Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Would it be wrong for us to feel like the dog sometimes?:laughing: Sometimes I think like him around people I know well, but alone I'm much more feline.

Reactions: mad and Geoffrey

·
Registered
616 Posts
-----So then, I'm a cat. But I don't like cats. Does that mean I don't like myself? I like dogs. Does that mean I harbor a subconscious desire to be eaten? . . . Woof woof! Meeeeoooooow!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
since neither character has any superiority over the other; it is all based on perception.
i dig the way you phrase things :3 and i completely agree. in the grand scheme of these there really aren't facts (asie from gravity) nothing can be good or bad. it is all based upon perception. (lol, self-realizstion moment. i'll leave you to your goings-ons. *steps back into the shadows*)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yep. And sometimes innocent bliss can be more rewarding than conniving and scheming cleverness. =)

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I object a bit, but I do see how you can make this inference. What i do object to is the simplistic attitude of what constitutes ENFP.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I object a bit, but I do see how you can make this inference. What i do object to is the simplistic attitude of what constitutes ENFP.
The ENFP is only simplistic if you consider the cat's perspective to constitute the standard.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The differences between what the cat thinks and what the dog thinks suggests the dog to be simplistic. The diction used and the comparison of which, is what suggests that ENFP equates to simplistic. The only way to create a standard here is to use what was given and then construct a basis upon such. Break everything down to what it appears to be within the comparison and you will see my point, the statement is black and white and I understand that it is anything but.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The differences between what the cat thinks and what the dog thinks suggests the dog to be simplistic. The diction used and the comparison of which, is what suggests that ENFP equates to simplistic. The only way to create a standard here is to use what was given and then construct a basis upon such. Break everything down to what it appears to be within the comparison and you will see my point, the statement is black and white and I understand that it is anything but.
So you are insinuating that register has an intrinsic and determining value?

It may be black and white to you, but I think that says more of you than the image/text itself. I maintain that one could only consider the dog's opinion to be simplistic if one valourises the opinion of the cat, the diction used, or believes that that in itself constitutes a normative standard.

It is, in fact, distinctly possible that the cat is over-complicating things.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So you are insinuating that register has an intrinsic and determining value?

It may be black and white to you, but I think that says more of you than the image/text itself. I maintain that one could only consider the dog's opinion to be simplistic if one valourises the opinion of the cat, the diction used, or believes that that in itself constitutes a normative standard.

It is, in fact, distinctly possible that the cat is over-complicating things.
What i had said was that what was presented appears to be black and white, but that it is anything but.
the statement is black and white and I understand that it is anything but.
I don't think you understand what i am in objection to. I am not interested in arguing semantics so i am sorry

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Well, I personally find this hilarious. ^^ Although it doesn't necessarily apply to me either. I see where it's coming from, though. I can be very enthusiastic about things, especially things I like. Although it's a bit more contained than that. XD

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Well, I personally find this hilarious. ^^ Although it doesn't necessarily apply to me either. I see where it's coming from, though. I can be very enthusiastic about things, especially things I like. Although it's a bit more contained than that. XD
I found this funny too =) I see the exact angle the OP is coming from thou, i don't see anything negative about the distinction between the two. Yes, it is more complex than just being enthusiastic. If you can see the humour in it, you're probably an ENFP, as its filled with subtle humour. I see the dog in the ENFP , or maybe just this ENFP ;) I can make the correlation with the cat and INFP. I think it reveals more about our DOM function than anything else, i enjoyed it ;)) Jump jump , leap, wags tail and pants :D

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
The Dog's Diary is my ISFP best friend daily.
Yes, i can see that in my ISFP friend too, i think they both correlate with the Fi function. Leading Fi in an ISFP is quite different than that of an INFP as it filters through Se. I was thinking about what would suit my INTJ husband, i'm pretty sure Fi for him would be the dog more than the cat if i had to choose one over the other ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts