Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coworker who's an NFP, and I'm trying to decide if he's an ENFP or an INFP. He's fairly outgoing, but I've learned that can be misleading especially in a work context. Here's the thing: I get the impression that he's more invested in the people he works with than the job itself. Because of this, sometimes he can end up looking like ENTJ boss's yes man. He won't say anything about it, but it's plainly obvious that he gets frustrated. I'll hear sighs and groans and other nonverbal signs of it coming from his desk.

I'm leaning towards INFP, but i thought I might get the opinions of some NFPs. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm no xNFP, but I know that my wife (INFP) hides behind an ISTJ mask at work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Question: As soon as he figures something out, have you noticed that he is quick to tell someone? Can he handle public speaking, but at a social gatherings(corporate) seem to be off to the side? It's hard to tell from the explanation-
For Example- Me, I am a shy person, seem to have a more introverted lifestyle. BUT when I gain information and ideals from my "outside" surroundings and share them with close ones Im considered Extroverted. This may not help if you all aren't that close, because he will be too shy to open up to you, but if he does feel comfortable- when he tells you about something, does he "bubble and splash" like a fountain overflowing? We like to ramble, and are very repetitive.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question: As soon as he figures something out, have you noticed that he is quick to tell someone? Can he handle public speaking, but at a social gatherings(corporate) seem to be off to the side? It's hard to tell from the explanation-
For Example- Me, I am a shy person, seem to have a more introverted lifestyle. BUT when I gain information and ideals from my "outside" surroundings and share them with close ones Im considered Extroverted. This may not help if you all aren't that close, because he will be too shy to open up to you, but if he does feel comfortable- when he tells you about something, does he "bubble and splash" like a fountain overflowing? We like to ramble, and are very repetitive.
I haven't noticed repetition, but he does tend to get a bit giddy when he's started another project he'll end up not completing.:tongue:

To be honest though, that could go either way as well. It's definitely Ne, but I do the same type of thing and I'm not an ENTP (I would assume it would be the same if you substituted the T for an F).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does he rather work behind the scene or does he prefer to get things going? The difference between the two is that an INFP would rather work behind the scene but an ENTP would want to get things going. An INFP would stick to his values at all cost - at times of stress he would minimise his usage of Ne to just gather in information to only support his values. An ENTP likes the limelight, he wants to be acknowledge as individuals. Both do not take criticisms well, but an INFP will feel crumbled and most probably keep it to himself but an ENFP will most probably retaliate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does he rather work behind the scene or does he prefer to get things going? The difference between the two is that an INFP would rather work behind the scene but an ENTP would want to get things going. An INFP would stick to his values at all cost - at times of stress he would minimise his usage of Ne to just gather in information to only support his values. An ENTP likes the limelight, he wants to be acknowledge as individuals. Both do not take criticisms well, but an INFP will feel crumbled and most probably keep it to himself but an ENFP will most probably retaliate.
Good post! I have vacillated between INFP and ENFP lately because I tend to be very private yet also outspoken. That last comment made me even more sure of my ENFP typing - when criticized I definitely retaliate.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You know, I sometimes act like an ENFP, I took a cognitive functions test it turned out ENFP, though I think the border between INFP and ENFP on that test was really thin. In my opinion, strong INFPs will find hard to initiate a human contact, strong ENFPs won't.

It helped me all that I read here to realise a few things. Mostly I act like an INFP, but sometimes, especially when I am in a good mood, the ENFP in me comes out and I can be very flirty. As for the bubly thing, I think INFPs do that too, but with close friends, while ENFPs have less limitations, will do it with people they met and like. An example : an ENFP at a party asked me to share a plate (we met at that party). I wouldn't be able to be that...:happy: (normally...)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Te is more apparent on enfps than infps. infps tend to withdraw in a conflict situation and seem like they are about to cry, while enfps tend to attack back with Te or withdraw with pissed off Te face, being more like fuck this shit. infps tend to be more relaxed, while enfps tend to be more bubbly and show their enthusiasm more readily. more introverted enfps can be pretty chill and relaxed, but their enthusiasm still pops out more, while infp enthusiasm is pretty controlled.

cba to think more about this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts