Personality Cafe banner

1101 - 1120 of 1160 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
<.< they say NFPs are idealists... I don't know about that. Ive been more comfortable with being a realist.
Idealism, especially when it's feelings based, when ppl are looking through rose colored glasses...kinda pisses me off.

Only fools have hope imo. Hope is like a rope tied around one's neck. It inevitably strangles you when reality fails to meet expectations.

·
Registered
428 Posts
How about the ENFP's being bubbly all the time crap. Like seriously. Stop
Yeah, this has got to stop. For me there are moments when I just shut up either because somebody doesn't understand me and vice versa.

Reactions: stilldaydreaming

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I talk a lot, but I don't always talk. When I am quiet people ask me if I'm mad at something or sad. My resting bitch face doesn't help either. But I'm not mad just because I stopped talking!! I'm not always hyper! Where's the problem? :crazy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
There's the stereotype that we get bored in relationships or jump/sleep around. I just want to be with my person and cuddle forever :kitteh:
I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. I do more of the INFP-thing of idealizing.
And kissing! I haven't been kissed in 2 years! *sigh*

·
Registered
428 Posts
I pretty bubbly all the time... I mean, somebody has to be the optimist, right?
I try to make friends think positive if they're being discouraged of something. Usually it leads to them being more positive and it helps me be more positive (I go from optimist to pessimist to optimist and so on... really quick). But I still can't understand how some people seem so hyperpositive all the time and I find it just slightly annoying. And I have been called both overly optimistic and overly pessimistic at the same time..

Reactions: Harper Brooks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just curious, are ENFP females generally or commonly into stuff like really New Age 'mystical' stuff? Cosmic energy, Astrology, "light work "(so-called) blah blah blah? I dont think I know any; my only ENFP handle is on Russell Brand. (I like him fwiw). thanks
Yeah id say I'm spiritual, I'm into the powers of crystals, tarots, just basically pagan belief with being with nature and believing in ghosts to simplify :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
THE ENFP Stereotype
The happy-go-lucky doofus, attention-deficit, eternally optimistic, airy fairy Manic Pixie Dream Girl (or Boy)
:frustrating:
Ne-Fi does not equal no dark side. I am the most hopeful of idealists and the most hardened of cynics at the same time. And I am capable of focus, sitting still, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ENFP STEREOTYPES:

1)airhead
2)slut
3)hippies
4)democrats
5)crazies
6)druggies
7)incapable of holding a serious conversation
Incapable of holding a serious conversation? Seriously?:dry:

Another stereotype: Incapable of holding our own in witty banter with the ENTP.
Wrong:wink:
And we're basically just wierder ESFPs.:shocked:
No no no. Not so.
Oh and a really annoying one: ENFPs are made of Constant Energy!
We get tired. I wish I had constant energy, but I have health issues currently and much of my life so I don't.:sad:

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I found this in an article on Thought Catalog...I thought it was pretty spot on.

ENFP

Stereotype: ENFPs are hyperactive social butterflies who never stop spewing off about their feelings.

Reality: ENFPs have intuition and thinking as their extroverted functions, meaning they’re much more comfortable posing questions and debating ideas than they are talking about their feelings. They are also highly reflective and need more alone time than any other extrovert – many ENFPs actually initially assume themselves to be introverts!

How Each Myers-Briggs Type Contradicts Their Own Stereotype | Thought Catalog

·
Registered
345 Posts
That we are stupid. This is a way too common assumption about ENFPs. For some reason if you're a happy/optimistic person, people assume you're dumb. It doesn't help that ENFPs think in a different way than other people (because of our Ne) and we often have a hard time conveying our thoughts. Further solidifying the problem is our lack of organization and follow-through.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How about the ENFP's being bubbly all the time crap. Like seriously. Stop
I'm pretty damn bubbly, at least when I'm comfortable with my surroundings and the people I'm around. I feel like even though it doesn't describe every ENFP ever, it's one of the few stereotypes I've seen in this thread that hold any real merit. We ENFPs love life and we often get excited about it, producing a "bubbly" personality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My instagram account is "rugbysandman"

If I am in a cooler climate, I am very well-dressed as an entrepreneur. Somewhere hotter or on vacation, I look like Im insane.

1101 - 1120 of 1160 Posts