Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just say to my fellow ENFP's: I LOVE YOU ALL!

I seriously love all the personalities types and find beauty in every single one... but before I even look at a profile, I know the words of an ENFP. You speak straight to my heart you sweet sweet people!

Just thought you should know how amazing you all are!

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
ENFP's are a really great type, the best supporters and people energisers of all. They make people follow their dreams and encourage people to do their best. The ultimate self help gurus, except they do all that helping :3.

Reactions: Sophidophie

·
Registered
433 Posts
*lurks*... Interesting *takes notes*
@Purple Lemon I am curious about how this "honest expression" works.
@Tonios I must have missed it, where is the plan? I would like to skim through it once or twice.

*thumbs up* I like ENFPs :wink:

·
Registered
354 Posts
@Kristindork
Well from what I've noticed, at least the teenagers I know are far too worried about too many things.
"You can't be an actor, you'll starve. you need to have a safe career"
"You can't dress like that, people will judge you!"
"Why do you care so much, it's not like you can change the world"

Extreme cases but still things I've heard.
All I can think is if everyone is so worried about fitting in and playing life safe...
Well then you're not living for your passion, you get artists at desk jobs.
Or people who think their views don't matter because of the system.

Where as... at least with me, I'm completely honest with myself. I show my emotions for people to see. I speak my mind. and more than anything I live for what I believe in (Love and acting) which might not be the same for everyone, but you still need to just be yourself and not what other people want you to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*lurks*... Interesting *takes notes*
@Purple Lemon I am curious about how this "honest expression" works.
@Tonios I must have missed it, where is the plan? I would like to skim through it once or twice.

*thumbs up* I like ENFPs :wink:
I see the honest expression thing as fearlessly being vulnerable. Showing all of yourself without concern of judgement. No hiding, no pretending. Just sincere expression of self and also being a safe place for others to do the same.

·
Registered
433 Posts
According to @Purple Lemon description I almost find some of the expressions to be a bit naive. No offense, it is the childhood ideals I wish I could have kept, it's really hard to hold on to those and I wish that wasn't the case.

At what point should people stop the honest expression?in order to be an actor realistically you probably will starve or live off canned soup or have to know people in the industry.
So, When do we draw the line to say, "I understand this may be out of reach so I will have to settle." Is it really being dishonest with yourself at this point , understanding when you are being set up to fail and to give in to the advices of others?

Can we not live simply for life and just enjoy our passions while always remaining true to who we are? Example being.. I can still act on the side while holding a steady career, I may not be able to pour everything into it but I still enjoy the time that I have.

I suppose that is what makes ENFPs great in my opinion, they always push the envelope in order to get what they want.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i don't like undue compliments, but thanks anyway, i guess being called sweet twice in a row hypnotized me for a second
It's not undue... in my opinion. I sincerely felt like thanking people for being beautiful. For relating to me...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't do anything to deserve that thank you! I hope i'm not sounding like an ISTP now
Are you beautiful? If not, it wasn't for you, if you are, then you did plenty by just being you.

I don't give undeserved compliments, but I do call out beauty when I see it, and so far, there hasn't been one ENFP response that didn't resonate with me here. And, for that... complimented all ENFP's for being the beautiful people they are. Even when we fall short out beauty still remains.

just take the compliment as I meant it dammit! LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
According to @Purple Lemon description I almost find some of the expressions to be a bit naive. No offense, it is the childhood ideals I wish I could have kept, it's really hard to hold on to those and I wish that wasn't the case.

At what point should people stop the honest expression?in order to be an actor realistically you probably will starve or live off canned soup or have to know people in the industry.
So, When do we draw the line to say, "I understand this may be out of reach so I will have to settle." Is it really being dishonest with yourself at this point , understanding when you are being set up to fail and to give in to the advices of others?

Can we not live simply for life and just enjoy our passions while always remaining true to who we are? Example being.. I can still act on the side while holding a steady career, I may not be able to pour everything into it but I still enjoy the time that I have.

I suppose that is what makes ENFPs great in my opinion, they always push the envelope in order to get what they want.
Well yeah, it is childish.
But I don't see anything wrong with that, most children are strong in their ideals and very resourceful.
And don't get me wrong, my problem isn't the fact they're telling me I'll starve.
It's the fact they're telling me to give up.
I know I'll starve, but that's my passion and I'm willing to suffer for it.

A lot of people do their love and passion in their spare time yeah... but not everyone.
And I find that sad.

Alan Watts once said "If money is the most important thing to you, you'll go through life doing things you don't like doing, to earn money, to keep on doing things you don't like doing... which is silly! better to have a short life full of things you love doing than a long one you hate"

I've had a lot of crap happen to me. and I know a lot more is going to happen to me.
In the end... the only thing that keeps me going is my passion, my hope, and my ideals.
And if that's being naive than I don't want to be wise ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts