Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me start off by saying i'm so sorry about the title..

my name is feriell and i'm a proud enfp! i love puns, obviously, good food, good conversation, netflix, social activism, all things pastel, etc. and of course, mbti. :wink: i've been so into myers-briggs ever since i first happened upon the system! i love learning more about myself and other people too. i'm always up to talk to new people and make new friends so talk to me any time you'd like! anyways, it's a pleasure to meet you all and i can't wait to explore this site further. best wishes! :kitteh:

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings feministfairyprincess and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum feministfairyprincess. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome! Wow, these pink letters in the white background make me have to force my vision in order to read... interesting thing you said about puns... i was just thinking (well not "just", but yesterday) about what types like puns, because i've seen some consistency to similarities between pun-loving beings... so whaddya think would be involved in that? Fi? Ne? Both? For example, i heard once that Ti is one of the factors that might get people to like rap because of the rhymes and word play, i extend that by saying it might also influence in the liking of poetry (my own experience, since i almost like the rhymes more than the content). I don't do puns though, i think i used to do some but not anymore, not sure why.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about the color, is this better? also, that's a neat question. i don't quite know. i'm gonna guess my Ne has something to do with it because i just love to hear a sentence and zip through all the creative possibilities of making a joke and the fulfillment of finding the perfect pun haha. i also just love to grin obnoxiously as my friends groan. very cool observation about rap and rhyming. do you think that's just because you like the feeling of matching and organizing sounds? i really like this take.

·
Registered
389 Posts
sorry about the color, is this better? also, that's a neat question. i don't quite know. i'm gonna guess my Ne has something to do with it because i just love to hear a sentence and zip through all the creative possibilities of making a joke and the fulfillment of finding the perfect pun haha. i also just love to grin obnoxiously as my friends groan. very cool observation about rap and rhyming. do you think that's just because you like the feeling of matching and organizing sounds? i really like this take.
Wow, you actually bothered to change the color, that's nice i guess, but use whatever color you want, i'm not gonna like to read any bright color anyway haha. Ne for puns then, that's interesting. "i also just love to grin obnoxiously as my friends groan" this seems to be a trait between the pun-loving, thinking about this type of situation reminded me of an ENTP friend who does that too (further justifying Ne being involved)... but he also likes to tell spoilers about movies and tv series and then react like that, do you like spoilers as well? I can't refrain from asking... but i actually think that has more to do with Alphas (don't know how much you're into socionics so i'll say that's whoever has Ti/Fe + Ne/Si).
Matching and organizing sounds? yeah i definitely do that. Your choice of words interests me because it shows the perspective Fi has... never in my life i would say that i "like the feeling of organizing" stuff, but that actually makes sense... there's more feeling to logic and more logic to feeling than it looks like at first (at least when talking about cognitive functions and not feelings and logic literally). I could talk more about that but i'll finish answering your question first... Ti is like a huge database with categories that spread out to related topics and whole lines of thought that can be formed out of "surfing" through the database, i categorize words for example according to grammar (not so much in english since i learned it more by experience than actual classes, it is not my native language) in one level of the structure, and then if you look at it from another angle (another level) each word has a meaning attached to it which is represented by the memory of its practical use in conversation and images of what it represents (auxiliary extroverted sensing) and then if you switch the angle a bit more (look at yet another level) there are connections between words that sound alike. When i learn another language for example i go for the second level i mentioned and link a new word to its corresponding one in the language i already know because than the meaning is already there... it gets more complicated than that because some "equivalent" words mean more or less different things across languages but that's the idea. I find it amusing that my memory is really good, i don't know if it's the so-called photographic memory but if it isn't it is really close, but it's also a huge mess if you consider a time line, so if someone asks me something specific about last week or yesterday (like my age too close from my last birthday) than i will have to think hard about it but if it follows some kind of line of thought than i nail it because it's archived that way i.e. one thought pulls the next and so on (of course it's all stuff i already thought about, it's different from the Te arguing). I wrote a lot but i like to share how some function i know well feels from inside, and since you kinda asked i couldn't help it. That said, i would like to hear your personal description of Fi, which is very low in my function stack and i have very limited direct experience with, if any (i already heard inside out definitions of Ne and you gave one example yourself but feel free to talk about it as well if you want to... i think it's kind of inevitable since the Dominant function is sort of involved with everything inside our head).

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome!

I'm sure that I don't just speak for myself when I say that we could always use more ENFPs!

Hope to hear more from you soon on the forums :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts