute but the problem was from my view he lost his voice the minute he elected to goof off leaving others with the burden of solution. Again can’t have your cake and eat it to. Either act like a fucken adult and show up on time and contribute in the same mindless BS tasks the rest of us have to or relinquish your right to fucken count as a voice or in taking credit for anything.

:laughing: they do all actually attempt to portray themselves as riding in on a white fucken horse. :laughing: Bitch I will knock you the fuck off that thing myself. Be a playful, lovable, goofball, all you want but then step back and know your role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

ENFP women can be extremely clever and cunning unlike their counterparts. Male ENFPs will sulk more when they don’t get their way and show their pride is hurt. It’s transparent. Tantrums. So male ENFP less manipulative. ENFP women are like the true masters of coy femininity. Gawd hope the guy who ends up with them can stand their ground when it comes to being hoodwinked and possessed :laughing: My best friend is ENFP. She is all good with exception she likes being Alpha. I am a sigma. That means 80% of the time I do not give a shit. But that 20% when her bullets were misfired at me (friendly fire) were total BS. Now we are 35 and she just had a baby so she is a lot more grounded. When we were under 30 though she was a hypocrite. For example she would sleep with an acquaintances distant ex, crush, or sibling. But then get pissy if someone did the same thinking it was fair game. I.e. she believes rule apply for her not to her. An estp has another code they tend to see it in application to everyone or no one. I.e. what is good for the goose is good for the gandor. Uh when we were younger she was sort of passive aggressively bitchy on the sly to other females where it was not called for. I think this was more of a reflection of feeling like ‘always a bridesmaid, never a bride’ rather than type. But it’s a reflection of how an ENFP who feels picked over would act to other women when it applies. I never competed back with her though. It seemed so fucken petty and stupid I would always ignore :laughing: (which totally annoyed her that I turned a blind eye to it all together). Again she has since matured and stopped acting like that.
-A funny con is her and animal rights. Seriously WTF. She takes it so serious. Uh no I am not going to watch black fish, I seen free willy when I was 10 (this isn’t new, news). She went from loving zoos (which I never liked) to demonizing people who go to sea world.
-Anotuer idiotic thing is she is all pro Hilary because Hilary is a woman. That shit is fucken stupid to me. I don’t care if someone likes Hilary but I do think it’s ridiculous if their logic is because she has a vagina.

Pros: Both Perceivers with low give a fucks about society crap; I.e. We don’t really assign too much judgement value to other people’s lifestyles and choices. We both can roll with the punches and go by the fly.
-Funloving (this applies to both male & female) outside SP, NFP most funloving for the experience
-Also usually down to earth not the same as SP obviously as they have more flights of fantasy, but usually pretty chill and can be humble.

I think that both bring a very heartfelt and soulful love and chemistry to those they care about and in their bedroom approach. These are passionate people. (I like passion so much it’s tatted on the back of my thigh :wink: )
Ha! Thank you SO MUCH for calling out ENFP males in the first part. Thought only I saw this.

If it’s makes you feel any better, I’m entirely suspicious of Hillary. :p

How do you usually differentiate ESFP females ENFP females? I thought ESFPs were the masters of hoodwinking and coy femininity. :laughing:

Also what type is the father of your enfp friends baby?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ha! Thank you SO MUCH for calling out ENFP males in the first part. Thought only I saw this.

If it’s makes you feel any better, I’m entirely suspicious of Hillary. :p

How do you usually differentiate ESFP females ENFP females? I thought ESFPs were the masters of hoodwinking and coy femininity. :laughing:

Also what type is the father of your enfp friends baby?
I'm beginning to get the impression that you don't like ENFP men. :O

I could relate a bit to that long list of cons, but I try to contribute to solving problems in my own way. It's not like my job actually requires much. I hose something down, scrub and clean it and hose it off. That describes 90% of my job's work. Doesn't help that it's an old factory building, but whatever, I do what I can. It's the other guy who sits on his ass on his phone getting paid for it that agitates me, but hey, 45+ hours a week helps get more money put in the bank.

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I don't really think asthetics, personal style, or looks has anything to do with ENFP functions, unless the ENFP has placed a value on these with Fi and Te. Some have, some haven't. Asthetics are for sure not going to be a part of the description of Ne/Fi.

The question is, is trans-contextual thinking (Ne) different for the guys than for the girls? Is introverted feeling (Fi) different in the guys than the girls? Is there a difference in Te or Si?

Okay, well I think ENFP girls are a bit more cautious, but so are most girls. This is the thing I heard a ENFP man say who discovered that he was actually married to an ENFP woman after 20 years of marriage. It was the caution thing that threw him off... but I wonder if she was particularly cautious. I seem to see more Te development in the guys. Otherwise, the guys have more male hormones and penises and facial hair and the girls have more girl hormones, vaginas, breasts and wombs.

I can't even imagine how boring this sounds to an Se dom. lol.

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't really think asthetics, personal style, or looks has anything to do with ENFP functions, unless the ENFP has placed a value on these with Fi and Te. Some have, some haven't. Asthetics are for sure not going to be a part of the description of Ne/Fi.

The question is, is trans-contextual thinking (Ne) different for the guys than for the girls? Is introverted feeling (Fi) different in the guys than the girls? Is there a difference in Te or Si?

Okay, well I think ENFP girls are a bit more cautious, but so are most girls. This is the thing I heard a ENFP man say who discovered that he was actually married to an ENFP woman after 20 years of marriage. It was the caution thing that threw him off... but I wonder if she was particularly cautious. I seem to see more Te development in the guys. Otherwise, the guys have more male hormones and penises and facial hair and the girls have more girl hormones, vaginas, breasts and wombs.

I can't even imagine how boring this sounds to an Se dom. lol.
I want to momentarily hijack this thread to share with you a little excited moment about what I feel to be my ideal ENFP woman. Here's a link.
I seem to find everything about her mannerisms very interesting! The fast talking, excitable nature. The trouble with always finding the best words to get her thought out. The occasional pauses. She's one of several ENFP Youtubers I watch. Maybe "ideal" isn't the best word, but "my idea of." It's how I'd imagine an ENFP woman to be like. I'm sure there are many kinds.

I'm trying to stop and wonder now why I shared. Maybe I just wanted to share my excitement and you seem like a cool non judging person. :) I don't really watch a lot of ENFP men, so I have little input on them other than my own personal experiences.

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
I want to momentarily hijack this thread to share with you a little excited moment about what I feel to be my ideal ENFP woman. Here's a link.
I seem to find everything about her mannerisms very interesting! The fast talking, excitable nature. The trouble with always finding the best words to get her thought out. The occasional pauses. She's one of several ENFP Youtubers I watch. Maybe "ideal" isn't the best word, but "my idea of." It's how I'd imagine an ENFP woman to be like. I'm sure there are many kinds.

I'm trying to stop and wonder now why I shared. Maybe I just wanted to share my excitement and you seem like a cool non judging person. :) I don't really watch a lot of ENFP men, so I have little input on them other than my own personal experiences.

I’ve been watching that woman closely for a while. She’s not an ENFP.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I’ve been watching that woman closely for a while. She’s not an ENFP.
Oh? That's what she claims to be. That's what I claim to be too, but sometimes I wonder. I've taken three tests now that say I'm ENFP.

https://www.16personalities.com/

This is the one I trust the most. Then there was another test, I forgot what it was but I have pictures. A few days ago, it was the socionics test I mentioned somewhere on here but that gave me IEE. I mean, I couldn't tell you myself what any of it really means, I just have results.

As for Mary, maybe I just jumped to conclusions. She has a man anyway so not like anything can come of this interest. So what type is she really, then?

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Oh? That's what she claims to be. That's what I claim to be too, but sometimes I wonder. I've taken three tests now that say I'm ENFP.

https://www.16personalities.com/

This is the one I trust the most. Then there was another test, I forgot what it was but I have pictures. A few days ago, it was the socionics test I mentioned somewhere on here but that gave me IEE. I mean, I couldn't tell you myself what any of it really means, I just have results.

As for Mary, maybe I just jumped to conclusions. She has a man anyway so not like anything can come of this interest. So what type is she really, then?
First, don't take the test and especially 16personalities test. That's literally the worst and most comical mbti test anyone can take and majority of the time, they will surely be mistyped.

If you want a better test with more of a 75% chance of accuracy, take the ones on Similar Minds or Humanmetrics.

Second, she claims to be ENFP doesn't mean she actually is.

She uses high Ne for sure and I sense that it's played up in front of camera in an effort to emphasize how stereotypically "ENFP" she is when she isn't.

I'm not saying ENFP is completely out of the picture, but from my own observations of her visuals, her tonal voices, way she speaks and carries herself, she vibes some sort of ESxJ.

Tertiary Ne that's exaggerated looks deceivingly ENFP-ish.

Third, she's a little embarrassing to watch.

·
Registered
534 Posts
First, don't take the test and especially 16personalities test. That's literally the worst and most comical mbti test anyone can take and majority of the time, they will surely be mistyped.

If you want a better test with more of a 75% chance of accuracy, take the ones on Similar Minds or Humanmetrics.

Second, she claims to be ENFP doesn't mean she actually is.

She uses high Ne for sure and I sense that it's played up in front of camera in an effort to emphasize how stereotypically "ENFP" she is when she isn't.

I'm not saying ENFP is completely out of the picture, but from my own observations of her visuals, her tonal voices, way she speaks and carries herself, she vibes some sort of ESxJ.

Tertiary Ne that's exaggerated looks deceivingly ENFP-ish.

Third, she's a little embarrassing to watch.
Ah, okay then! I have to run off to work soon, but I'll keep that test in mind. I'll probably post the results somewhere too, or I can show you in PM if you'd like.

Hmm. I feel the ENFP description on 16personalities matches me, though. The way it talks about random energy spikes at work, and creativity. Well, there's only so many different ways I can get creative about hosing down a machine and scrubbing it off. I guess the test is wrong about what traits mean what mbti? And what about the socionics saying I'm ENFP as well? The whole IEE thing? I'm not sure if it was this thread I posted my test results in, but I'll post it again just to make sure.

https://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/325468

I really did come to this site to learn more about myself. Please help if you can. :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts