Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your gift-giving style? Also, what kinds of gifts do you like to receive, and how do you tend to react to a gift that you like versus one that you dislike?

I am doing this for all the types...eventually...

Anyway, I have a few thoughts on the ENFP based on functions, but I am interested in feedback from actual ENFPs. Please add your own thoughts along the way, as my description is certainly not meant to be definitive.

The ENFP will shop far and wide, exploring all options for the perfect gift. The gift should not only be right for the recipient, but should also reflect the giver's own feelings for the recipient. Driven to give gifts that will uplift and inspire, the ENFP is a genuine and enthusiastic gift-giver.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I getting gifts that uniquely reflect me. Something that truly comes from the heart and not just through the wallet.

As far as how I give, it really depends on who I am giving the gift to. Some people like impressive things, some like deep meaningful things, etc, I try to match the gift to the recipient. Just because it's not my personal taste doesn't matter, since the gift isn't for me. Though I do try to wrap it or do something stylistic showing that it came from me.:wink:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I like to give. Not big on getting.

Reactions: vocalist

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do pretty much the same thing as linnifae. Gifts should please the receiver, not me.

I dislike getting gifts because I don't know how to respond. I usually get happy and like every gift I get because it shows me that someone cared enough to get me a gift. I really happy but I have trouble thanking people enough. Or at least, I think i don't thank them enough, but people always say I thank way too much!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Sometimes I come up with amazing gift ideas well in advance. Like, when I was living in Argentina, I decided that I would bring back a bottle of wine for my mom. I know nothing about wine (I don't even like the stuff), but I settled on going to a series of wine-tasting events until I found one that I approved of.

Otherwise, if it comes down to the wire, I'm usually good at churning out a heart-felt letter or a silly poem at a moment's notice.

EDIT: Yeah, and like Luka, I sometimes get this weird weight on my shoulders when someone gets me a gift (unless it's food for some reason; then I'm just excited).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts