Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've traditionally been most interested in finding ENTP women, but considering they're almost as rare as us INFJ guys, I suppose I shouldn't be quite so picky :) What do the gorgeous ENFP women here have to say about INFJ guys? Experiences? Recommendations for us INFJs?

I think what I find most attractive is how alive and happy-go-lucky a psychologically sound ENFP can be. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My good friend is an infj. I once thought about dating him but I'm over it. I know I could never date him. His standards and demands are too high for me. I realize we are better as friends. But I'm not against dating other infjs. I'm not against dating any types, even though I have a hard time relating to SP and SJ types.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My good friend is an infj. I once thought about dating him but I'm over it. I know I could never date him. His standards and demands are too high for me. I realize we are better as friends. But I'm not against dating other infjs. I'm not against dating any types, even though I have a hard time relating to SP and SJ types.
I guess it's the J in me, but I find that there aren't many personality types that I feel make a good match for me. ENFP and ENTP are the closest I've found, though I could probably be happy with an INTP or INFP if they were emotionally developed enough to not fall into a brooding cycle. I do have high standards, but I'm typically not that judgmental with the person I'm dating. Usually if it gets to dating, they've already passed most of my judgments :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I srsly think infj is my perfect match.
Is this statement based on past experience?

I took the "Best MBTI Type for You" test on OkCupid once, and it said the personality type I'm looking for is ENFP. I've only ever dated one ENFP, and she had a lot of depression issues, but she was still the best personality type I've ever met. She really brought out the best in me, even with all her problems!

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
INFJ men are the bane of my existence. Sorry. I'll be your friend and all. You guys are quite loyal. But as for romantic potential-I always had my doubts, then went back to try it again and ended up reconfirming my doubts.

I'm so glad people irl don't go around displaying their 4 letters. It allows me to be more approachable to all types. But it just really seems to be a pattern with me and INFJ men. We just need to remain in friend mode is what I think.

Reactions: cbelle

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
INFJ men are the bane of my existence. Sorry. I'll be your friend and all. You guys are quite loyal. But as for romantic potential-I always had my doubts, then went back to try it again and ended up reconfirming my doubts.

I'm so glad people irl don't go around displaying their 4 letters. It allows me to be more approachable to all types. But it just really seems to be a pattern with me and INFJ men. We just need to remain in friend mode is what I think.
I'm sorry to hear that; how did you come to this conclusion? Obviously, not every type has static preferences :)

And I do feel I should apologize on behalf of a lot of the INFJ men out there. My ENTP best friend tells me that while she feels that an INFJ is her best match, it's VERY hard for her to find one who isn't loaded down with suicidal self-esteem issues. Apparently I'm the most grounded INFJ she knows (I take that as an immense compliment).

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Supposed to be a good match -- though you might want to keep in mind this little biddy:

"INFP's paired with other NF's have the greatest success rate of all other type combinations" hehe. :)

Anyway...yes, very important to find any NF with a good self - esteem and not a depressing ass person. Though I have to say, the ENFP's I know IRL are the BEST and the MOST fun of all people I've ever met. They made a day of movies and pizza better than swimming in a Mexican ocean.

I'd personally rather be somewhere "boring" with an ENFP than be somewhere great with another type simply because of the connection INFP's have with ENFP's and maybe as an INFJ you will have this connection also?
In short: a "healthy" ENFP is an absolute treasure.
Now, go hunt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supposed to be a good match -- though you might want to keep in mind this little biddy:

"INFP's paired with other NF's have the greatest success rate of all other type combinations" hehe. :)

Anyway...yes, very important to find any NF with a good self - esteem and not a depressing ass person. Though I have to say, the ENFP's I know IRL are the BEST and the MOST fun of all people I've ever met. They made a day of movies and pizza better than swimming in a Mexican ocean.

I'd personally rather be somewhere "boring" with an ENFP than be somewhere great with another type simply because of the connection INFP's have with ENFP's and maybe as an INFJ you will have this connection also?
In short: a "healthy" ENFP is an absolute treasure.
Now, go hunt.
I agree wholeheartedly! ENFPs are all sorts of fun; heck, they could probably make a dentist appointment enjoyable.

I'm just terrible at finding them. They seem to be the super social party types, and I tend to be the person throwing the party, except only for a select few of my friends who I already know and trust. Damn these introverted tendencies...

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that; how did you come to this conclusion? Obviously, not every type has static preferences :)

And I do feel I should apologize on behalf of a lot of the INFJ men out there. My ENTP best friend tells me that while she feels that an INFJ is her best match, it's VERY hard for her to find one who isn't loaded down with suicidal self-esteem issues. Apparently I'm the most grounded INFJ she knows (I take that as an immense compliment).
yeah, you guys can be pretty emo. Lol.

No, I don't think it's that they are unhealthy or anything. I just see that we have issues TOGETHER. Honestly, I have no idea why they drive me insane like they do. I guess because I know more about me and why I tick than they do, and they have a hard time accepting that. If anything, they resign to agree to disagree on that topic, but I don't think they will ever admit that I have more insight to me and the way I function than they do. But in their defense, I know their job ain't easy. I'm like a wild bucking bronco.

I've also noticed that they want to tell me what to do and stuff. That doesn't sit well with me. They often get my Te bitch slap because of this. :tongue: And they worry about squirrels too much. And they can be a real downer. But you know, I'm high maintenance. So no wonder they're down. It's just that I don't like being "down" all that much. It's not comfy for me there.

Oh yeah, but the way they get concerned about me is really quite beautiful and intoxicating. But they can do that as friends, too right?

Now let me ask you something. What's up with INFJ men and their texts? Holy crap. You love it, right? Not voice convo..hell no.... Texting it is! Don't you guys ever drive? It makes it so hard to text you my life back when I'm driving!! Anyway, from what I notice, you sure love to punch your little buttons and then send :laughing:

Oh yeah, so I have had a best INFJ guy friend for about three years. Just yesterday he told me "The thing is you and I think we know what's best for everybody." SEE! Right there. He doesn't seem to want to understand that only I know what's best for everybody? See? It's issues like these and more. :laughing:

Dude, how did you end up in friend zone with your ENTP? She says you're "grounded" and all...

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly! ENFPs are all sorts of fun; heck, they could probably make a dentist appointment enjoyable.

I'm just terrible at finding them. They seem to be the super social party types, and I tend to be the person throwing the party, except only for a select few of my friends who I already know and trust. Damn these introverted tendencies...

O, don't worry. They'll find you :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, you guys can be pretty emo. Lol.

No, I don't think it's that they are unhealthy or anything. I just see that we have issues TOGETHER. Honestly, I have no idea why they drive me insane like they do. I guess because I know about me than they do, and they have a hard time accepting that. If anything, they resign to agree to disagree on that topic, but I don't think they will ever admit that I have more insight to me and the way I function than they do. But in their defense, I know their job ain't easy. I'm like a wild bucking bronco.

I've also noticed that they want to tell me what to do and stuff. That doesn't sit well with me. They often get my Te bitch slap because of this. :tongue: And they worry about squirrels too much. And they can be a real downer. But you know, I'm high maintenance. So no wonder they're down. It's just that I don't like being "down" all that much. It's not comfy for me there.

Oh yeah, but the way they get concerned about me is really quite beautiful and intoxicating. But they can do that as friends, too right?

Now let me ask you something. What's up with INFJ men and their texts? Holy crap. You love it, right? Not voice convo..hell no.... Texting it is! Don't you guys ever drive? It makes it so hard to text you my life back when I'm driving!! Anyway, from what I notice, you sure love to punch your little buttons and then send :laughing:
Ha! Actually, I hate texting while driving. I'll take a phone call (or better yet - in person) conversation any day. And to throw that statement back at you, the last ENFP I dated texted all the bloody time. It's no wonder she was so prone to car accidents. Most distracted driver with or without a phone I've ever seen.

Anyway, sounds to me like you've had some bad INFJ experiences. I used to be overly emotional, but never to the ZOMFGISHEBAWLING?!!! degree.

Seriously, though, nobody should know more about you than YOU. I used to butt in to peoples lives too much and offer unsolicited advice; now I ask, and if people want to screw themselves up, I'm more than happy to let them. What I think a lot of INFJs miss is that sometimes people need to learn lessons for themselves, and that we can't fix everything with our big, sexy empathic brains. Even if we're right all the time ;)

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Tell them to find me faster. I'm getting old.
Actually, seeing as you're a guy I take that back. You might have to go looking.

They like music.
Head out to live Jazz places -- my ENFP friend is a jazz pianist/singer. Not that they all are but my other friend is always on her guitar singing as well but come to think of it, she plays piano too.

So yes, follow the music and meet your ENFP.
Maybe you'll even get luckier and meet an INFP! hahahahaha.:crazy:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Ha! Actually, I hate texting while driving. I'll take a phone call (or better yet - in person) conversation any day. And to throw that statement back at you, the last ENFP I dated texted all the bloody time. It's no wonder she was so prone to car accidents. Most distracted driver with or without a phone I've ever seen.

Anyway, sounds to me like you've had some bad INFJ experiences. I used to be overly emotional, but never to the ZOMFGISHEBAWLING?!!! degree.

Seriously, though, nobody should know more about you than YOU. I used to butt in to peoples lives too much and offer unsolicited advice; now I ask, and if people want to screw themselves up, I'm more than happy to let them. What I think a lot of INFJs miss is that sometimes people need to learn lessons for themselves, and that we can't fix everything with our big, sexy empathic brains. Even if we're right all the time ;)
Argh!! Right there! Again! You DON'T always know what's best for people! It's sounds so arrogant to me when you guys do that. Just because you are so "certain" doesn't mean it's reality! :crying:

But when I'm certain, it does mean reality. That's just how it is. :tongue:

And the reason your ENFP friend was having a hard time with getting in accidents, was because she was texting a freaking INFJ back that was asking her the details about her day! I've hit a pylon or two doing this. :unsure:

Reactions: Venice

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Yes, of course, now lets judge people harshly on how often they text. We're all different. We all have different preferences.

Saying that all INFJs prefer to text is a improper categorization of an entire group of people. In fact, I recall having lengthy conversations that didn't include text messaging.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know an INFJm/ENFPf couple that's been together for two years and they positively adore one another, though the INFJ, a close friend of mine, is very reserved about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, seeing as you're a guy I take that back. You might have to go looking.

They like music.
Head out to live Jazz places -- my ENFP friend is a jazz pianist/singer. Not that they all are but my other friend is always on her guitar singing as well but come to think of it, she plays piano too.

So yes, follow the music and meet your ENFP.
Maybe you'll even get luckier and meet an INFP! hahahahaha.:crazy:
I guess it's a good thing I'm also a musician and enjoy live music, then :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Argh!! Right there! Again! You DON'T always know what's best for people! It's sounds so arrogant to me when you guys do that. Just because you are so "certain" doesn't mean it's reality! :crying:

But when I'm certain, it does mean reality. That's just how it is. :tongue:

And the reason your ENFP friend was having a hard time with getting in accidents, was because she was texting a freaking INFJ back that was asking her the details about her day! I've hit a pylon or two doing this. :unsure:
At what point did I say I was certain? I only stated my opinion; you, with your wild ENFP mind, jumped to a couple rather large conclusions with my statement ;)

Is there a bit of animosity and history we haven't uncovered here? Lay down on my psychologist couch and tell me what's bothering you... :crazy:

1 - 20 of 152 Posts