Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I constantly catch myself making really awkward metaphors. xD In fact, I was talking to @Ace Face the other day and I made a weird metaphor about a chocolate covered fruit. (Yes, shameful... lmfao)

In fact, I got into honors English 9 somehow and currently our teacher asks us about allusions. I always raise my hand because I'm usually the first to get the figurative language while everyone stares at her like she has 5 heads, and she calls on me all the time because of this.

Actually; I think she's an ENFP knowledgable of MBTI because she always says

"Oh man. Flexibilty is key."
While discussing Pandoras box... "Yes. If she was a very introverted person, she would have thought becore she opened the box."

Anyway, do you guys speak in metaphors and allusions? I do xD

·
Registered
186 Posts
I do! If I think someone doesn't quite understand my convulated, over-detailed explanations of things I always end up explaining them again with an analogy relating to food, or sometimes sex. Ahahaha.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
I use a lot of analogies and metaphors. Such as the United States and it's method of deterring other countries from having nuclear weapons: "The U.S. is like a big kid holding a big stick standing around a bunch of other kids holding sticks but they tell all the other kids that they have to put their sticks down while they get to keep their stick" I hope that made sense.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I used yesterday when I was hanging out with some friends then they gave me a strange look and I. Had to spend the next 5 min explaining my train of thought lol

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Anyway, do you guys speak in metaphors and allusions?
Yeah..and most of the times, people misunderstands that >_<

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue
1 - 6 of 6 Posts