Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seriously confuses me so much....he isnt romantic to me whatsoever. He kisses me only a couple times when we are together. He never really is affectionate towards me. He dislikes cuddling with me too. He tells me this is the way he is....I dont know what to do. He still hasnt really told me how he feels about me. He just says that he likes me. We have been dating for 4 months now and its really tearing me up inside because I love him. ENFPs, and INFJs help!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Honestly, that seems bizarre to me. Sounds more like INTJ behavior than INFJ... and if he's actually an INTJ then it probably is just the way he is. If not, it could be a sign of something else going on. It's hard to say.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Honestly, that seems bizarre to me. Sounds more like INTJ behavior than INFJ... and if he's actually an INTJ then it probably is just the way he is. If not, it could be a sign of something else going on. It's hard to say.
I agree. . .I'm an INFJ and I tend to love cuddling/being close to people. . .

are you sure he's an INFJ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
He seriously confuses me so much....he isnt romantic to me whatsoever. He kisses me only a couple times when we are together. He never really is affectionate towards me. He dislikes cuddling with me too. He tells me this is the way he is....I dont know what to do. He still hasnt really told me how he feels about me. He just says that he likes me. We have been dating for 4 months now and its really tearing me up inside because I love him. ENFPs, and INFJs help!
Definitely sounds like INTJ to me...you've been dating for 4 months? Were you friends before this or did you just meet and then date?

If you've known him for only 4 months or so, then you need to be a lot more patient. I'm confused on how you can "love" somebody after 4 months. Love is not an emotion to just throw around, in the INTJ viewpoint. We will do our best to make sure it's the one and only time we put ourselves out there. 4 months is a ridiculously short time frame.

He obviously cares about you a lot if he is keeping you in his life. Unless he is using you for something, which is not very INTJ like but everyone is different. If you are sure he is not using you, then relax and enjoy your time together and don't try to define the relationship. If you want signs of affection this early, you may not get it.

INTJs (at least me) love to cuddle. It's a great way to show affection without using touchy-feely words. I'm guessing he doesn't love you yet, which I think is normal. It's not so much that he knows that he is not feeling love, it's that he is not sure if what he is feeling is love. INTJs are all about being 100% sure about not only thoughts but feelings as well, and every situation is unique and special. He will not turn on the love switch until he is 100% sure, regardless of how close he is to crossing that line. It's an all or none thing.

My advice is to be patient, and don't necessarily expect to hear the words very soon. Look for other signs and hints of affection, and don't second guess your gut on these signs (which I know is hard for an ENFP to do).

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
He could be an INTJ for all you know... Or, if that's not the case, something may be going on. Maybe he's depressed? Stressed? Maybe an old girlfriend contacted him and he's feeling conflicted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts