Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what ENFP stereotypes you have heard of. This is in no way an attack on ENFP's. This thread just gives awareness to the stereotypes of the ENFP personality.

Here is my list of ENFP stereotypes..

1.) Manipulators
2.) Suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder
3.) Players
4.) Obnoxious
5.) Constant Mood Swings
6.) Narcissistic
7.) Can't take criticisms
8.) Can't stand being disliked or hated
9.) Cheaters
10.) Attention whore

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Oh definitely 5 in a very capricious way! But on a period of months.. I think that makes it bipolar.

Reactions: HappyThoughts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't take criticism

Well hello, Lance, I am new to this forum. At first when I read your post it felt like a hit in the gut. But I guess it's because I am sensitive to criticism. Kind of a joke on us ENFPs right? I suppose an ISTJ could view me as being lazy and hard to get along with sometimes. I'm passionate about subjects and do get side-tracked. However, ISTJs sure do like me to do their complex research projects for them, or create a whole new program from scratch (provided I have very little wiggle room to turn it into a full blown art project).

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well hello, Lance, I am new to this forum. At first when I read your post it felt like a hit in the gut. But I guess it's because I am sensitive to criticism. Kind of a joke on us ENFPs right? I suppose an ISTJ could view me as being lazy and hard to get along with sometimes. I'm passionate about subjects and do get side-tracked. However, ISTJs sure do like me to do their complex research projects for them, or create a whole new program from scratch (provided I have very little wiggle room to turn it into a full blown art project).
Hi Laurel. Welcome to PersonalityCafe.Thanks for joining us.:proud: Yes ENFPs are very sensitive to criticisms and can ruin a perfectly good day.:mellow:

·
Banned
245 Posts
Can we add over-dramatic, always late, procrastinators, and flakey.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Err stereotype for enfp ...un-stereotypical? :crazy:

Kidding :tongue:

- moody
- fickle
- energetic
- fussy
- childish
- loud
:dry:
I like the 'loud' part. Consider myself 'loud' too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
exceptions

Yeah Lance. I'll go with those. Personally, I don't think ENFPs are cheaters. And I think we can be manipulators, and sometimes do, but I think most ENFPs try not to manipulate for personal gain on average. I would think that both cheating and manipulating goes against the ENFP value system. Maybe I just live in an idealistic world!! lol (...It's 4am--I will bring out all the corny NF jokes I want------ SO, BACK OFF)....................................................I agree with moody :sad:

Charlie, not EVERY ENFP is late. You know I think you're cool and all--but that's your problem :crazy:

·
Banned
245 Posts
Yeah Lance. I'll go with those. Personally, I don't think ENFPs are cheaters. And I think we can be manipulators, and sometimes do, but I think most ENFPs try not to manipulate for personal gain on average. I would think that both cheating and manipulating goes against the ENFP value system. Maybe I just live in an idealistic world!! lol (...It's 4am--I will bring out all the corny NF jokes I want------ SO, BACK OFF)....................................................I agree with moody :sad:

Charlie, not EVERY ENFP is late. You know I think you're cool and all--but that's your problem :crazy:
yeah, thanks for the shout out:crazy:

lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone changed any of these weaknesses?

Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum. I have been known to ruin a few perfectly good mornings by taking destructive criticsm personallly instead of considering the source. I don't know about any other ENFPs but I like it when other personality types use humor to tease me out of hypersensitivity and moodiness. I can see where this forum can help ENFPs correct personality weaknesses by admission and confrontation. I like not feeling so all alone with these kinds of personality flaws. How have the rest of the ENFPs in this forum (those who recognize that they have these issues) fare in not taking it so personally when somebody arrogantly points out your flaws, negatively labels you, and puts you down in front of your peers?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
How have the rest of the ENFPs in this forum (those who recognize that they have these issues) fare in not taking it so personally when somebody arrogantly points out your flaws, negatively labels you, and puts you down in front of your peers?
If someone does that with bad intentions, I don't think it's an issue of the recipient being overly sensitive...it's the one spitting out those remarks that's lacking tact and an overall concern for others' feelings. Destructive criticism is an attack and there is nothing wrong with defending yourself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If someone does that with bad intentions, I don't think it's an issue of the recipient being overly sensitive...it's the one spitting out those remarks that's lacking tact and an overall concern for others' feelings. Destructive criticism is an attack and there is nothing wrong with defending yourself.
Well said! I do feel however that it is difficult to discern ones intention, so I try to give each situation (and each person) the benefit of the doubt. If after it has been cleared up and their intention still seems negatively charged, then I will respond negatively in kind.

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts