Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken about 7 different MBTI tests, always testing as an ENFP - although every time the results show that I am only one or two points away from being an ENFJ. This makes sense to me. I guess I could be seen as a very organised ENFP.

So, in your opinion, which one makes a better leader? I know ENFJs are stereotyped as being too controlling, while ENFPs are often sterotyped as not being organised enough.

All feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
607 Posts
ENFJs! ENFPs can be as creative, as idealistic and also have quite a unique leadership style but But the ENFJ leadership has that factor.....to begin and start as well as successfully accomplish those aims and ideas, the structure and organization needed, and also the Fe! But it can also depend on the situation who's the better leader, both can be but imo ENFJs are better leaders :)

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
It think it really depends on the individual. The best leader in my life is a fellow ENFP, and the worst leader I've ever encountered was a seriously imbalanced ENFJ. Oh, one of my brothers! He's a fantastic person, and an amazing leader as well... ENFJ.

Hmmm, so personal experience in my life dictates that both can be great leaders, though, I don't recall having met an ENFP that wasn't a good leader. They're both good in their own rights I suppose.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
It think it really depends on the individual. The best leader in my life is a fellow ENFP, and the worst leader I've ever encountered was a seriously imbalanced ENFJ. Oh, one of my brothers! He's a fantastic person, and an amazing leader as well... ENFJ.

Hmmm, so personal experience in my life dictates that both can be great leaders, though, I don't recall having met an ENFP that wasn't a good leader. They're both good in their own rights I suppose.
Same here. My mother is a ENFJ, and she was a good leader.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
depends on what they're leading.
a business: ENFP
a church: ENFJ
a theme park/entertainment center: ENFP
a charity: ENFJ
a revolution: both

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
I believe Joan of Arc was an NFP type. Strong determination despite the odds, great motivational tact.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I believe Joan of Arc was an NFP type. Strong determination despite the odds, great motivational tact.
Ive seen her typed as INFP, but im not so sure, however individually noone is the same so perhaps she was less of a procrastinator than most INFP's.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I'm thinking ENFJ because of their Fe. They would expect/want peace and harmony within group dynamics using universal truths. Fi is too independent. Although it really would depend on what the leadership role is about. Personally i like to dance to the beat of my own drum, although i will cooperate in group dynamics. Usually only if its with people i know well and care about. Other than that i won't change my morals or values to suit everyone. So again, it comes down to what exactly i'd be leading. I could probably lead a horse to water, but you can't always make them drink. :p

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
I'm thinking ENFJ because of their Fe. They would expect/want peace and harmony within group dynamics using universal truths. Fi is too independent. Although it really would depend on what the leadership role is about. Personally i like to dance to the beat of my own drum, although i will cooperate in group dynamics. Usually only if its with people i know well and care about. Other than that i won't change my morals or values to suit everyone. So again, it comes down to what exactly i'd be leading. I could probably lead a horse to water, but you can't always make them drink. :p
This is where NFPs specialize.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
This is where NFPs specialize.
I wouldn't know anything about that, as i'm the only ENFP i know of that owns and raises horses. I leave the planning/leading to the mastermind in my marriage, a brilliant INTJ. I'd rather do the leading in the bedroom, anything social playful and adventures. Great combo, perfect!!

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
When organizing an event, I wing it way better than my ENFJ girlfriends. They STRESS when organizing. But the turn out is pretty good. Plus, they delegate better so look out if you're in the view of an ENFJ planning an event. You will have found yourself "volunteering" every last bit of your precious time helping the ENFJ achieve their mission. :tongue:

Reactions: Humilis Curator

·
Registered
677 Posts
ENFJs! ENFPs can be as creative, as idealistic and also have quite a unique leadership style but But the ENFJ leadership has that factor.....to begin and start as well as successfully accomplish those aims and ideas, the structure and organization needed, and also the Fe! But it can also depend on the situation who's the better leader, both can be but imo ENFJs are better leaders :)
I don't know about that. My former mentor of 5 years was an ENFJ and he did not/does not have the flare for leadership that I do. I have the ability to catalyze a whole room into action and then structure it so that I can remain unscheduled while everyone else remaining quite scheduled. I often look to find harmony within my team and inspire each of them individually (or sometimes collectively) and give them purpose.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
From an interaction styles standpoint leaders tend to be ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTP and ESTJ.

As far as who is the best leader, well that would be dependent upon the circumstances. ENFJs Martin Luther King and Billy Graham were effective leaders of their more humanistic movements of civil rights and religious evangelism, but I don't know that I want them to lead the Invasion of Normandie. Likewise Abraham Lincoln is often typed as INTP and demonstrated big-picture leadership, even he was a somewhat ineffectual military commander and polarizing politician is his day. So context becomes really important here.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't know about that. My former mentor of 5 years was an ENFJ and he did not/does not have the flare for leadership that I do. I have the ability to catalyze a whole room into action and then structure it so that I can remain unscheduled while everyone else remaining quite scheduled. I often look to find harmony within my team and inspire each of them individually (or sometimes collectively) and give them purpose.
i was telling by my experience, and my opinion generally....it also depends on the person, they way you describe it seems great though!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
When an ENFP has a strong supply of love, understanding and strength backing them to allow their reserves of energy and enthusiasm to never run dry....get the hell out of the way. If not, you will get rolled over. When supplied with what they need to really run, they don't stop. This is my experience anyway.

ENFJs, as @pinkrasputin said, tend to doubt themselves and to stress a lot, this can harm their mission greatly as confidence is important in a leader. As just an INFJ, I also see the doubt and stress within myself sometimes and can speak to its negative impact on various things in my life. I am also close to an ENFJ who is always doubting himself and needs reassurance that what he is doing it right.

Both are good leaders, they just have their different challenges and needs to excel as a good leader.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
ENFP is the Journalist, ENFJ is the Teacher. Neither are natural leaders.
I call bull shit, lol. The definitions of such types do not limit their abilities to only being journalists and teachers. These broad descriptions have little to do with their leadership skills. By the way, to be a teacher is to be leader... just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Stupidest argument I've ever read. One sentence of one word generalizations... lol
I'm not even biting on that logic. I've been a good girl so far today ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts