Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so...over the years, I've tested many times as INFJ and INFP. Basically, I was very close on the J and P line and seemed to go back and forth. I decided to go with INFJ because it felt right and because I adore INFJs...not that there's anything wrong with INFPs! Recently I've started to wonder about that, that I might actually be a P.

Since I was questioning it, though, I decided to really pay attention this time and get it right. So I researched a bit, took a cognitive processes test, and the results were that Ne was my dominant process, with Fi following. The test told me that I was an ENFP and I'd never gotten that result before.

I'm just not sure it's right, though. I'm very shy and I always have been. I know that shyness does not equal introvertedness, but it still feels weird. And there's still the fact that I am a deep thinker, and try to be very careful to think before I speak...because I am very worried about what I say being taken the wrong way. Pretty sure that's an introvert trait.

I have noticed that I get energized by being around people. I have even noticed that I get a little bummed out at social events when I have to leave early because the rest of my group is going...though at the same time, I feel more comfortable and at ease while I am by myself. I get very frustrated that I'm not as good at fitting in socially and connecting with people as I'd like to be. If I spend too much time alone, I get depressed, less energetic, make less of an effort in everyday life, etc...and when I do find a person to talk to, I suddenly can't stop talking because I need to share all of my ideas. It's like the whole time I'm alone, I'm keeping track of all the things I need to share with somebody.

I feel like I might be a very damaged ENFP, or perhaps one that withdrew to the point that I look like an introvert.

I'd love some opinions and help figuring this out!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hi, dejavu.

I speculate, based on your post, that you are a shy ENFP. Many ENFPs on this forum have mentioned that they need some alone time as a way, I believe, of getting back in touch with yourself. I believe in duality; everyone needs social time and time alone. Too much time introverted and you lose sight of reality. Too much extraversion and you lose yourself. We all get our energy differently. You seem to derive it from being around people.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input! I've been looking through the forum for other people who had my same question, and am starting to accept that I really might be an ENFP. My cognitive functions are Ne, Fi, Te, Si...which seems to fit ENFP exactly. I have a pretty highly developed Ni, too, which is great and all, but it did confuse things.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have a developed Fi. It makes my plans for local domination of some 10,000 square feet my own treat :crazy:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ENFP is basically the most introverted extrovert type. Right behind is their ENTP cousin. Both are Ne dominant. I think it has something to do with being abstract idea people living in a world of SJ's who don't always take too well to people like us who challenge traditional beliefs and methods. It can be quite draining, especially for an ENFP because you will be more focused on people and relationships than me.

We often get a lot of topics in the ENTP forum from people confused if they are INTP or ENTP because Ne is their dominant function or the description fits, but the tests say INTP because they answer that make them seem like a social butterfly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts