Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know I JUST POSTED THIS EXACT POST in a thread started here but I was just curious to know if you guys are like this. I had an "Aha!" moment today. I figured something out. I have "layers" kind of like the Earth's crust. Or an onion. Or a couch cushion. Or a flower...

ANYWAY. xD

The outer layer is my warm, bubbly, faker than Snooki's tan side. That is the small talk, the shallow compliments, the "Hey, I like your hair," the fake smile, the actions that are comfortable to me, the "Make everyone laugh!" moments, etc. This is the side that I am the nicest, fakest, and I usually show this to people I don't know well to make myself comfortable in the situation.
Face expression: :tongue:

The next layer is my colder monotoneish side. That is where I basically just develop sarcastic, cold things to say while out of it in a conversation. This is usually when I'm tired, sad, etc. This is where I'm in a terrible mood and I appear to be a whole different type.
Face expression: :dry:

The near-middle is my gut, my weird suspicions of people that ends in telling myself to shut up, my having a connection to a person without even knowing them. IE I can totally read people and I just rant about it, throwing out random thoughts about how they could be, if I like them, what they're thinking, etc... This is the side that I don't show to anyone.
Face expression: :unsure:

Then, you have my true self. This is the side that usually I do show. This is the courage, standing up for injustice, getting things together, making a difference, not caring what others think of me, staying true to myself, etc. This is the view I use when I write stories, poetry, draw, etc. This is where I can paint a picture and think of what meaning it has to me. This is where I think about how I can change the world. This is where I stand up for myself. This is where I go all motivational speaker on people because I just talk and talk and TALK about things I think of. This is the part where I analyze myself to the point of confusing myself. This is the part where I just totally rip everything apart basically.
Face expression: (there's none to describe it)

Hmm....

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Everyone has layers :) The more you get to know someone, the more the layers start peeling off. The process of peeling those layers off is one of the most exciting experiences for me. Every person has different sets of layers. It's kind of like the feeling I get when I open a troll present that's been wrapped several times :p The closer I get to the core, the more excited I get ^.^'

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
mine: 1.Weird, gushy (also horny). People think I'm really weird, but I'm nice to them, so they just leave me alone. :crazy:

2. Apathetic, masculine, cool, protective, and slightly self conscious. When I get closer to someone, I start trying to impress them. Sometimes I will push this part of myself to the outside to make people that I don't know think I'm cooler just at face value :ninja:

3. kind, affectionate, warm. With the people I am closest to, I get kinda gushy with them again, but people are more receptive to that when they know you. I'm less strange though, mostly because on this layer I'm much more calm. :proud:

·
Registered
127 Posts
:D

[video=facebook;607559329142]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=607559329142[/video]

What about cake? Cake has layers! ERRYBODY LOVES CAKE!

I'm sure having layers is necessary in a way, helping you to adapt to different situations and people...
When getting close to people and trying to connect on a deeper level, sometimes all the surface layers seem like walls of defence, but that's what makes the chase more interesting! Cliché, I know......

I like to present myself as a happy person, and most negative emotions are hidden. They're still a big part of who I am, I just don't like showing too much negativity to the world/ dwelling on it too much myself. I wonder if that has something to do with enneagram..

It's kind of like the feeling I get when I open a troll present that's been wrapped several times :p The closer I get to the core, the more excited I get ^.^'
But how about when there's NOTHING inside all that wrapping paper? xD My granny did that to me once. My granny. Who said little old ladies are sweet? :shocked:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Layer one : Bubbly and outgoing (ish). Occasional small talk but no fake compliments though.. because I find it super awkward to both receive and give compliments. I don't talk about my feelings or thoughts at all. This layer is mainly for my acquaintances to see.

Layer two: The side that my close friends get to see. A little more talkative, revealing, and serious than layer one. I'll talk about life in general without going too far deep.

Layer three: My deep and inner thoughts, motives, and ideas.
Occasionally I'll reveal some of my thoughts for the internet to see (tumblr ftw) (yes, I'm surprisingly more comfortable with revealing this side to my internet friends compared to my real life friend :()
I am not comfortable revealing this side to anybody in real life, doesn't matter how close they are with me. I am working on getting comfortable to open up to people because I've suffered many consequences because of this. It's ironic ... I long for deep connections with a few but I'm too fearful to even get into one.

It is because of our Fi that most of us ENFPs have this "inner" side to us? haha

Well I feel like a god damn coconut -___- with layers impossible to peel with hands.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
No, I'm pretty much, what you see is what you get. Except some people don't know me very well, and either think I'm a complete goofball, really introverted, or really stupid. I wouldn't call those layers, I would say, seeing me at different times. Its all very much me.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
The outer layer is my warm, bubbly, faker than Snooki's tan side. That is the small talk, the shallow compliments, the "Hey, I like your hair," the fake smile, the actions that are comfortable to me, the "Make everyone laugh!" moments, etc. This is the side that I am the nicest, fakest, and I usually show this to people I don't know well to make myself comfortable in the situation.
Why be fake? Just be yourself... even if it means hiding certain parts of who you are, if it makes you feel safe. Don't give compliments out unless you actually mean them. I don't always have nice things to say to/about people, so if I do notice something cool about them, or what they are wearing etc, I make sure to say something. I hate it when someone gives me a compliment and I feel expected to say something in return.

The next layer is my colder monotoneish side. That is where I basically just develop sarcastic, cold things to say while out of it in a conversation. This is usually when I'm tired, sad, etc. This is where I'm in a terrible mood and I appear to be a whole different type.
I'm only like that with one person, but I really don't like her.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
layers
1. Smart and polite

2. joking and playful

3. philosophical politcal etc

4. Cynical crtic of everything

5.Sexual deviant.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Are you sure you're not an ESFP, @Smileygirl? :) I can't relate to your description of layers, although it could be the age difference between us. Your personality layers describe how my esfp friends act to a t.

My layers would be described as the professional, polite shell, the warm bubbly undershirt always giving positive attention and heartfelt compliments to those I care about (not fake compliments though... I don't care enough to put up false pretenses :p), then the motivational speaker/philosophical spiritual layer, then my sarcastic, edgy slightly naughty side, then the core of deeply held unchanging values, and feelings of kinship with humanity.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Are you sure you're not an ESFP, @Smileygirl ? :) I can't relate to your description of layers, although it could be the age difference between us. Your personality layers describe how my esfp friends act to a t.
This subject has been done to death, I'm pretty sure smileygirl would know if she was an ESFP by now- I used to think she was an ESFP too, but AceFace insists shes an ENFP, and shes done plenty of research. There's no shortage of ENFPs on here I can't relate to, but we've all had different life experiances etc. Then theres ennegrams and stuff. I probably don't seem like an ENFP sometimes, but I fit the type descriptions really really well. I couldn't imagine being anything else. Smileygirl is still very young. I was a completely different person when I was her age.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Because of my insecure enneagram, I take a lot of time to show my real self. And that's why when people tries to come near me, they often end up misunderstanding me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting... I have one question for the rest of the ENFP's here.. have you ever experienced being very attracted to people who aren't available to you and when someone does show you how much they care about you, all the alarm bells in your head start ringing and you start finding all kind of faults with the person in question and are embarrassed and feel awkward around them.

I am not sure if this is an ENFP thing or if is just my fear of commitments (its a paradox actually I have always longed to be in the perfect relationship, but when any relationship happens- its never as good enough as the one in my head, I realize this is stupid, but I am unable to talk myself out of it)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure you're not an ESFP, @Smileygirl? :) I can't relate to your description of layers, although it could be the age difference between us. Your personality layers describe how my esfp friends act to a t.

My layers would be described as the professional, polite shell, the warm bubbly undershirt always giving positive attention and heartfelt compliments to those I care about (not fake compliments though... I don't care enough to put up false pretenses :p), then the motivational speaker/philosophical spiritual layer, then my sarcastic, edgy slightly naughty side, then the core of deeply held unchanging values, and feelings of kinship with humanity.
ERG!!!!! I'm not a friggin ESFP god dammit! I'm done with this!!!!!! Functions determine that! I dont use Se at all! :mad:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Ps that's exactly what I said too. The same exact thing, different wording. I'm done with this! No one knows me and still they're tryin to type me! Erg!

·
Registered
20 Posts
"This is the part where I analyze myself to the point of confusing myself. This is the part where I just totally rip everything apart basically"

I am not sure that this is ESFP in anyway... its very very ENFP..describes me accurately too...I hate making decisions...and can analyze the shit out of a subject weighing its pro and cons... and confuse myself and others in the process...you must be ENFP...:)

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
I'm not sure what order my layers go in (apart from the nearer you get to the core....the more intense my emotions/feelings are) However, some of the different sides that make up 'me' are:

:tongue: >> The Goofball - hyperactive, clumsy, dribbles a lot when excitied, very talkative

:cool: >> The Coolcat - Streetwise, urban, likes a bit of dirty dancing, is a little bit of a rebellious 'raver-girl' at heart

:blushed: >> The Cutie-Pie - Shy and introverted at times, VERY cuddly and affection with those close to her, very much like a little child

:dry: >> The Cynic - Dry sense of humour, skeptical, dead-pan, intolerant of bullshit

:angry: >> The Hormonal Te-bitch slapper - Do I really need to explain this one....other than say, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!

:kitteh: >> The Cheeky Mink - when I'm feeling nawwwwwty, hehe

:unsure: >> The Anxious self-doubter - Yes, I am my own worst enemy -prone to moments of anxious despair and crippling self-doubt (I'm working on this)

:proud: >> The Know-it-all - when I've got my nerd/geek cap on and you get me talking about some hot topic I'm passionate about

:ninja: >> The Ninja of Justice - When I'm defending something I care about passionately....don't cross me! muwahahaha

My core....?

You'll just have to get to know me a little better to find out :wink:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"This is the part where I analyze myself to the point of confusing myself. This is the part where I just totally rip everything apart basically"

I am not sure that this is ESFP in anyway... its very very ENFP..describes me accurately too...I hate making decisions...and can analyze the shit out of a subject weighing its pro and cons... and confuse myself and others in the process...you must be ENFP...:)
Thank you :) @shedreamt @chickydoda sorry I was being a dickhead to you guys, I just am tired of this ESFP stuff. I've done hours of research, self reflection, alone time, and I've known myself very well lately, and I've found my type and that's final. I couldn't relate to @Zeptometer in his post but I am 100% sure we're both enfp's and I didn't let that discourage me. I'm sorry I just... Ohh, stupid me! :p

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Thank you :) @shedreamt @chickydoda sorry I was being a dickhead to you guys, I just am tired of this ESFP stuff. I've done hours of research, self reflection, alone time, and I've known myself very well lately, and I've found my type and that's final. I couldn't relate to @Zeptometer in his post but I am 100% sure we're both enfp's and I didn't let that discourage me. I'm sorry I just... Ohh, stupid me! :p
What?!? I was defending you!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts