Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions. "

I've been trying to wrap my head around it but i can't for the life make it make sense! Someone please explain this to me. Examples are welcome. I'm not daft... I just don't get it. :)

So i make an assumption based on intuition, circumstances etc... the information given.. yet by applying judgement i get it wrong??? Help!

A

·
Banned
269 Posts
I think it means that you may accurately perceive what's happening in a situation (Ne) but when time rolls around to make a judgment, it will no longer hold any weight that will be beneficial to yourself and the external (whether it be a person or object or ______).

I'm going to take a guess and say jumping to a wrong conclusion may be the result of the highly subjective Feeling (introverted) function and/or the inferior Sensing (introverted) function.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My interpretation: we have the ability (or perhaps potential) to make startling insights into other people's lives but we may be oblivious to seemingly obvious insights into our own lives.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I do that all the time. All the time. When can talk to people and tell that something is wrong and that is about it. It really drives me nuts that I'm always wrong when I go to apply it. I just wish I had those mind reading abilities that others have.... It Feels like my powers are just kinda broken. Thank god I have the ability to speak up and ask "Is everything alright?" But that doesn't always help when it comes to those people who feel like you should just know or those who expect you to read them. I fee like I have been shafted. I want my money back.

339 Posts
Yes, ENFPs make wrong decisions. They become friends with INTJs :laughing:
Exactly.

XD

Anywho... This (unfortunately) happens. We're pretty damn good at telling when someone took the cookie outta the cookie jar and all, but we just can't accurately tell who! (Okay, okay I confess! There is no such analogy! I made it up! Don't kill me e__e) In somewhat more understandable terms, when it comes to the actual decision making process about what's going on after 'sensing' what's going on, it comes out wrongly. Or so I think. Ignore the cookie analogy and all is well with you.

We all know who took the cookie out anyway... -with shifty eyes, she exposes the secret- Big Bird was behind it all!

(See what I mean about applying bad judgement? lol)

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I understood this so: Ne>Fi and Fi is how ENFPs judge ====> We make Fi errors lol or in other words Ne takes our empathy to places that may not be real.

...I could be wrong hahah

·
Banned
153 Posts
"ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions. "
Well I sometimes over-analyze things. If someone behaves harshly or ignores me or whatever I might get the impression they dislike me (when in fact they may have a bad day, or something else that I don't know) and sometimes I will draw conclusions that "he's an arrogant person" for example, when that might not be the truth. I dunno if that's what meant though... Putting too much into something, over-analyzing... nah?

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Well I sometimes over-analyze things. If someone behaves harshly or ignores me or whatever I might get the impression they dislike me (when in fact they may have a bad day, or something else that I don't know) and sometimes I will draw conclusions that "he's an arrogant person" for example, when that might not be the truth. I dunno if that's what meant though... Putting too much into something, over-analyzing... nah?
o.o isn't that what I said?

·
Banned
153 Posts
o.o isn't that what I said?
yeah, really? where? I only see one post in here (Ne>Fi and Fi is how ENFPs judge etc.), which I didn't really understand. But if you said what I said in a more sophisticated coded way, then sure :D I just didn't understand any of it (I'm a little slow...)

So, if you could translate your post for me (without using any of the scary function words) I'd be grateful :happy:

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
yeah, really? where? I only see one post in here (Ne>Fi and Fi is how ENFPs judge etc.), which I didn't really understand. But if you said what I said in a more sophisticated coded way, then sure :D I just didn't understand any of it (I'm a little slow...)

So, if you could translate your post for me (without using any of the scary function words) I'd be grateful :happy:
ENFp Fi, the judging function is not as good as a Fi dom's (INFP). We also have a stronger Ne to complicate things.

o.o it is how you said. Because of the above we may jump to wrong conclusions or extend the Fi judgment to other things.

Example:
If someone behaves harshly or ignores me or whatever I might get the impression they dislike me (when in fact they may have a bad day, or something else that I don't know) and sometimes I will draw conclusions that "he's an arrogant person" for example, when that might not be the truth.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If someone behaves harshly or ignores me or whatever I might get the impression they dislike me (when in fact they may have a bad day, or something else that I don't know) and sometimes I will draw conclusions that "he's an arrogant person" for example, when that might not be the truth.
Any more of these tangible examples would be Much appreciated since I'm not yet entirely familiar with terms like Ne or fi ... thx!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The way ENFP think is by sucking in absolutely tons of data, then our subconscious mind literally triangulages patterns for us. It can make us really great at identifying narratives/stories from a series of facts and conversations, for example. It's as if you were able to hoover in information from a map, then little flags pop up and you identify what you think is the 'truth' because you look inside yourself and just 'feel' the right answer.

But just because we identify a possible pattern doesn't mean the pattern accurately reflects the facts, or the other party's motivations or intentions.

In short, we can connect the dots but the picture may be inaccurate!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Okay, for example a few weeks ago I heard my mum a couple of times in the bathroom after evenings being sick, and after it happened after dinner a few times I guessed that she was Bulimic. Turned out she had a stomach lining issue.

A guy started replying to my texts less and less. I assumed it was because he wasn't interested anymore. He was broke and had less money for credit.

And so on. We make assumptions with limited amount of information and often we are right but sometimes we are wrong.

·
Registered
511 Posts
We're rarely surprised by the way things turn out, but fail to always accurately predict beforehand where things are going.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts