Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
OK I don't know about individuals' personality types... but rappers that give off ENFP vibes to me are artists with social messages... actually more hip-hop/R&B comes to mind -- but like Talib Kweli, de la Soul, Chuck D/Public Enemy, Jill Scott... to social vision + art + communication + community = ENFP vibes :)

I don't have the most exhaustive knowledge of rap so there are probably more strict rappers I'm overlooking.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
Reactions: Eloise and Hunger

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We're too heartfelt for the rap scene. We need something more abstract and emotional.
Thinking about rap as a medium, an art form - verbal - I think that's super-ENFP compatible. certain scenes, like hardcore gangsta rap, feel kinda incompatible w/ ENFP personality to me. But I don't think rap is incompatibe with ENFP :)

it's all words -- so there can be abstract ideas in the words. And rap creates community around an art form, which is majorly ENFP. And it's expressive and performance-based -- like us. : )

-----

Busta Rhymes is a possibility because he's so off the wall & energetic. But do you think he might be S?

·
Banned
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I could see K'naan as possibly being an ENFP. But also I could see that being just my wishful thinking. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's really hard, for me, to type someone based on their music.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more insane/crazy rappers were ENFP or similar. Like:
Ol' Dirty Bastard, Busta Rhymes

Edits:
I second the Childish Gambino

I think Lil Wayne could be... he's so "heart on his sleeve" and varies between wildly immature to really deep. He also does a ton of improvisational stuff, and is constantly trying to define/re-define himself.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Will Smith? He may be ESFP though, and hardly a rapper.
What about Mos Def? I've seen him typed as ENFP, but I haven't listened to enough of his stuff to know.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What about Mos Def? I've seen him typed as ENFP, but I haven't listened to enough of his stuff to know.

One of us, one of us!!!!!!!
Side note: If anyone sees/hears that the mask he's wearing in this video has gone missing, let it be known that I am the guilty party.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts