Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
How can I be really sure that I am an ENFP and not an ENTP?

Thank you in advance,
Steffen
You can apply the litmus test. Litmus paper turns purple when wet by ENFP body fluids. The anus is the most reliable testing site. False positives have been know to occur - so test twice, just in cases.

ALSO

If you had to bet your life on solving an equation or puzzle over understanding peoples' motivation then your an ENTP.

ENFP's and ENTP's are very good at understanding complex systems and concepts. ENFP's lean toward social acumen (subjective factors) and ENTP's lean toward mathematical acumen (objective factors).

Also ENTP's like to argue for the exercise, while ENFP's actually care what other people believe.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
You could be a crossover like Russell Brand. The two types can be very similar, ENFPs care more if people like them. Do you give as shit if somebody dislikes you?

·
Registered
707 Posts
How can I be really sure that I am an ENFP and not an ENTP?

Thank you in advance,
Steffen
Can you describe yourself from a moral perspective?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
(Sorry: English is not my mother tongue.)
I think am a very moral person. I want to have justice and I am an idealist.
I have a strong empathy.

But I also have good mathematical skills. I work as an engineer. But before I want to study art, and I dont really feel like an engineer. I could do almost any job.

When I see me as an engineer, I think I am an ENFP because me decisions are very fast and not so detailed. But watch my character outside the job maybe ENTP is also possible. For example I make huge statitics when I buy a car, where I can see the rating dependent on different issues. I hope you understand. :)

Maybe I should speak about a more concrete topic?

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
6,239 Posts
There is really no confusing ENFP with an ENTP. We're both very playful. (ENFP) likes to have fun and no alternative motive as the (ENTP) you might be a cat playing with your food. Plus ENTP has Fe over Fi. Polite with a wicked grin. hehe.

ENFPs also have introverted feeling = Fi paired with Ne would make a very charismatic person but a shy one that puts a lot of emphazies of being true to being an individual. Reason ENFPs are the most introverted of the extroverts. Known to be ambiverts on how our mood is for the day. We like are friends and cling to company that we're familiar with but don't necessarily like large crowds. So we're talkaholics because of our Ne our Fi not allowing us to be "polite speakers" and that's a combination of really interesting conversations we can think out loud. I don't mean polite in as we're rude or snide to people. We just don't know boundaries and when to shut up about an awkward subject. We think most of our thoughts out-loud and can't hold it in.

ENTP have Ne to and can think out loud as well but they also have Fe. So you're looking at a face passed talker but with the ability to gauge if a subject might be too weird or out there. They also will be super friendly. A devil's advocate. Sometimes I never know if an ENTP is my friend and being genuine or being polite to be polite. Kind of like the motto keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I always have this image of someone playing chess with me. The three ENTPs I have gotten to know in my life are a blast and eventually care about the people they play with. They probably match us in wits.

Another thing I said once is I don't like manipulation and referred to it as a bad thing. My ENTP friend asked me in a quizzical question why I thought manipulation was bad?

I think this is why INFJ + ENTP are a very strong match

and

ENFP and INTJ are strong.

(Sorry: English is not my mother tongue.)
I think am a very moral person. I want to have justice and I am an idealist.
I have a strong empathy.

But I also have good mathematical skills. I work as an engineer. But before I want to study art, and I dont really feel like an engineer. I could do almost any job.

When I see me as an engineer, I think I am an ENFP because me decisions are very fast and not so detailed. But watch my character outside the job maybe ENTP is also possible. For example I make huge statitics when I buy a car, where I can see the rating dependent on different issues. I hope you understand. :)

Maybe I should speak about a more concrete topic?
ENTP and ENFP can both be strong in mathematics. T (thinking) does not mean smart and F (Feeling) dumb. In fact a lot of ENFPs are in science, architecture, and engineering jobs because of our ability to think fast and fire of ideas with in a team. If we have J with in that team INTJ, ENFJ, INFJ or ENTJ they can make our ideas into gold. ENFPs are extremely intelligent individuals. I can look at a car and do my research on it. In fact research something is a love of mine. Like the fantasy and dreaming it up is more fun than actually buying it. Same thing when I go on trips. I also don't get bent out of shape if things don't go as plan because I also like to live buy the seat of my pants and don't let the small things get to me. Basically I enjoy the creative idea side but ENTPs are also like this.

You sound like an ENFP. We have a stronger empathy for people, like big care bears. We're normally positive on a daily bases. Most people would describe us like being bathed in sunlight. This does not mean we can't be dark and we have a very dark side to us we just prefer to be positive.

EDIT: also this does not mean I don't enjoy buying something it's figuring out what you enjoy more. But I would guess both ENTP and ENFP are like this. It really is going to come down to are you Fi or Fe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello NIHM,

thank you for your long post. :)

Some more details related to your post.
I am a charismatic person, extroverted, a talkaholic and not shy.
I speak thoughts out loud, and therefore get problems.
Everyday I am very friendly and loved by many (bathed in sunlight). :)
Manipulation is bad and against my values.
Dreaming it up is more fun than actually buying it. Yes!
I am intelligent. IQ 122

My conclusion: I am a little bit more ENFP than ENTP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts