Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been contemplating this for a while now and I think I'm ready to see what fellow ENFPs think about it. I can't help but think that sometimes, I can see things coming, or some things were suppose to happen. It might just be practical experience or intuition, but I can usually tell the way somethings going to turn out before it happens. This especially happens with people. I can almost always determine what someone thinks about me... and if someone gives me their opinion about me, I can almost always tell whether they are lying or not. For instance, when a girl that I'm in a relationship with begins to have second thoughts about me, I can usually tell right off the bat, and I can usually, accurately determine why she is having second thoughts. It might just be my social awareness, but I can pretty much tell anyone what their opinion about me or someone else is even if they havn't ever given their own input.

Another thing I've started paying attention to is the meaning behind certain events in my life. I've been pondering on the way certain things in my life work out and I cannot help but think that it seems like everything happens for a reason, often a big reason. It just seems like every little detail of my life can lead to a great thing happening in my life. Even things as simple as the songs I listen to. It's funny, everytime I discover a new song that I really like, the words in the song seem to go exactly with what is going on in my life at the time I hear it. It's like my brain will unconsciously pick out songs I like based on the words of a song... I won't even know the words to a song that I really, really like... and when I do find out what the words are... they fit in with what I'm going through in life. It's like I can relate to a song before I even know I'm relating to it. I see this happening with movies too... when something is going on in my life (such as relationships), I just happen to end up watching a movie that metaphorically represents what I'm going through. It's creepy how many connections I find myself making with movies and songs and whatnot. I can't help but feel like sometimes I was suppose to hear a certain song or watch a certain movie, or meet a certain person or get a certain job. It's like everything is connected.

I can see why they say us ENFPs see things as a "bizarre cosmic whole."

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just sent you a message, but what you are saying is something that I have wondered about a fellow ENFP guy. Do these psychic instances scare you? I feel like I have become aware of them. They scare me...because I sense that this guy knows what I'm thinking, and anticipates my actions before they happen. But perhaps you (him too) are just so adaptable that you adjust to the situations at hand? I think he knows that I'm aware of him knowing too. He gets really nervous when he unexpectedly runs into me. Please tell me more about your kind!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Haha. I first read this as "ENFP Physics." And I was all... physics are different for ENFP's? :tongue:

I think I should go sleep now.

Reactions: GreenCoyote

·
Registered
17 Posts
to much text for me, that is my input on the subject

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
D: I have a question. Are all the N's going to make psychic threads? It's called Intuition. I haz some, you haz some, we all haz some.

EDIT: Magic Edit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sent you a message, but what you are saying is something that I have wondered about a fellow ENFP guy. Do these psychic instances scare you? I feel like I have become aware of them. They scare me...because I sense that this guy knows what I'm thinking, and anticipates my actions before they happen. But perhaps you (him too) are just so adaptable that you adjust to the situations at hand? I think he knows that I'm aware of him knowing too. He gets really nervous when he unexpectedly runs into me. Please tell me more about your kind!!
Chances are that if you like an ENFP, he can tell. However, many ENFPs will be torn between their intuition and realism. They will take every little detail of a convo you have with them, and judge how you feel about them based on the tone you use. If you really responsive to everything he says, he's probably going to assume you like him. If you seem uninterested in talking, then he might still think you like him, however he may begin internally struggling... constantly thinking "well all signs point to her liking me, but she didn't seem like she was too interested in hanging out with me..." and this causes the struggle. If you do like him, send him obvious hints or just flat out tell him. If you don't like him, then tell him you would never do anything to ruin the friendship or something along the lines of that and he should get the idea.

The worst thing you can do is be "hot and cold." Acting like your into him at one moment and then giving him the cold shoulder the next will keep him wondering, but it will ruin his positive image of you. Overall, the best thing to do is to be OBVIOUS. Hell another method is to tell a friend to tell him that you like him, if he starts being more flirty then he's interested, If he starts being cold and seemingly won't even look you in the eye, then move on...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D: I have a question. Are all the N's going to make psychic threads? It's called Intuition. I haz some, you haz some, we all haz some.

EDIT: Magic Edit.

I know it's intuition, but whose to say a well refined sense of intuition is not a form of ESP?

lol... haz.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
L: I didn't say that it wasn't either. I'm just saying it's not limited too NF's.

From what I've been able to tell [Both from personal Experience & viewing others]

NT: Tend to know what a person is thinking
NF: Tend to know what a person is feeling

Reactions: kph5034

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Makes sense, if we could figure out a way to produce a "ENFTP" then we would have a genuine psychic!

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I don't claim any psychic nature, and I also won't go as far to relate it to any of the 8 MBTI letters because that just makes a LOT of people with extrasensory perception, don'tcha think :wink:

But I do get gut feelings when stuff just *isn't right*

Fi: This process helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project, and reading another person or action or project with fine distinctions among feeling-tones. Jungian Function Theory
This happens when talking to a friend and sensing from their tone that they are unhappy and so on. I would also attribute it somehow to observation.

My personal opinion is to never be fooled by the textbook description of functions or types because for instance (from on the top of my head) they say that Fe function is about knowing what other people feel and what they want for their birthday without asking them. Some friends are like this (one INFJ friend) but I know plenty ExFJs (primary Fe function) who have NO IDEA what people are feeling. Especially if the people are Fi users. And they certainly DO NOT exhibit the feeling of the environment.

I can attribute this *psychicness* to good observation skills and realizing of patterns which manifest in the form of gut hunches.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
KPH please come join the fun in the thread here "NF Psychic?"
Poor NT's havering to put out all these irrationals that believe in ESP... I almost feel sorry for them...

... nahh:crazy:

Reactions: kph5034

·
Registered
14 Posts
i always have dreams depicting actaull future events.- but its never anything heavy.... and normally around 30second to 1 minute long happenings.

the crazy thing is, when these events unfold im unable to react at all.... way scary.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Actually I freak people out knowing what they are thinking time to time. I take the words out of their mouth, and they look at me bemused. I just believe it is me knowing people well.

i always have dreams depicting actaull future events.- but its never anything heavy.... and normally around 30second to 1 minute long happenings.

the crazy thing is, when these events unfold im unable to react at all.... way scary.
I know those dreams all too well. Very well actually, and yes when they unfold you sit there wanting to possibly change it, but you are unable to move because you are so intrigued with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i feel like i can automatically feel what another person is feeling or thing in any conversation. sometimes people don't hold eye contact or for very long or they'll get nervous because they'll feel like i'm looking into their soul, someone has actually told me that lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am extremely intuitive and perceptive about people.. even without knowing them.. or even seeing them in person. I can easily pick up on people's mannerisms and their pet peeves and their amount of knowledge.

The thing I have the most difficult time picking up on is how certain people think of me as, not that it really matters.. heh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As I have gotten older, I am now 42, my intuitive abilities are shockingly accurate....It's just a knowing...Things I am sure of without knowing why. My children who are 19 and 20 now, are believers in my intuition. In the past when they have tried to lie to me about something...I had no evidence that they were lying, no mannerism give aways, just an internal knowing. Also, in romantic relationships, I have this same knowing about how the person is feeling towards me.

When my business phone begins to ring, I ALWAYS know when it is my daughter calling. When my customers come into my shop, not always, but many times I have thought of them in the morning while getting ready for work...The thought of them just pops into my head for no reason.

It's so weird....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't help but think that sometimes, I can see things coming, or some things were suppose to happen. It might just be practical experience or intuition, but I can usually tell the way somethings going to turn out before it happens.

Another thing I've started paying attention to is the meaning behind certain events in my life. I've been pondering on the way certain things in my life work out and I cannot help but think that it seems like everything happens for a reason, often a big reason. It just seems like every little detail of my life can lead to a great thing happening in my life. Even things as simple as the songs I listen to. "
OH MY GOSH!!! I TOTALLY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!! It's so weird, like I'd tell my sister a couple of times I knew this was going to happen and I get total dejavu about stuff. And just certain things about people stick out a little more. And the whole song thing it happens to me too!! All of a sudden the new songs I like all relate to my life... and it seems like every thing I do (as in the decisions I make) ultimately lead to somewhere..
But lately I've been wondering If I've gone off track somewhere or made a bad decision and stuff because it used to happen a lot where I would have a little dream of something and then some time later I'd have dejavu and that exact situation would play out in real life. But now it's like the situation plays out to an extent and then there is something missing... I don't know if thats ever happened to anyone else or does that even make sense?? ahh but yeah i totally feel u.. even if its hard to understand whati just typed:tongue:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts