Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancée is an ENFP and I am an ISTJ.
It seems like it's totally opposite, but we have groomed a lot. Many conflicts I have resolved at my end and resolved my rigid nature.

What things should we both take care to long last our relationship, any suggestions are welcome.
And any other things anyone wants to tell about us, I am much interested to explore him and myself.

:happy:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wish I had meaningful input - my brothers an ISTJ and we have polar views of the world entirely, so there isn't much of anything to bond on. We come together a whole NOWHERE. A best friend of mine for many years is an ISTJ - he went off and got married and had a family, but hey! Before then, he was totally accepting of my coming/going nature, I learned to show my appreciation for him as much as I could, and he never caged me - unfortunately, I'm not sure how this translates to a relationship. An ISTJ feels like it might be ideal in many ways, a safe rock. Etc. I don't know that anyone could give you any solid advice, outside of knowing the two of you. So long as you are aware of the other, and communicate, then I am sure things will last.

If you are, try not to be so nervous - as stupid as it is for an ENFP to usher this advice, I'd suggest refraining from projecting. The future has yet to happen - and anything, anything could happen. Scary place, it!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Oh dear. I can see how this would work, and see how it would not work. I don't know of anyone in a romantic relationship ... but my husband and his brother is ISTJ/ENFP (brother's wife I think is an ISFJ) ... and my sons are ISTJ/ENFP. What I see most often as the source of irritation among the ISTJ is the inability of the ENFP to follow through on so many things. They don't care to check mark things off their list and make sure they are done. They will leave it open and finish it when they finish it. Also another huge difference is levels of cleanliness ... I seriously would make sure you are compatible in this area. I think the way the ISTJ/ENFP is alike is in their sense of humor and playfulness. An ISTJ may come off as a little cold in their affection, but as long as the ENFP understands how to "play" with you ... it is much the same as flirting ... all through the years that you are together. It serves as a link to your emotional connection. Regardless of MBTI, any two types can work in a relationship as long as they understand where they need to be flexible with their partner (for the BOTH of you, not just you.)

Good luck with this one, you are in for one seriously big adventure, but it also provides a lot of opportunity for you to grow as an individual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.