Personality Cafe banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Glad we're having this conversation. I think I understand a lot more about the abbreviations at least. After reading Fi and Fe, I can say that I feel the Fe description is spot on for me. I derive my sense of morals from what I feel is best for the world, for humanity and other people as a whole. What is a personal set of morals? What's best for me? What's best for me may not be the best for others. When I consider God and my religious spiritual background, I am picturing the world as a whole, and how we all would get along better and take better care of each other. I'm sure I can go read some more Fi and Fe articles.

I will tell you one thing though, I didn't feel the Si or Se articles. I'd make a horrible detective or inspector, lol. I have lots of trouble adapting to the moment and therefore do terrible at online player vs player games. I'm constantly getting outdone by these kids who just seem to be able to adapt to the situation far better than me, and even after doing the same thing 100 times, I still am not that much better at it if I have to move like Superman in order to successfully perform the task. I'm much better taking things slower, more controlled, and even then, I don't like dealing with numbers and statistics. I also don't like mundane everyday tasks. Paperwork? Boring!

I don't live in the moment, and when I do, it's because I have a person right in front of me that I can focus on, or a game I am playing. I'm grateful for your help, in any case.
"What is the best for me may not be the best for others"
I mean only you can say, but you seem very plainly ENFP to me. I'll stop talking about it, now.

Reactions: APBReloaded

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
The ENFP inclination ends up in total with the desire to be free from various shackles, especially practical ones. Because of cultural reasons, I find that the female ENFP can run with this particular ball much further than the male ENFP. Which is enviable, but for both of us, if we go too far with it we'll run right off a cliff. But the landing is often softer for the female ENFP as well.

Not jelly here, just an observation. Otherwise, we're very similar, at least more so than other male/female MBTI dichotomies, we both have a tendency to not buy too much into gender performance. It's the Fi.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
The ENFP inclination ends up in total with the desire to be free from various shackles, especially practical ones. Because of cultural reasons, I find that the female ENFP can run with this particular ball much further than the male ENFP. Which is enviable, but for both of us, if we go too far with it we'll run right off a cliff. But the landing is often softer for the female ENFP as well.

Not jelly here, just an observation. Otherwise, we're very similar, at least more so than other male/female MBTI dichotomies, we both have a tendency to not buy too much into gender performance. It's the Fi.
What does any of this mean?

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,122 Posts

if I had a euro for every time people tell me to be more like a woman :laughing: even as early as elementary school
I'm not even tomboy or anything, I just never cared much, especially about the appearance/impression side of things. I prefer to choose how I look/dress based on comfort, I don't accessorise, paint my nails, use makeup and stuff like that, I've tried them for a short while and it was just what I expected, a waste of energy/time that I'd usually allocate to other interests. And those interests rarely included anything most women my age did so there was that too.
I can imagine how it can be worse for men, tho it depends on the environment which is a luck thing. Like in my school we didn't have a lot of bullying or persistent bullies, some women are bullied very much for not following stereotypes in those ages.
I don't think it's the "Fi", I think it's more N related, seems to be a shared thing with NTs.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I guess I get embarrassed to see ENFPs girls talking on youtube, actually, if I don't think they have tons of deep insights. I want to see people who I think adequately represent ENFP strengths, maybe? I guess same with the ENFP guys.
I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING when I read this comment LOL. Making good video content is tough and takes practice to be a good communicator. The ENFPs burst of thoughts can be an awkward experience when there isn't a thick layer of charisma polishing it off :)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
if I had a euro for every time people tell me to be more like a woman :laughing: even as early as elementary school
I'm not even tomboy or anything, I just never cared much, especially about the appearance/impression side of things. I prefer to choose how I look/dress based on comfort, I don't accessorise, paint my nails, use makeup and stuff like that, I've tried them for a short while and it was just what I expected, a waste of energy/time that I'd usually allocate to other interests. And those interests rarely included anything most women my age did so there was that too.
I can imagine how it can be worse for men, tho it depends on the environment which is a luck thing. Like in my school we didn't have a lot of bullying or persistent bullies, some women are bullied very much for not following stereotypes in those ages.
I don't think it's the "Fi", I think it's more N related, seems to be a shared thing with NTs.
I guess I always attributed it to Fi because there's a very stubborn and individual quality to Fi, it announces "This is me, I'm not going to conform." I feel like it takes the edges off of wanting to join in for the sake of joining in to various forms of gender performance. But I definitely could see Ne involved also.

I'm just straightforward CIS, but even so I've always been completely irritated since a youth as to how limiting that is, as far as accessing others experiences. And I have gone through several stages of experimentation when I was younger with sexuality, gender associations, etc. And all this was definitely a Ne-exercise.

Coming from my generation (late-X), I definitely took a lot of shit for just being a general weirdo, especially when it comes to gender norms. I definitely didn't get as much of it as others, because I'm not afraid to stand up for myself, and I don't really look like somebody you'd casually mess with. I wonder if it's easier for today's weirdos in American schools.

·
Registered
ENFP-A 359 sp/sx
1,268 Posts
I’ve been watching that woman closely for a while. She’s not an ENFP.
Interestingly enough, I've thought the same.
Seen videos posted of both you and Llyralen--there's a stark difference. I sound a whole lot more like you two than her.
Someone called her out on it, in the comments, and stated she's ESFP. (The author being, an INTJ with an ENFP roomate.) I agree, in a way--she reminds of Michael Pierce's ESFP portrait.

Reactions: Katie Tran

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Interestingly enough, I've thought the same.
Seen videos posted of both you and Llyralen--there's a stark difference. I sound a whole lot more like you two than her.
Someone called her out on it, in the comments, and stated she's ESFP. (The author being, an INTJ with an ENFP roomate.) I agree, in a way--she reminds of Michael Pierce's ESFP portrait.
What videos have you seen of me? I'm still getting used to the idea that people actually care enough to watch my videos. :tongue:

I can see why you would think she's an ESFP as the poorly written ESFP descriptions sound like they could apply to her.

While I disagree that Very Mary is an ENFP, I still see that she has very high Ne. It looks abnormally high that I'm suspecting she's amplifying her tertiary Ne to sound/look like a stereotypical ExFP.

I'm not sure whether she uses Fi or Fe/Ti or Te so for now, I'm suspecting that she's some sort of ESxJ.

·
Registered
ENFP-A 359 sp/sx
1,268 Posts
What videos have you seen of me? I'm still getting used to the idea that people actually care enough to watch my videos. :tongue:

I can see why you would think she's an ESFP as the poorly written ESFP descriptions sound like they could apply to her.

While I disagree that Very Mary is an ENFP, I still see that she has very high Ne. It looks abnormally high that I'm suspecting she's amplifying her tertiary Ne to sound/look like a stereotypical ExFP.

I'm not sure whether she uses Fi or Fe/Ti or Te so for now, I'm suspecting that she's some sort of ESxJ.
TBH, I forgot which one...something recent, regarding Ne.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Interesting, I managed to post something that people are talking about a couple weeks later... or maybe Very Mary was just a subject in here already and I didn't know.

I don't care what she is, I like that hyper energy and the vibe she gives off. Another possible ENFP (she claims to be, anyway) that I really like is softlygaloshes. While not as hyper, I still like the vibe she gives off.

Ha, I would happily date either one, though I know for sure Mary isn't single, she lives with an INFJ boyfriend.

Oh well! I've been talking to this INTJ on FFXIV for a little bit. Let's see where things go! I sure do have a lot of plans lately. I like to call them my 007 plans. 007 never settles for no for an answer, he just goes and finds a better yes somewhere else! Got to keep on moving!

And on that note, it's time to rush off to work! Show me your moves!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I want to momentarily hijack this thread to share with you a little excited moment about what I feel to be my ideal ENFP woman. Here's a link.
I seem to find everything about her mannerisms very interesting! The fast talking, excitable nature. The trouble with always finding the best words to get her thought out. The occasional pauses. She's one of several ENFP Youtubers I watch. Maybe "ideal" isn't the best word, but "my idea of." It's how I'd imagine an ENFP woman to be like. I'm sure there are many kinds.

I'm trying to stop and wonder now why I shared. Maybe I just wanted to share my excitement and you seem like a cool non judging person. :) I don't really watch a lot of ENFP men, so I have little input on them other than my own personal experiences.
I'm like so different from her though

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm like so different from her though
I posted that about a month or so ago... I guess people do browse through older threads more often than I thought.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts