Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I've read many posts on here and have determined that I'm an Ne dom but have had an extremely hard time seeing whether I'm an ENFP or an ENTP because I can relate to both Te and Ti as well as Fe and Fi to some degree and these types are so damn similar in a lot of ways, I would appreciate anyone's input.

Some things (too many) about me:

* Some of my close friends and my parents read both the ENxP descriptions and said I seemed much more like an ENTP and that I don't seem emotional and am very logic-oriented. If I am an ENFP I think my Te almost supersedes my Fi, which seems very rare from what I've read

* I'm incredibly shy and awkward, although I can be very energetic once I get to know people

* I have a really wide range of interests and have a hard time focusing or following through on what I start but I spend almost all of free time reading philosophy, politics, and psychology (my major) and when I'm with friends I often automatically steer the conversation to a debate about some idea or other and am told I play devil's advocate a lot and am highly skeptical of people's opinions

* When I read things I write down exact quotes and always try to cite arguments I quoted exactly as they were written/spoken to be as precise as possible, as well as reading everything wholly and not skipping over any parts of a book or passage. I feel very uncomfortable citing something incorrectly or misrepresenting someone's argument/wording

* I have a strong sense of morality and sensitivity to people's feelings I got from my dad (an INFP) and a kind of over-enthusiastic politeness from my mom (an ISFP). I'll debate an issue to hell and back but always keep in mind the Bertrand Russell adage that "to love is wise and to hate is foolish" and I can feel the emotional intent behind people's arguments even though I would never cite that directly in debating them

* I use a lot of emojis in texting, which I've been told is an ENFP thing

* My best friend is an INTP and I'm always astonished at the kind of risks he's willing to take purely based on his understanding of the rules of something. He ran an almost red light in front of a cop and cited that it was yellow when he entered and would have told the cop that. I'm not sure if it's because I'm an Ne dom or because I might not use Ti or if it's just an irrational fear that I wouldn't take that kind of risk on that basis alone

* My other close friend is an INFJ and when we debate he often laughs at how seriously I take some of his arguments and find logical inconsistencies within them, almost as though I'm being a nerd for taking his stances seriously and pointing out their inconsistencies

* I've always had an attraction to xNTJs and admire their willingness to take opinions that no one else will and have great fun picking apart things they seem absolutely confident in

* My INFP friend is incredibly sincere and moral to a fault, which I admire quite a lot and try to watch for, but she's said that she gets really angry arguing with me because I take specific things she says and evidence them as her believing in such and such philosophy which is contradictory to her stance she's trying to take when she's trying to prove a completely different point

* All the debating and arguing aside I don't like hurting other people's feelings and generally won't push something too far if I can tell it's going to create a huge scene, as fun as it is to create a little one

Thanks again in advance!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hiiii jiluan~

When I read things I write down exact quotes and always try to cite arguments I quoted exactly as they were written/spoken to be as precise as possible, as well as reading everything wholly and not skipping over any parts of a book or passage. I feel very uncomfortable citing something incorrectly or misrepresenting someone's argument/wording
Precision. Accuracy. Auxiliary Ti vibes.

I have a strong sense of morality and sensitivity to people's feelings I got from my dad (an INFP) and a kind of over-enthusiastic politeness from my mom (an ISFP). I'll debate an issue to hell and back but always keep in mind the Bertrand Russell adage that "to love is wise and to hate is foolish" and I can feel the emotional intent behind people's arguments even though I would never cite that directly in debating them
Developed tertiary Fe vibes along with debater Ne/Ti vibes.

My other close friend is an INFJ and when we debate he often laughs at how seriously I take some of his arguments and find logical inconsistencies within them, almost as though I'm being a nerd for taking his stances seriously and pointing out their inconsistencies
He's not being precise and accurate. You point this out. Ti vibes.

I've always had an attraction to xNTJs and admire their willingness to take opinions that no one else will and have great fun picking apart things they seem absolutely confident in.

My INFP friend is incredibly sincere and moral to a fault, which I admire quite a lot and try to watch for, but she's said that she gets really angry arguing with me because I take specific things she says and evidence them as her believing in such and such philosophy which is contradictory to her stance she's trying to take when she's trying to prove a completely different point
ENTP debater vibes.

Kachow! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts