Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello!!! Looking to stretch my horizons and to expand into other genres :) getting bored with my reading lately, any suggestions?
Hi ^^

Well, what genre of books do you like? I have a lot I can recommend.

Reactions: Little_Bird

·
Registered
305 Posts
I love Khaled Hossein books, a Thousand splendid suns for example. They are full of fantasy/story telling where you can picture all the views in your head but also tell a story about the country's history, too.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If you're looking to branch out to other genres, House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds was a pretty epic sci-fi novel.

Reactions: Little_Bird

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! Thank you, I know have 2 more books on my reading list :) im going to the library tomorrow, so ill see if they have them. If not, ill ebook them X3

I love books that paint me pictures in my mind, and I love culture!! So A thousand splendid suns sounds pretty fascinating :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're looking to branch out to other genres, House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds was a pretty epic sci-fi novel.

You had me at sci-fi XD im dying for a well written sci-fi novel that I cannot so easily poke holes in, ill definitely check it out. Can't knock it unless I try it ;D

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
In case you've been living in a cave, or you've simply gotten complacent with the TV series, A Song of Ice and Fire is pretty much a go-to. Yes, they're well worth reading even if you watch the TV series.. In fact they're the only big fiction I've read in the last 5-6 years probably.

I generally don't read as much as I used to- but I notice many of the books I used to read have INFx's as their main characters.. maybe since I was introverting when I read, it makes sense that way.

Deepgate Codex Trilogy is a fantasy series that is amazing. The quality of writing is world class, and it avoids cliches. Scar Night is the first book. If you want something immersive.

I remember really enjoying the Black Magician Trilogy too a long time ago.. More of a teen fantasy, or "young adult", but very solid. It's noticeably teen/young-adult in style, but even if you are early 20s or so you'll appreciate it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In case you've been living in a cave, or you've simply gotten complacent with the TV series, A Song of Ice and Fire is pretty much a go-to. Yes, they're well worth reading even if you watch the TV series.. In fact they're the only big fiction I've read in the last 5-6 years probably.

I've heard of that series, but I was caught up getting into other things that I never really had a chance to look into it. It sounded interesting, but I kinda was busy fluttering to other cool things XD

Deepgate Codex Trilogy is a fantasy series that is amazing. The quality of writing is world class, and it avoids cliches. Scar Night is the first book. If you want something immersive.

A good friend of mine INTP suggested that one a year back. I totally forgot about it, thanks for reminding me!! Haha he said too, that it wasn't cliche and he couldn't get his head out of it haha.

Thanks for the suggestions!!! More books on le reading list X3 As for the Black Magician series, I checked it out a while back and it didn't really do it for me *shrugs* Thanks tho!! Funny that you said that, most of my favorite protagonists are either ESTPs, or INTxs. But the ones I would connect with the most were INFPs, even tho I was a definite extrovert. Hmm, I was also behaving rather introverted at that time to, but it was mostly because of bullying. The less I interacted with people, the less likely I was going to be abused. And then my extroversion would come out in these awkward, sudden bursts XP

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Well, I love adventure and regular novels like Tuck Everlasting or the Giver. I love poetry, and I enjoy mysteries (I was addicted to Nancy Drew as a kid haha) and I especially enjoy fantasy, like dragons and such :3
Hmm, have you read the sequels to the Giver? (Gathering Blue, The Messenger, Son.) They're not as well known, but quite good.

Hmm, in terms of other fantasy/adventure/mystery books, I really liked the Pendragon series, The Secret Garden, and Juniper Springs. Also, in terms of other non-fantasy books, Anne of Green Gabels is really good. I could also recommend some dystopian/sci-fi books as well, I've been reading a lot of that recently. ^^

Reactions: Wings of Nike

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Well, I love adventure and regular novels like Tuck Everlasting or the Giver. I love poetry, and I enjoy mysteries (I was addicted to Nancy Drew as a kid haha) and I especially enjoy fantasy, like dragons and such :3
Hmm, have you read the sequels to the Giver? (Gathering Blue, The Messenger, Son.) They're not as well known, but quite good.

Hmm, in terms of other fantasy/adventure/mystery books, I really liked the Pendragon series, The Secret Garden, Juniper Springs...oh and the Deepgate Trilogy is very good. Also, in terms of other non-fantasy books, Anne of Green Gabels is really good. I could also recommend some dystopian/sci-fi books as well, I've been reading a lot of that recently. ^^

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Hmm, in terms of other fantasy/adventure/mystery books, I really liked the Pendragon series, The Secret Garden, Juniper Springs...oh and the Deepgate Trilogy is very good. Also, in terms of other non-fantasy books, Anne of Green Gabels is really good. I could also recommend some dystopian/sci-fi books as well, I've been reading a lot of that recently. ^^

·
Registered
852 Posts
The Wheel of Time, The Picture of Dorian Grey, Howl's Moving Castle, the City of Ember, Jane Eyre, Uglies, Across the Nightingale Floor

I am planning to read lots of sci Fi this summer in order to branch out as well. XD

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Cool!! Sequels to the Giver? I'll definitely check it out :) I think I read the first book of the pendragon series as a kid, Secret Garden was a great book :D I've heard of the Deepgate trilogy, but I never got around to reading it!! My visit to the library is going to be interesting XD

Give me sci-fi or give me death!! LOL we should geek out over books or something over social media and stuff haha. It's been a while since I had a booky friend X3 Thanks for the suggestions!!!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Cool!! Sequels to the Giver? I'll definitely check it out :) I think I read the first book of the pendragon series as a kid, Secret Garden was a great book :D I've heard of the Deepgate trilogy, but I never got around to reading it!! My visit to the library is going to be interesting XD

Give me sci-fi or give me death!! LOL we should geek out over books or something over social media and stuff haha. It's been a while since I had a booky friend X3 Thanks for the suggestions!!!
You like Sci-Fi??? YES.

What sci-fi books do you like? I've read like 5,000,000,000,000

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
I lost my old reading list (thanks dropbox XP) but I believe that The Little Prince was on the list :D Thanks!!
I had no idea where to start, so I decided to ask here :)
No problem.

If you like sci-fi I highly recommend The Dune. Its complicated but it's worth everything.
If want something a little more simpler Travel to the Center of Earth is a good start.
And, of course, the father of modern sci-fi, Lovercraft.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
All of the Dune prequels written by his son are some really good sci-fi mind candy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.