Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! I'm a 21 year-old ENFP female currently in the midst of a "quarter-life crisis" (college, career direction, family issues- it all seems to unravel at once!). I was referred here by my INFP boyfriend who first introduced me to the MBTI and its infinite wisdom when we first began dating about a year ago. He doesn't have an account of his own, but his INFP-related google searches often result in him browsing PersonalityCafe to see what others have said on any given topic. I've become especially interested in learning how to develop my introverted feeling function to remedy my total inability to concentrate or follow through on plans or projects.

My ENFP-ness has always been pronounced. As a child and young teen, if I got an idea about a new project into my head I could not rest until my parents took me to the store to get every tool or gadget associated with that hobby. It had to be done right away, and it was very all-or-nothing. I'd usually pursue that interest for a few weeks at most and then lose interest, sometimes cycling back to it several months later. My parents usually obliged (material bribes were used in place of discipline), and this resulted in my overstuffed craft supply closet/whim graveyard. In hindsight, I see that I much preferred the idea of "being" a photographer/fashion designer/jewelry maker/painter/scrapbooker/knitter/film maker/etc to the actual "doing" that makes one successful at any given craft, and I always became frustrated when I would innevitably realize that I wasn't a "natural".

Granted, all of this was in the context of a very tumultuous childhood surrounded by the mental illness and addictions of those I loved. Now I have matured enough to take responsibility for acting spoiled, rebellious, and angst ridden for the better part of my teenage years, and I no longer wish to play the helpless victim to "difficult childhood fetal-position-paralysis".

In addition to developing my IF function, I hope to increase my knowledge and understanding of other MBTI types through this forum. :happy:

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Hello and Welcome! Im an ENFP as well, though you can find me on the ENTJ forum most of the time.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
if I got an idea about a new project into my head I could not rest until my parents took me to the store to get every tool or gadget associated with that hobby. It had to be done right away, and it was very all-or-nothing. I'd usually pursue that interest for a few weeks at most and then lose interest, sometimes cycling back to it several months later. My parents usually obliged (material bribes were used in place of discipline), and this resulted in my overstuffed craft supply closet/whim graveyard. In hindsight, I see that I much preferred the idea of "being" a photographer/fashion designer/jewelry maker/painter/scrapbooker/knitter/film maker/etc to the actual "doing" that makes one successful at any given craft, and I always became frustrated when I would innevitably realize that I wasn't a "natural".
Haha, this sounds like me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
ENFP indeed!

Also like me! I am *famous* for trying something once, not doing it well, and dropping it like a hot potato. ;-)

All sounds very ENFP to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts