Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we more likely to write, even if it's a diary. Do we have this need to put pen to paper to express our ideas? Or is this just me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, at least for me. I keep my journal with me, and that's the only place I could spill out all of my anger and sadness without being ashamed of. But it's funny because when I was 14, I dreamed of becoming a famous author, and now at the age of 21, I'm enthusiastic with journal haha

·
Registered
601 Posts
Maaybe since we like to communicate our feelings so much. Plus you get to explore some deep Fi thoughts when you shot down from the social mode.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Absolutely. There's always so many thoughts bouncing around my brain that if I couldn't write and manifest them physically I wouldn't be able to sleep or focus on anything. Writing has always been a comforting source of peace for me, and something that I'm naturally good at.

I'm a creative writing minor (would have double-majored but they don't offer a major at my school) and the classes really don't seem like work, because I enjoy them so much. I've been trying to write a novel since I was 14 but, in typical ENFP fashion, I'll start it, then get bored with the idea.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm very into writing.

I've dreamed of being an authur since I was about six years old. I just have this great love of stories. I keep Journals too, but pretty sporadiclly. I collect really pretty ones, and they are full of all my hopes, dreams fears, projects, art work and, shoping lists.

I have a degree in English and Ceative Wrting, and I still want to do it proffesionally one day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am a writing freak! Privately, haha. Definitely agree about it being a place to get out Fi. I love to journal for the emotional vent, but more lately I've been doing it just to remember stuff. I tend to forget specific events really quickly, so I like being able to look back and be like "Ohhh yeah I DID climb that mountain."

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Definitely! I love writing poetry! It's one of the best ways I can express myself. I keep a journal and am attempting to write a novel too. I find poetry easier to write though, because it keeps my attention span! I tend to write my novel in fitful bursts!! My journal though is a must! I dunno if this is just me, or an ENFP thing, but I need to write my journal first before I try to talk about my own issues with my closest friends. I guess if I didn't write, my head would explode with the amount of ideas and funky random thoughts that pop into my head!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love to write, and I've always been talented at it (what am I not talented at though? maybe modesty) however, I'm so easily distracted it makes it difficult for me to finish anything. Ironically this makes my absolute best stories (and the only ones I've ever actually completed) ones that I wrote as projects in class. :tongue: Because of this I have a veritable library of unfinished stories, averaging about three pages... maybe four or five pages long.

However, I think even though we are ENFPs it really comes down to what sense you most identify with. I guess writing is a sense? I dunno it makes sense in my head! Basically like I'm really visual, so I love to write, but while I don't mind the act of writing the visual gets so boring that I find myself moving on to do something that looks more interesting. I had a friend who was an ENFP and who was inclined more towards listening, and sound, music. So she could write for longer than me because all it took was having good music on... though if it had words she just couldn't write, then again I'm that way too...

·
Registered
356 Posts
No, i love to write...although having said that, im a perfectionist too...so what i write is never up to my standard so now i don't bother :tongue:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe advertising would be a good career option then? They're just 1 minute storys. :)
Just mulling over my career choices, maybe I could be a writer, but all I could do would be poetry, simply because I get bored so easily. There's a useful thing I heard on the radio- the best childrens stories were written with a real child in mind as the lead character. Who ever you base your character on has to come from your imagination as much as real life.:happy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts