Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an ENFP SCORPIO and it seems that the characteristics of both are super similar! Is there a corralation between our personality types and our zodiac signs? what is your sign?!:tongue:

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Yes, for me too. I'm a hotheaded Aries. It seems to fit my ENNG also ;-)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ugh; not for me. I've never thought the Taurus matched me well.

In retrospect, I'm sure all types could find some match with their zodiac sign... I'm relatively sure there is an ENFP to every single zodiac sign out there! The zodiacs are just vague enough for you to find stuff in common with your personality or current situation... same thing with say, Chinese fortune cookies or your horoscope. If you make advice vague enough, you can use your imagination to make it relate to your situation.

Can you tell I'm NOT a believer?? Hahaha!

If you really wanted to make it personal though, then you could consider the Chinese year in correlation along with your sign. Like I'm a Dragon AND a Taurus (doesn't that make me sound like a nightmare!!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a cancer ENFP! I think some of it correlates, but the biggest thing similarities is that cancers and ENFPs are both very emotional--which I very much am.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm a Pisces, and an ox! I don't really think horoscope can actually relate to people's personality. Basically, according to it, all people born within 4 weeks of each other have the same personality?! Does not compute...

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I was actually born on the cusp between Libra and Scorpio-- October 23rd. Some magazines/horoscopes will list Libra as cutting off on October 22nd and Scorpio beginning on the 23rd... others will have Libra cutting off on the 23rd. So who's to say, really. Needless to say, I identify much more with Scorpio, since Libra pretty much just sounds like a crazy SJ!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'm an INFP and a Capricorn. Capricorn's sound like super hardworking, socially conservative ISTJs. They like rules, tradition, structure, planning, ambition. I am none of the above.

It's fun to think about astrology since it's been around for so long. (I like old and mysterious things/teachings.) But I couldn't reconcile being an INFP and Capricorn. In fact, my whole chart makes me sound like a super earthy, practical SJ and made me wonder if there was this hidden side of my personality that I was completely unaware of.

Then I realized that there is so much more to astrology than sun signs and that each "planet" represents a different facet of your personality.

The sun represents the ego. It is your will. Where it is is what drives you. It is what you should develop in order to grow. Sometimes this side is visible to others and other times it is underdeveloped and takes work. Sometimes it is a part of oneself that is denied. It can also represent the male parent or influence in one's life.

The moon represents home and growth. It is what one believes they need in order to feel safe. It is habitual. It is what you do that requires no effort. It is visible to those who are closest to you. It can also represent the female parent or influence in one's life.

The ascendant or rising sign is how one appears to others. Sometimes it is conscious and other times it is not. It's the first impression others get of you. It can also be the mask that you put on to hide your true self.

These are arguably the most important signs in one's birth chart and after I realized this, my chart started to make sense. I saw Capricorn (my sun) in my chart. I saw that I denied my own ambitions and that I fought against traditions, rules, and order. I saw that these would be things I would need to come to terms with or even embrace in order to grow. I saw Virgo (my moon) in my chart. I saw that I overanalyzed my emotions and feelings and that I felt that I needed this analyzing and order to feel secure. I saw Taurus (my ascendant) in my chart. I saw that I appeared serious, stubborn, and like I had a bad temper.

I realized that my chart wasn't so different from myself when I stopped trying to label myself as "a capricorn" when that was just a piece of my chart. It's like when people try to label themselves as their MBTI type when they are in fact much more.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The sun represents the ego. It is your will. Where it is is what drives you. It is what you should develop in order to grow. Sometimes this side is visible to others and other times it is underdeveloped and takes work. Sometimes it is a part of oneself that is denied. It can also represent the male parent or influence in one's life.
Mine is Libra

The moon represents home and growth. It is what one believes they need in order to feel safe. It is habitual. It is what you do that requires no effort. It is visible to those who are closest to you. It can also represent the female parent or influence in one's life.
Mine is Aquarius

The ascendant or rising sign is how one appears to others. Sometimes it is conscious and other times it is not. It's the first impression others get of you. It can also be the mask that you put on to hide your true self.
Mine is Libra
And this is an interesting description of ascendant - because pretty much, what you see is what you get with me...

That all makes for a lot of Air! My ISTp - fire. So, I burn, he blazes ... sounds about right...

He is a Sagg, and a little older than me, and I heard it said that the later you are born in the year - me, October, he, December, the later in life you find true love... which sure seems to be what's going on with us...

·
Registered
847 Posts
And I think its interesting we are so many different signs!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My zodiac sign is Sagittarius and and it has some match with my ENFP traits. By my zodiac..i was born to a SP.I do believe in zodiac signs. And I've heard that ENFPs are hypersensitive, well I'm sensitive and outspoken at the same time. Though I've managed to control myself nowadays..but sometimes it really seems hard for me.I believe that I'm so paradoxical because of sun sign ( because I know that ENFPs are not really outspoken). I'm funny, benevolent( at least I think :p )which definitely do not contradicts my ENFP nature.
@WMDistraction- :-D

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm a virgo... doesn't mean much to me.

Once in a blue moon I'll read the horoscope for a chuckle.

I think the chinese horoscopes are much more fun.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I find astrology absolutely fascinating. Not the kind where you look up your love life in a magazine, but the full on star chart and what that means for you. I think if you look at the two as complimentary to each other (MBTI and Astrology) you can get a better picture of the things that make up your being.

Think of it as a generic set of traits that everyone has, and your personality type is how you filter those things. My ascendant sign is a Libra, so I appear charming and friendly to people on first impression. The thing is, charming and friendly can mean quite a few different things. How I give off the charming vibe could be different for a different personality. Just because they both tell you who you supposedly are, doesn't mean you can't mix and match. Hell, mixing and matching is half the fun of being an ENFP.

On a side note, the thing I'm most interested in is the fact that both my sun and moon sign (both also Taurus.) are in the 8th house. It's supposedly one of the reasons I'm interested in all of this stuff in the first place and I can't help but feel it makes sense for me. I know, this all sounds crazy. I just can't stop being interested in it. :sad:

·
Registered
185 Posts
HAHA yes I am a dog and a scorpio...not sure they correlate well ;p
As an INTJ Scorpio/Dog, I must say that although I don't "believe in horoscopes," the description of a Scorpio/Dog is nearly the polar opposite of the ENFP temperament description. Scorpio is a fixed sign, refusing to budge, & ENFPs go with the flow. If you're wondering why I know this, it would be b/c of my ENFP Pisces/Tiger boyfriend, who loves discussing horoscopes. One who loves must learn to humor, no? Interestingly, Pisces/Tiger is probably the most apt description for an ENFP.

Take these "new astrology" summaries by Suzanne White, for example:

Scorpio/Dog: "Both Scorpio and Dog are dedicated and devoted. Scorpio lends fire to this dedication, and if betrayed, adds jealousy as well. Both Dogs and Scorpios like to advance strong opinions. Dog is a shade more know-it-all than the secretive Scorpio. But Scorpio can hold his own in conversation. And Dogs do a lot of nipping and snapping. With the Scorpio's viper tongue to dispatch the Dog's verbal snipes, you can readily see that this is not a person who minces words. The Scorpio/Dog character is acerbic and sarcastic. Yet, at the same time he or she can be very kindly and full of brotherly love. If riled however, (and that is not difficult with this edgy soul), the Scorpio/Dog can be sadistic in his commentary. Let's just say that the Scorpio/Dog uses his tongue and his wits to battle his way through life. This character has no use for disappointment in love. Once burned. Twice shy. He or she is a fervent sexual partner who gives value in return for devotion. Not easy to seduce. But worth it."

Pisces/Tiger: "This plucky Pisces character spends a large chunk of his energy and time trying to achieve closer rapport with himself. Pisces born in Tiger years often feel confined by their spunky feline side and sometimes wish to shake the Tiger off their backs. Pisces likes to swim in limitless time and move through infinite space. Constraints are of no interest to the Fish. He longs to be free to float unbound. His goal is spiritual enlightenment and personal equilibrium. He is moreover, a very hard worker. Luck is with this Tiger because of his ability to adapt to whatever circumstance is available to him. Besides, people like him instantly. He's open and up front about what he wants and is not afraid to go after it. AND... he or she is crack-me-up funny. In love he may be a tad flighty while still young. But after thirty, he or she usually settles down and can be monogamous. A delicious sex partner is this character. He's caring and tender and he is moreover a laugh riot. You will be giggling all the way to the climax of this..."

In any case, although I think there are some uncanny similarities between our particular zodiac signs and personality types, I regard it as entirely coincidental, and wouldn't put any energy into trying to find a correlation.

·
Registered
847 Posts
@jeremiahpuppybeast, I followed your link and here is what Suzanne White says about me. I must be really becoming who I am because it really is all about love for me now - when for so many years it was duty - and yes, there is in me this drive to be first place in my beloved's heart... it seems to be my desire every moment of the day... I hope people here don't get tired of me talking about it! My life just sort of completely flipped last October, and has not been the same since... And my bond with my son as a Mom remains extremely important as it always has been and always will be, but he is 15, and is individuating, as it should be, so, roles change and evolve...

Loving is what the Libra/Pig does best. This person is devoted, exclusive, jealous and loyal. Nothing really counts much in the Libran Pig's life except the relationship he or she has with a mate, child, sibling or parent. All activity centers around the bond that Libra/Pig has created with someone else. Professions, money, children, hobbies, friendships - you name it- will be relegated to second place. Libra/Pigs are artistic homebodies who excel at crafts and glory in building things with their hands. In Love? Nothing can ever get in the way of this person's drive for first place in the heart of a beloved mate. The Libra born Pig loves with an intense exclusivity that borders on paranoia. If you happen to fall into the happy clutches of one of these serviable, adoring creatures, consider yourself lucky. But don't try anything extramarital - not even a night out with the boys/girls. Sexuality? Fabulous. And willing,. This creature delights in surrendering to even the most...

[I have to pay 8.99 to find out exactly what it is I surrender to, but I don't think I will do that...]

Famous Libra Pigs - Cheryl Tiegs, Julie Andrews, Le Corbusier...

Reactions: Emphasis
1 - 20 of 38 Posts