Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where on the maturity scale would you place yourself: immature, mature, or somewhere in the middle? What about when you were younger?

People have always told me I was so much more mature than everybody else my age. I think I'm okay with that, but I know I do have my moments where I must be looked at as the most immature you could be :tongue:

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Where on the maturity scale would you place yourself: immature, mature, or somewhere in the middle? What about when you were younger?

People have always told me I was so much more mature than everybody else my age. I think I'm okay with that, but I know I do have my moments where I must be looked at as the most immature you could be :tongue:
I laughed when I saw the title of this thread.

By the way, I'd put myself at mature. I'm so mature, I've learned that not being immature at times is stupid, and immaturity is good for the soul.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
I was a snotty brat when I was a kid. That was until my parents mashed my Fi into submission. I’m probably more on the ‘mature’ scale. I kinda wish I had more extraverted crazy in me. How do I get that back?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Depends on what you mean by mature and immature.

As a kid I was highly immature. I would throw tantrums, try to boss people around, and just generally had tunnel vision (despite being sensitive to other people's emotions - crying when my cousins hurt themselves etc). As I got older I became more aware of how my behaviour affected other people. I think this transition happened quite quickly because, by the age of 12, a lot of people called me mature and mistook me for being older than I was. Of course, I was still highly immature in a lot of ways, but I learned to control that side of me. :)

In terms of the silly switch, I am as immature as they come. I find fart jokes hilarious, and I am prone to giggling over things that probably shouldn't be giggled over. I know when to be silly and when to be serious, though. :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well, I always say it took a long time for me to mature and it is true. Sometimes, I still act a little immature but - hopefully at almost 39,I have learned to mature at least a tad. lol :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm so mature, I appear immature to the masses. :wink:

Reactions: Jammies

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Mature enough to hold down a stable job and marriage. Everything aside from that is optional ;)

To make mistakes is human, to stumble is commonplace, to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity.
A person's maturity consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play.
Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.

I can't remember who quoted them ;) someone.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Mature enough to hold down a stable job and marriage. Everything aside from that is optional ;)

To make mistakes is human, to stumble is commonplace, to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity.
A person's maturity consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play.
Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.

I can't remember who quoted them ;) someone.
oooo! Nice!

How's this for maturity?

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
oooo! Nice!

How's this for maturity?

Why must you distract me? I already have enough problems with it. :tongue:

And I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, it would have to be an 11. Dancing koalas are so mature.

Reactions: The King Of Dreams

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Why must you distract me? I already have enough problems with it. :tongue:

And I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, it would have to be an 11. Dancing koalas are so mature.
Yeah, I can see myself doing this in front of Queen Elizabeth! LOL

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Yeah, I can see myself doing this in front of Queen Elizabeth! LOL
You'd need the right music, of course:

This song should be annoying, but it isn't. It's actually pretty catchy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts