Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ENFP's have more empathy then other types? Also do they try to avoid conflict at all costs?

I am asking this because I am an ENFP and I have gotten myself into yet another predicament. I recently relocated and am finding an apartment with my long time boyfriend-my brother who is 18 and an ESF(P) or (J) wants to move out of my parents house because my mother is crazy (really insane) and he is very unhappy. I told him we could all look for an apartment and now I am really regretting that. We have been fighting a lot while looking for it- he doesn't have a secure income- and he I realized he is very immature (as any 18 year old is). I empathize with his situation to a point though where I feel it impossible to let him down. It will suck for him to live at home and I guess ultimately I also am concerned with him being mad at me as I hate conflict :( I wish I could just flat out say I don't want to live with you, but I like it when everyone is happy.....

Do other ENFP's have issues like this that happen a lot-or is it just me. :sad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I consider myself to be extremely empathetic, but at the same time, I also have a side that is extremely confrontational. So even though I know that opening my mouth on a tender subject might cause discomfort for the other party/parties involved, the main priority is still to solve the matter at hand before it gets worse. I can't stand it when people are dishonest with me--especially friends--and even though I may understand why they don't want any confrontation, I still think that it's worse to pretend as though everything is fine and dandy. If there is an issue at hand or things are on their way to developing into an issue, I'd rather just flesh things out and then let them heal.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I pick my battles, but if there is something that I'm passionate about or have strong feelings towards I can be extremely stubborn, but if it's not that important, yes I avoid confict at all costs. As for empathy, I would say I am more empathetic than most people on know regarding *most* matters.

As for your situation with your brother, I'd be upfront and tell him how I feel, maybe offer living together as a temporary situation but tell him it's only until he can find other accodations and perhaps give him a time limit in the mean time, that way you're helping him out of the situation but not getting taken advantage of and making yourself completely miserable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts