Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo... Out of curiosity I decided to make this post to find out what kind of music my fellow ENFP's listen to. List your favorite genre and bands, that way we can figure out if we all listen to the same kind of stuff or completely different types of music.

Here are mine-

My favorite genre is alternative.

My all time favorite bands are Death Cab For Cutie, Muse, and Mates of State.

Other favorites include Imogen Heap, Snow Patrol, Keane, and Coldplay.

Tell me your favorites!!

x)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Alternative all day long, followed by punk rock.
Some of my favorite bands are MGMT, The Hives, Radical Face, Broken Bells, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Shins, Motion City soundtrack.
Gotta get my occasional profanity drenched rap fix in from time to time as well. Immortal Technique takes care of that and then some

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Dpends on my mood. I have a lot of soundtracks. I like things ranging from Evanescence to The Script to Sarah McLachlan to Loreena Mckennitt.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,212 Posts
1.) 80's Pop/Some new-wave. But pretty much the male bands, not a fan of the 80's female singers. Browski Beat, Petshop boys, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode...I also include NEW bands (thank God) like White Lies and Cut Copy which are 80's revival.

2.) Drone electronic. Steve Roach, Ulrich Schnauss, anything ultra-ambient with no beat.

3.) Industrial electronic. Extremely dark, moody tones lots of metal clanging on metal and abrasive saw sounds grinding. Like the soundtrack to a horror movie. Hey, I know life's not just sunshine and butterflies even though I'm ENFP lol.

4.) Classic Rock. U2, Tragically Hip, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival.

I know my tastes are far, far different then most here as this thread has come up in the past. :confused:

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Before I was 14 i listened to Michael Jackson, Bon Jowy.....and stuff I'd rather not name, but my faves were old Hungarian rock bands. So Rock.

When I hit 14 I got introduced to Metal...sooo Stratovarious, Metallica, Manowar, Therion, Hammerfall...Gamma Ray, Rotting Christ, Panthera ^^ and so on. At one point this went into death metal and Goth stuff too.

Later on I discovered, jazz and funk, alternative rock bands and in between some pop, rap, hip-hop and so on.

Nowadays it's Rock or whatever I feel like. :crazy: My girlfriend said she'll show me what good music is.

:wink: Here's a taste:

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I love alternative rock...although i can listen to just about anything, my house
is usually rocken to anything alternative.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Muse, One Republic, Temper Trap, Jimmy Eat World (the softer songs), The Goo Goo Dolls, Kent (Swedish band), melancholic trance such as Kaskade and Above and Beyond.
Also discovered Ulrich Schnauss thanks to DJArendee.

Some types of music are hard to listen to even though I love them because they tend to get me down. I try to listen mostly to music that makes me happy and I will admit that I'm a pop fan... Lady Gaga makes me happy! :laughing:

I also love 80s music; Free Fallin' by Tom Petty is one of my favorite songs. Oh I really like Roxette and Ace of Base as well; I listened to them a lot growing up.
I quite enjoy some R&B/pop as well like Chris Brown, Usher and Akon though they quickly get played out on the radio... I'm sure I've forgotten a ton but there are too many to mention.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I listen to a broad range. When I was a teenager, I listened to metalcore a whole lot. I don't listen nearly as much now, but I still listen to it some. Otherwise, it's indie bands, a little techno, and the early emo movement (think Sunny Day Real Estate, not My Chemical Romance). My last.fm is in my siggy.

Oh, and if you didn't catch the reference with my username, this is my favorite band.

Reactions: StandingTiger

·
Banned
2,697 Posts

These are my top 30 listened to artists of 2010, according to Last.fm (check out my profile there if you're interested). It's a mix of mostly indie rock, post-rock, and classic rock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sigur Rós, The Jezabels, Moving Mountains, The Naked & Famous, FOALS, The Holidays, Jónsi, ATB, Mumford & Sons, Pendulum, Fitz & The Tantrums, Strike Anywhere, Anti Flag, Psalters, Bob Marley, The Album Leaf, Parades, Alexisonfire, Sufjan Stevens, Blue King Brown, Motor Ace, Incubus, Ozomatli, The Cat Empire ... I could go on forever!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
back when i was 13-16 id listen to alternative,metalcore,heavy metal, and other crazy stuff... Now i find myself listening to alot of Electronic dance music especially Hardstyle,hardcore,dubstep,trance, ect

Reactions: Sunbeam

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
@Jammies - i adore sufjan. i've seen him live twice and loved him more after each time. also, fun fact...i lived in his old apartment this past summer (not on purpose). his initials are still carved into the floor.

i listen to a lot of indie rock and folk music (both old and new). i also really like rap music, and have been known to learn all the words to top 40 songs. i'm all over the place. my most-played songs though are generally folk or indie rock. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
anyone here azn enough to listen to kpop? haha...i have to say..korean pop is my fave. they are musical geniuses...

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Björk, múm, The Morning Of, Cobra Starship, Frightened Rabbit, Paper Rival, fun., Fiona Apple, Nujabes, Straylight Run, It's a Musical, Brand New, Dirty Projectors, Taking Back Sunday, Bobby Baby, Modest Mouse, The World Ends With You OST, Persona 4 OST, Katamari Damacy OST...

@lovinUsuju I like some K-pop. C: RaNia is the only group I'm really into right now, though. I haven't listened to enough other groups to really get into them. are there any girl groups you like that you could recommend to a K-pop newbie? c:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts