Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you know, what are the other types in your immediate family and maybe describe the interactions that creates...If you can do so in such short a space.

Note: All my immediate family are tested so this isn't my gut.

Dad-ENTJ
Mom-ESFJ
Sister-ESFJ
Brother-ESTP
Brother-In-Law-ISTJ
Stepmom-ESFP

I definately clash with my dad the most. There isn't even respect to be honest, he sees me as wierd for not following his thoughts and wishes for me strictly and being independant is seen as disrespectful and dishonourable since, even in his own words, he knows what's best for us all.

I clash with my brother too. He's an ESTP in the purest form: club promoter, orgies, trash-the-house parties, studies seduction methods (and is starting a business to teach seduction)...

Basically, he manipulates his image and manipulates those weak enough to accept it. I see it as very inauthentic, he sees me as an idiot for not "airbrushing" my image. Clash of core values. We're also so close in age (16 months) that in our mid-twenties he's like a twin gone wrong.

I get along really well with my stepmom, sister, mom, and brother-in-law. 3 of those 4 are SJs and when we agree on rules, live is beautiful. When we don't...We're both stubborn. My stepmom is caring, generous, but random in mood and mind so we've clashed a couple times.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Wow, your brother sounds... intense. Really, out of my family, I can only type my parents:
Mom - INTJ (and tested as such)
Dad - ESTJ (no doubt in my mind)

I get along with both pretty well, especially since my old-man retired and mellowed out a bit. My mom's great though since she speaks the same language (you know: intuitive).

The rest of my family I only see once every few years. I've got a half-sister who's xSFJ, and her daughter, my niece, who, so far, seems pretty strong into the Fe. On my dad's side I've got (to my best estimation) an ESTJ uncle, an ExFP uncle, and a xxTP aunt. On my mom's side, we're looking at my IxxP grandfather, an INFP uncle and an INTx uncle. Then that leaves my high-school age cousins, of whom two are extroverted and two are introverted. My extended family after that is even more of a question mark.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dad - ENTJ
Mom - ESFP
Older Brother - INFJ
Younger Sister - INTP

I get along quite well with my family, although my Mom and I tend to bicker about things occasionally. My reasoning is that at times, she talks really loud, and to me, it sounds like she is yelling at me (when she is saying something in an authoritative manner, but I am sure she really just means it in good will and concern) and I tend to lash back a little. Nothing serious, just a little bit of impatient tone, or a little defensive, but it's rarely ever past that. I love her very much though, and she is one of the most generous people I've known; she's just packaged a little differently. (Before she tested, I was pretty sure she'd get ESTJ as a result) As for my Dad, he is occasionally irritable and impatient, but that's usually just when he's tired, sick, or has had a really bad day. My brother and sister, we had our occasional little squabbles (not fights, we've always been pretty close) when we were really young. I get along great with them now, and pretty much never argue with them. Brother is out of the house and my Sister and I are very close :) We're each other's sounding board for ideas.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Dad - ENFJ
Mom - ISTJ
Cousin (like my brother) - ISTP
Sister - ExxP

The first three took the test. Everyone in this part of my immediate family get along well. We don't ever seem to argue. Well...with the exception of my sister. Right now, she goes between arguing and hating our parents to going back to being on good terms with them. No idea what's going on with her...I wish I could figure out her type. Oh, and my dad and cousin don't get each other at all! Haha. They clashed a little for a while...but they're both trying to be patient now.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Dad - ISTJ (textbook)
Mom - ISFJ (strongly suspect)

No other siblings :frustrating:

I get along with both my parents (now that I don't live with them!) but my dad and I always really got each other super well. I guess it's because we have all the same functions, even if they're in reverse order?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dad: ESFJ
Mom: ISFJ
Sister: ESTP (love that sassy bitch)
Brother: ISTJ (We've definitely had our fights before, but we typically get along very well contrary to popular belief).

My parents are both SJs, so it was kind of hard for me once I hit adolescence. I was forced to develop my thinking side in order to appeal to them. Sometimes I feel like an ENTP, but I think back to what I was like when I was younger and I realize that it was just how I was raised.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dad - ENFJ
Mom - ISTJ
Cousin (like my brother) - ISTP
Sister - ExxP

Everyone in this part of my immediate family get along well. We don't ever seem to argue.
Trade dad's? Haha. ENFJ, lucky.

But seriously, do you ever conflict with your mom? I have troubles following the rules in the world I feel are wrong or oppressive to people. ISTJs are the 'trustee" the guardians of the establishment. I would definately clash with an ISTJ parent.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Trade dad's? Haha. ENFJ, lucky.

But seriously, do you ever conflict with your mom? I have troubles following the rules in the world I feel are wrong or oppressive to people. ISTJs are the 'trustee" the guardians of the establishment. I would definately clash with an ISTJ parent.
Haha. No thanks! I'm well aware that my dad is the best dad in the world. :tongue:

My mom and I had a lot of conflict when I was a kid and all the way through my teen years. Mainly because we just didn't get each other. We were lucky because there was a lot of love on both sides and we both tried very hard to understand each other. If not for that, we might still be fighting. She does so well with rules and routines...eventually, she realized that I was just not built the same way as she was and she couldn't keep expecting me to morph into being just like her one day.
At the same time, I eventually learned to appreciate the value of her strengths. We're actually very good friends these days. :proud:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Your brother sounds intense. Manipulative? There's nothing worse than a manipulator.

Mother: ENFP or ENFJ
Father: ISTP
Brother: ESTP or ESTJ

I get along wit my mother the most...though she's prudish at times. It can get quite annoying. She thinks I'm trying to break her heart by getting piercings. FYI, I have one piercing.

Dad? Don't get me started. I despise him. He is neglectful, unaware of what is right and wrong and his selfishness knows no boundaries. He is a liar... but saying that, he has always encouraged me to become an artist.

My brother thinks I'm very strange. He doesn't appreciate my weirdness and has often told me to calm down. He wants me to be more normal... but despite that, my cares deeply for me and my wellbeing. I just wished he wouldn't be so... uptight about my eccentricities. It can be bothersome.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
INTP Dad
ESFJ Mom
ENTP Bro # 1
ENTP Bro # 2
ESFP Sis

I can't really say I clash with anyone. I was the youngest so I carry a lot of physical abuse living with two older brothers. But it's all fun and games unless you lose an eye. Me and my sister are extremely close knit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Father- INTJ
Mother- ESTJ
Sister- ESFJ
Brother- ENTJ/P

Its awful
:sad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dad: xNTJ
Mum: ISTJ
Brother: ESxP

My mum and I get along okay, but she plans everything, and works all the time. Never relaxing or laughing. She worked a lot when I was younger, so I spend more time with my dad. My mom always control things, and need Things to be done her way, which I have a lot of trouble doing....
I simply can't stand my dad. We DO NOT get along. he expects too much of me! and he won't listen to what I have to say! He raised me a bit like a boy, which I'm thankful for! I like not being all girly and stuff, but just taking the bull by the horns, staring it in the eyes, then kicking it in the balls and throw it over my shoulder. *yeah*... but He also made me like .... superhuman, like... i now have tons of skills, which i never use, except cooking, thank god he force me to learn how to cook! ... I have learnt a lot, but never really enjoyed it.
My brother is just annoying. But he's also 13, so I guess he'll become more of a friend later...

My bestie is ESFP, and she's a bit like a sister for me. We get along pretty well, but we need time apart from time to time. I spend a lot of my time at her place when I was younger, so her family became my family...
Her brother is INFP, and we get along very well... :D I like him a lot....
Her mum is ESTJ, and I like her, but i wouldn't be able to live in her house and by her rules! oh GOD no! :tongue: i guess we get along because I DON'T live in her house.
Her dad is ENFJ, and he's just plain awesome...

:frustrating: god, I'm happy I don't live at home right now...

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My Mother is ESTJ, my sister is INTJ, I have no idea what my father is as he'll never do the test. Like all old fashioned doctors, my Dad thinks psychoanalytical psychology is all chicanery. Therefore anyone's guess is as good as mine. I can keep both my mother and sister sweet, but I can't say that we see eye-to-eye on a particularly regular basis. Rather there's always some unspoken tension between the two of them and I. It doesn't help that the 2 hate each other pretty much, and thus I often get caught in the middle. Since I don't much like conflict as it is... this situation can really drive me up the wall. I tend to just switch my phone off and hang out with friends at such times :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts