1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Yeah, it's useful. It's better than hearing the constant "develop your Fi" abstract comment because it's difficult to understand how to actually put this into practice... I literally do all of those things that show undeveloped Fi. I know I need to stop running away from decisions and opinions... But that's easier said than done.

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I had a peek at the INTJ one also, and the interesting bit is that the page focuses on misuse of the Auxiliary function, Fi in the case of ENFP and Te in the case of INTJ, but doesn't mention this fact.

The INTJ one has the very interesting aspect of using Te as a protective filter, which I definitely had when younger, but it's getting better now. In general the page is pretty good, although it misses the effects of tertiary and inferior.

I cannot relate to the ENFP page obviously, but it does have an interesting quality to it, it describes ENFP's who are more in touch with themselves through an Fi that grounds them a bit more like an INFP. Having found their "meaning of life", there is a certain beauty to it that I find hard to explain (not to mention I've seen this maybe once in my life).

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I had a peek at the INTJ one also, and the interesting bit is that the page focuses on misuse of the Auxiliary function, Fi in the case of ENFP and Te in the case of INTJ, but doesn't mention this fact.

The INTJ one has the very interesting aspect of using Te as a protective filter, which I definitely had when younger, but it's getting better now. In general the page is pretty good, although it misses the effects of tertiary and inferior.

I cannot relate to the ENFP page obviously, but it does have an interesting quality to it, it describes ENFP's who are more in touch with themselves through an Fi that grounds them a bit more like an INFP. Having found their "meaning of life", there is a certain beauty to it that I find hard to explain (not to mention I've seen this maybe once in my life).
Yeah, there were moments when they said what I imagined to be more of a weak Te symptom than Fi but the advice generally ends up being about the same, so being exact of the functions is not neccessarily needed if the advice still helps.

I was wondering about that "meaning of life" thing... Like that seems impossible for me to find, could better use of Fi really offer me that? Sounds a little too promising. I don't think Fi-doms are anymore sure about their meaning in the world than ENFPs.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I was wondering about that "meaning of life" thing... Like that seems impossible for me to find, could better use of Fi really offer me that? Sounds a little too promising. I don't think Fi-doms are anymore sure about their meaning in the world than ENFPs.
Maybe I used poor words, "at peace with themselves" may be better or "knowing themselves". It certainly does not mean they have everything figured out, just more secure in who they are.

It could also be something that is more likely to have for type 4's, I'm really no expert :wink:

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i Think the ideas are correct. I wish they were written in a bit more of an ENFP way— lots of examples would always help me. But I do see more meaning in everything when using judgement the way they say. I’ve got a bunch of those well-developed Fi things going for me at my age, luckily. Dang, I had better have developed some judgement at 41, right? There's hope, guys! BUT, right now I’m almost paralyzed to follow through and write my fantasy book. The limiting idea came to me by way of a friend. She said, “Think of what you want to teach society and the best way to teach that.” Well dang it was just a cool idea and story to me that had deep personal meaning. Now I need to think better than that....however, the Viking book I should just go forward with. Follow through on my big dreams is my biggest thing to try to master right now. Follow through of expression.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@HumanBeing. Hi! I've been on the author's website, so I've been familiar with her ideas of who Carrie on Sex In the City should have chosen lol.. it might have actually been how I found PerC, actually. Have you read it over by chance? Hmm, I wasn't too intrigued-- but if it's got the deep hard-core psychology/MBTI study/Jung stuff PLUS examples, then I should definitely read it!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
@Alesha:

I've read quite a bit of it, but it was a month ago, which seems like ages, lol
I was impressed enough for sure, and it really gave a "written by an ENFP for an ENFP" vibe.
I would have totally read the INTJ version if there was one.

All I can do right now is share the table of contents which may give you an impression, the book is about 250-300 pages:
Foreword
Introduction

Part I. Introducing the ENFP
Understanding The ENFP
How The Functions Manifest
ENFPs And The Enneagram
Struggles Only ENFPs Will Understand

Part II. Growing Up ENFP
ENFPs Across The Lifespan
Growing Up Intuitive In A World Of Sensors

Part III. ENFPs In The Workplace
ENFPs At Work
ENFP Testimonials
Defining Your Core Values
ENFPs And Follow-Through

Part IV. Unhealthy ENFP Behaviors
The Dark Side of the ENFP
Times Of Trouble: How The Shadow Functions Manifest
Moving Out Of The Shadows
Dominant-Tertiary Loops
Managing Your Moods
Self-Care For ENFPs

Part V. ENFP Relationships
ENFPs As Friends
ENFPs As Partners
ENFPs As Parents
ENFPs And Conflict

Part VI. How To Make It Work With Every Type
Inter-Type Compatibility
How To Make It Work With Every Type

Part VII. Celebrating The ENFP
Embracing Your Identity As An ENFP
About the Author
Works Cited

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for getting this for me! Lovely of you =) I will go look into it right now.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Thank you for getting this for me! Lovely of you =) I will go look into it right now.
No problem, it was worth the minute of formatting to make a PDF copied text look half decent :tongue:

Don't tell anyone I read that book :kitteh:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I read it too and it is pretty good. Some of the stuff you'll already know but eventually it goes into depth about things that others don't talk about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts