Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! :) So, get this, okay? I'm usually very happy, cheerful, adaptable, talkative, and willing to listen to wide on theories that other people come up with. But...Jesus, I don't know what's wrong with me lately! One of my recent ex friends (ISTP) who doesn't care about anyone else's feelings and talks about herself 24/7 (may I add repeats things!) tells me things that are SO stupid according to me but to being considerate, I listen to her and then share my piece of what I think nicely. But when I tell her things she's quick to point out the bad, she's continues to say that I'm wrong even I though I say it's MY opinion. UGH! I even had an outburst at her. She always says mean things behind people's back but then has dead eyes when you try to talk to her or she just ignores you and goes on her phone.

That beyond pisses me off.

Then a friend of mine (ESFJ) always seems to get into arguments with me. Like...she'll hurt my feelings and I'll respond by hinting that that hurt and I wish she would apologize or at least say she didn't mean it the way I might of assumed it to be. But instead just acts like its no big deal, and when I get sad like that, I usually turn really blunt and cold and even jump to shutting that person out and acting like their not there. I'm stubborn like that, and they act like I'll apologize first even though I know damn well it wasn't my fault. But anyway, she acts like she doesn't even know what I'm talking about.

Ugh, just a lot of my friends I've been realizing are inconsiderate, very critical, and too quick to judge. The only friend I've been hanging out with a LOT lately is an INFP and even though she's so nice, understanding, patient, and likes hanging out with me because she knows I listen to her, that I probably ware her out because I'm so obnoxiously loud at times. (My Mom is also an ENFP so I'm used to having a booming voice and talking about passionate subjects)

And now, its I think due to the fact all my friends aren't that amazing to me anymore, I'm starting to lean back and be by myself a bit more. I'm wondering if it's due to the lack of time I'm spending with people and feeling dejected that I'm becoming more and more annoyed easily.

Like my Mom since she is loud like me, tries to do fun things with me that I might not want to do, I'm more straight-foward that I don't want to do it and I just want to be by myself.

I feel really bad afterwards because it's not her fault and I tell her these things but I'm still by myself and bored. Just, everyone that are my friends I've noticed are either Sensors that I don't get along with or strong Thinkers. Oh well...

Am I just becoming a jerk or am I bored beyond relief?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just some thoughts...

It sounds like you are growing as a person and becoming more healthy. When you become more healthy, it is easier to see people who are unhealthy. You noticing that a lot of your friends are inconsiderate is a prime example of this.

I really think that your inconsiderate friends are throwing you off balance. Us ENFP's crave balance and harmony and when we are out of balance, we often act irrational and moody.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
i can relate.

i've cut every single toxic friend out of my life ever since i've been mature enough to know the difference. it can be hard at first if they're close, but i'm strong enough to push through it, and when things work out for the better it makes you stronger still. still, when you're in the midst of it, it is hard, especially when you feel like you've run out of options a bit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree completely man. So many of my friends are such fucking cunts (In the nicest way possible... :/). Infact all of them are. They either have all these stupid morals that are really stupid, are really really immature people who laugh at the most stupidest jokes, most demanding ******* who think they are always right, drug addicts who refuse to believe they are drug addifcts, shittalkers who say bad stuff behind peoples backs. I'm sick of it all. I've had outbursts at a lot of my friends. They all used to say stuff like I'm becoming mentally ill, I'm a spastic who rages too much and just heaps of petty insults. I honestly sometimes feel like I'm the only normal person on this whole planet. I'm not even being over dramatic either, everyone around me is really unhealthy or are just inconsiderate douchebags. I also hate to death when people try to force you advice like they know everything, when they know less then you at the subject they are giving you advice to, and then when you tell them to shut up they'll respond with 'Fine, don't improve'.

Sorry for ranting, had to get all this out. lol I know what you mean completely though OP

·
Registered
208 Posts
You have every right to act the way you did. Sometime people are just ass-dicks...is that a word? lol. But really, you just gotta filter out all of the bad people in your life. I think I finally finished doing that myself and yeah it is hard and you feel lonely but it is for the best. I would rather be with a few friends who treat me well than have many friends who I don't feel comfortable with. The question that you have to ask yourself is "will I benefit with them not in my life anymore?"

Sorry you are going through that :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts