Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just different on different days?
I have just taken the jung test again and found I am an ENFJ instead of an ENFP.. And my eneagram test is a 4 which i think is more acurate than the 7 i got before. But I dont know? What is the main difference between an ENFP and an ENFJ? Does it make that much of a difference?
:happy:

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
See, the difference is mostly on how you deal with plans, planned activity, and managing time. P's are more adaptable to any situation, usually don't make plans, just are a bit more free. J's are rigid, like to plan, keep a schedule, and damn if they don't get it that way (even if the improv is better than the plan, it upsets us a bit when we plan for something then it doesn't happen...the anticipation/anxiety for it brings a let-down).

Other than that, I think the main differences would be better analyzed by you reading the profiles for both then seeing where you seem to meld with either or. In the end, you may be an ENFX where you are so low percent of J and P where they merge and blend in some areas, causing some personality conflict depending on the day, time, etc.

Just my opinion on the matter, based on having read up on a few other types and seeing questions like this posed.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Yeah, I have to say, as an ENFP, I hate plans and I hate knowing how things are gonna be
Spontaneity! hehe

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
The biggest difference I notice about my ENFJ friends and and me is that they have more of a social standard of doing things "right way" with others than I do. They are really into reinforcing "social graces", but they also love watching me "defy" them. Sometimes I do this on purposely to help broaden their minds. :happy:

My ENFJ friends are naturals at organizing social activities. They organize the parties and I go to them and become the life of the party. They are also into networking more than me. Even though I know it's necessary, sometimes my need to network bumps up against my value to "be true and non superficial" and it gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

My ENFJ friends tend to stick to policy and procedures more than I would and often come to me to ask if I thought it was "okay" for them to do something a different way.

These are just a few things I notice between us. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found it useful to look at the individual function descriptions. Compare Ni with Ne and Fe with Fi and see which ones describe the way you work better. Comparing Ni with Ne was especially helpful to me in figuring out my type. Turns out, I am an INTP who is totally driven, likes stuff clean and relatively planned out, but like any other INTP, it takes me a good 20 minutes to pick which type of bacon to buy from the Super Market.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't think it absolutely matters. I'm an ENFJ but there are times when I can act very "P" when I want to go somewhere that weekend and I'm just like hey do you want to do this and well as not minding procrastinating. I know though I couldn't live without a little structure in my life which makes me very "J". But still, I don't think I'm absolutely rigid with planning either. I think I'm way more balanced than I used to be though definitely :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
The best test is: If somebody phones you now and invites you for this evening to do something you normally like doing, are you happy and excited or are you frazzled, because you have to change all your plans (even if your plans include nothing more exiting than staying at home and doing laundry). I am very much on the J side, and I am not spontaneous at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The best test is: If somebody phones you now and invites you for this evening to do something you normally like doing, are you happy and excited or are you frazzled, because you have to change all your plans (even if your plans include nothing more exiting than staying at home and doing laundry). I am very much on the J side, and I am not spontaneous at all.
I´m totally spontaneous- love surprises and unexpected possibility! But I think I more fit the description of an ENFJ then a P because I´m much more concerned about what other people think and feel then an ENFP- thy are to, but for ENFJ it what life is about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I´m totally spontaneous- love surprises and unexpected possibility! But I think I more fit the description of an ENFJ then a P because I´m much more concerned about what other people think and feel then an ENFP
Of course nobody knows better what type you are than yourself, but are you totally sure you are not P? Granted, I rate very high on the J scale, so I might be an extreme case, but I have never met a J who was totally spontaneous. Js normally care about planning, being prepared, being on time and that does not work well with spontaneity. Even when I agree to spontaneous plans of my P friends to please them, I am never totally happy about it. But caring about people comes with the F side, I do not think being P or J really matters so much there.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
ENFJ's are more concerned with helping people and interacting with people. ENFP's are more concerned with their own heads and interactions with other people is not as big a part of their lives as it is for ENFJ's.

ENFP's want to explore, learn, and go on adventures. The tend to like to be slightly more independent than ENFJ's.

ENFJ's want to help people, make a difference, and be seen as a good fair person.

In my experience, ENFPs are similar to ENFJs in that they have strong values and want to be helpful to others, but for an ENFJ it is often their goal in life to help as many people as they can and they will have the organization, leadership, and motivation to make it happen, while an ENFP tends to apply their value system mostly to themselves and will not spend as much effort trying to change other people. An ENFJ wants to spread their values; an ENFP wants to live by their values while learning as much as they can and going on adventures.

Another thing I though of that might help determine if you are ENFP or ENFJ is that an ENFJ is more of a perfectionist. And they also are not afraid to be the first person to do something. You know those awkward moments when everyone is waiting to do something or isn't sure if there are supposed to do something like hand in an assignment or ask a teacher to clarify something or point out a mistake someone made? An ENFJ will not stand for this and will be the first one to break the silence. They don't mind pointing out when someone does something wrong (in a nice way though) and they will not just let things go. An ENFP is more ok with just going with the flow of things and not drawing attention to themselves (although ENFP's also make good leaders).

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Of course nobody knows better what type you are than yourself, but are you totally sure you are not P? Granted, I rate very high on the J scale, so I might be an extreme case, but I have never met a J who was totally spontaneous. Js normally care about planning, being prepared, being on time and that does not work well with spontaneity. Even when I agree to spontaneous plans of my P friends to please them, I am never totally happy about it. But caring about people comes with the F side, I do not think being P or J really matters so much there.
I´m pretty sure=) I like to make plans but I don´t have a very strong J so I don´t mind to much if things do not go as planed. But my well ex boyfriend how was ENFP with a big P found me was very organized and so on=) When I did not clean up the dishes right away he laught and said "Ohh you are really crazy to day".

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
ENFJ's are more concerned with helping people and interacting with people. ENFP's are more concerned with their own heads and interactions with other people is not as big a part of their lives as it is for ENFJ's.

ENFP's want to explore, learn, and go on adventures. The tend to like to be slightly more independent than ENFJ's.

ENFJ's want to help people, make a difference, and be seen as a good fair person.

In my experience, ENFPs are similar to ENFJs in that they have strong values and want to be helpful to others, but for an ENFJ it is often their goal in life to help as many people as they can and they will have the organization, leadership, and motivation to make it happen, while an ENFP tends to apply their value system mostly to themselves and will not spend as much effort trying to change other people. An ENFJ wants to spread their values; an ENFP wants to live by their values while learning as much as they can and going on adventures.

Another thing I though of that might help determine if you are ENFP or ENFJ is that an ENFJ is more of a perfectionist. And they also are not afraid to be the first person to do something. You know those awkward moments when everyone is waiting to do something or isn't sure if there are supposed to do something like hand in an assignment or ask a teacher to clarify something or point out a mistake someone made? An ENFJ will not stand for this and will be the first one to break the silence. They don't mind pointing out when someone does something wrong (in a nice way though) and they will not just let things go. An ENFP is more ok with just going with the flow of things and not drawing attention to themselves (although ENFP's also make good leaders).
From my experience, being an ENFP,even I don't fear breaking the silence or pointing out the error (well I might hesitate once) but then I'll do it. But yes, I'm good at procrastinating work..! :p

Reactions: Einstein

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seriously, don't think too much. I had passed certified MBTI test and had an interview with certified professional. ENF were clear. J/P I had doubts. The difference is in how you ideally see your life. J/P is not about your capabilities, it's about your preference.

When me and my GF go to spend summer holidays, i LOVE and appreciate when I know where we are going, know that the hotel is booked, know that tomorrow we will see this statue, then this museum, then this beach etc. More things go in this smooth manner, more I'm happy. See, the fact to plan our outings for the whole week: today the cinema, tomorrow the swimming pool, then bar, then Krav Maga whatever it makes me feel REASSURED, CALM and gives me the feeling that my life is under control. It doesn't mean that I'm skillful and perfect organisator, but this is the way I want things to be, and I this is how I try to make it.

ENFP will say: WTF, are you crazy, dude? You've planned the whole thing, how do you know what we gonna see is cool? And what do we do if we see even cooler stuff?! Nooo, I prefer to go without plan and see by the situation in order to never miss anything what life offers to me just because you've made your stupid plan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts