Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know how many other ENFP's currently have their hair something other than their natural color.

I'm a natural brunette with hints of red, but I find that color terribly dull and have often gone through periods where I get bored and just spontaneously color my hair. I've been blonde, jet black, red; and black with hot pink streaks before.

I only ask because it's been about three years since I last dyed my hair, and am feeling the "itch" again. Does this happen to anyone else?...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I always wanted to dye my hair purple, but the closest I got was this maroon that was basically just brown since my mom is a hair stylist and loved my natural hair so she forbid me from bleaching it. I actually thank her for that now, though.

Reactions: voicetrocity

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I never dyed my hair until I was 33 years old, first time ever. Now, I dye it any shade of red but it fades out quickly. So right now I guess it still has some red dye left but its pretty much back to it's original red with a little bit of gray showing. :(

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always wanted to dye my hair purple, but the closest I got was this maroon that was basically just brown since my mom is a hair stylist and loved my natural hair so she forbid me from bleaching it. I actually thank her for that now, though.
Yeah, my mom forbade me from coloring my hair too. :p
I'm kind of past the point of wanting unnatural colors, but i do wish i had gone purple at least once.

Reactions: Finaille

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Yeah, my mom forbade me from coloring my hair too. :p
I'm kind of past the point of wanting unnatural colors, but i do wish i had gone purple at least once.
Right? I realize how ridiculous it would've been now, but the pictures would've made beautiful memories.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I've had all the colours. My hair is blue at the moment, it's in the picture on my personalitycafe profile. In the past six months I've had a bob in red, pink, purple, black and orange. And then I cut it very short and dyed it pink, orange, red, purple, blue and now I'm going into turquoisey green. I keep a log of pictures of all the different colours, it's pretty cool. Hehe.

I definitely feel the itch to dye my hair. I like to be a chameleon.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
@Danse Macabre That is a GREAT color. I've always loved blue that can make you think for a second that it could just be a faded black, but really it's blue because why not? Gorge.

Reactions: Danse Macabre

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right? I realize how ridiculous it would've been now, but the pictures would've made beautiful memories.
Yes! I take pictures of my hair everytime I color it. I love having the memories.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had all the colours. My hair is blue at the moment, it's in the picture on my personalitycafe profile. In the past six months I've had a bob in red, pink, purple, black and orange. And then I cut it very short and dyed it pink, orange, red, purple, blue and now I'm going into turquoisey green. I keep a log of pictures of all the different colours, it's pretty cool. Hehe.

I definitely feel the itch to dye my hair. I like to be a chameleon.
That is a beautiful color! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one who gets the urge to dye their hair. I see my hair as an extension of my personality, so I do like to change styles/colors often (otherwise I feel boring) Also, I feel you should know that I was hypnotized by the song on your profile, aka: loved it! :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
@Danse Macabre That is a GREAT color. I've always loved blue that can make you think for a second that it could just be a faded black, but really it's blue because why not? Gorge.
That is a beautiful color! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one who gets the urge to dye their hair. I see my hair as an extension of my personality, so I do like to change styles/colors often (otherwise I feel boring) Also, I feel you should know that I was hypnotized by the song on your profile, aka: loved it! :)
Thanks guys!! And voicetrocity, I'm so glad you liked the song. I think Daniel Johns (The vocalist) is an absolute musical genius.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get the urge to dye my hair often too.

I used to constantly dye my hair a new shade of red (from firy red, auburn, to maroon), then I cut all of my hair off and grew back my natural color.

I realized how dark and almost black my natural color is and decided to add in some blue highlights. That was my favorite color, but hard to keep up with because the blue was always fading.

Then I lightened it to a weird red color that I hated, so now it's back to almost black with some of the redish highlights at the ends.

I'm think I might try hendigo soon to get it all back to my natural color and then *maybe* do the blue again.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
My hair has been all kinds of colors... Blonde, burgandy, black, caramel-colored, honey-colored, etc. My natural color kinda has a gray-ish tint to it. It's pretty cool actually. I've never seen anyone with my natural color before :) But yes, I get the itch every now and then myself. I know that feeling... lol.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get the urge to dye my hair often too.

I used to constantly dye my hair a new shade of red (from firy red, auburn, to maroon), then I cut all of my hair off and grew back my natural color.

I realized how dark and almost black my natural color is and decided to add in some blue highlights. That was my favorite color, but hard to keep up with because the blue was always fading.

Then I lightened it to a weird red color that I hated, so now it's back to almost black with some of the redish highlights at the ends.

I'm think I might try hendigo soon to get it all back to my natural color and then *maybe* do the blue again.
I had a friend that went fire engine red once, it was amazing! I was quite envious of them. The color my boss actually -hinted- would look good on me is a black blue color; (pssshhhh, like I needed encouragement). I'm resisting for now; because my hair is thick, long and I would need about three bottles of color to do it. I'm pretty sure I might break down when I go shopping later today. :p

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My hair has been all kinds of colors... Blonde, burgandy, black, caramel-colored, honey-colored, etc. My natural color kinda has a gray-ish tint to it. It's pretty cool actually. I've never seen anyone with my natural color before :) But yes, I get the itch every now and then myself. I know that feeling... lol.
Your natural hair color sounds really beautiful! :)
Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets the "itch" and, thus, am not completely crazy.

Reactions: Ace Face

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I fluctuate between red and brown. It was purple once, but that was an accident, and I fixed it up pretty quickly afterwards.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ever since I was a kid this was my dream colour:

I wish I could try all kinda of things but really, would they look good with my hair texture? It sure is good to look at though and I love the people who do these type of things.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My ENFP actress friend seems to change it up often enough. Right now she's got it as a brighter shade of red-orange with a darker auburn swoop in the front, and she's done the platinum blonde thing too. I think her natural colour is more of a light brunette or sandy blonde.

As for me, pft, yeah right. I'm a natural redhead and proud of it!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ever since I was a kid this was my dream colour:

I wish I could try all kinda of things but really, would they look good with my hair texture? It sure is good to look at though and I love the people who do these type of things.

Ahhhhh!!! I love every color you posted! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As for me, pft, yeah right. I'm a natural redhead and proud of it!
As you should be! I've always been quite jealous of natural redheads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts