Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a ENFP female and I feelings for a INTP male. We have been good friends for a year and half now, we get along well, and we are always playfully bickering. We are in the same friend group but we are the closest out of everyone. We attend the same university so we used to hang out almost everyday whether it be with a group if friends or alone,chilling watching a TV show/movie he liked, listening to music, going out to different places, or to get food somewhere. I've liked him for almost a year now, but I could not tell whether or not he liked me back. I would always act neutral with him as I wouldn't obviously flirt with him just so he wouldn't think "wtf is she doing?" or something. We pretty much talk like best friends (talking about girls or guys we thought were attractive, stuff happening to us, or just random things). Last year I had a feeling he liked me but I was never sure as he is not the type to make the first move and I feel like I could just be mistaking it with him just being comfortable with a good friend.

If he did have any type of mutual feelings, I may have ruined it as I started dating a guy that asked me out. My boyfriend didn't like that we texted a lot, and that he called me a lot so me and the INTP didn't talk as much as we once had. Though now that we are back on campus we still hang out a lot, but sometimes he would say stuff like "How would your boyfriend feel if he knew you were hanging with me?" Also every time my boyfriend would come up in conversation the INTP would be quick to bash him with everything he'd done wrong to me, but again I could be mistaking that for the actions of a good friend. Recently I broke up with the guy and my feelings for the INTP are still there but now he's messing(NOT DATING) with some girl his friend blindly set him up with. :frustrating: I've been wanting to confess but I think it might be selfish as he just started messing with this girl, and I might just make everything awkward and lose one of my best friends. Should I confess my feelings or just leave everything alone and just accept we might just be friends?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Unless you adopt a petty manner or seem to try manipulate him in some way, I doubt you'll be able to push him away even if he doesn't have romantic feelings for you... assuming you are close friends, of course.

It's hard to tell whether he's got feelings for you or not just by reading the OP, but I think you should at least make baby steps toward him and "feel the ground" so to speak. Perhaps to begin with inquire what sort of deal he's got with the other girl. If I were him, I'd suspect your intentions right away, but that's part of the game. Just don't make hints just to make hints - be natural about it or you'll just confuse ihm.

Ever seen those cat vs. cucumber vids? Because we're like that. Don't be a sneaky cucumber. Let him get used to the thought that you may like him; it will make him feel more in control, which is very important if you want good chances succeeding in any way with him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts