Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Including myself, I know one heterosexual ENFP, one bisexual ENFP, and one bicurious XNFP (she sometimes comes out E, other times I). All three of us are female and have rather enormous sex drives, which we do not hesitate to act on when convenient. I'm wondering if this is common among ENFPs--not necessarily to have high libidos, since I'm sure there are ENFPs with low sex drives or none at all, but to be comfortable with one's sex drive, to put a high priority on knowing oneself sexually (as we NFs do in every other area), and/or to have no qualms about pleasing oneself. It seems like those are traits that would go along with ENFP-ness, but I want a bigger sample size.

Is horniness common among ENFPs? How important is your sexual identity to you? Do you have rules by which you regulate your sex life (or lack thereof)? Do you ponder your sex drive introspectively?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I was "sexcurious" since -- erm, don't remember accurately but anyway -- very early, even bicurious and bisexual (sure didn't realize it then though). And I consider myself sexually more active than the majority in general.

Ideally I would have sex often following my impulses just whenever. Unfortunately I have to limit natural expressions of my sexuality due to mutual agreements between my partner and myself. If I ever end up in a different relationship, I might consider to agree to keep it more open.

I do value my sexuality highly, I used to be ashamed of it due to upbringing but nowadays I don't, I'm just enjoying it as much as I can and am proud of my sexual identity (bisexual) and proud of my liberal and unorthodox views.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Inferior Si means that we basically have an all or nothing attitude when it comes to doing anything, because Si relates to self control. Which means if we enjoy something, we do it in extreme excess and can't get enough of it....and if we don't we avoid it like the plague and will procrastinate to no end to avoid it. Very very common amongst ENxP who have not developed auxillary to be more stable about decision making (thinking about the ramifications of actions is the internal judgment function).

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Inferior Si means that we basically have an all or nothing attitude when it comes to doing anything, because Si relates to self control. Which means if we enjoy something, we do it in extreme excess and can't get enough of it....and if we don't we avoid it like the plague and will procrastinate to no end to avoid it.
Inferior Si thing and/or something else but the bolded part is EXACTLY like me in every area in my life!

I'd love to know how other Ne-doms relate.
Based on his/her awesome signature, I see at least @Maybe maybe relates too :kitteh:

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Including myself, I know one heterosexual ENFP, one bisexual ENFP, and one bicurious XNFP (she sometimes comes out E, other times I). All three of us are female and have rather enormous sex drives, which we do not hesitate to act on when convenient.
Guilty.

I'm wondering if this is common among ENFPs--not necessarily to have high libidos, since I'm sure there are ENFPs with low sex drives or none at all, but to be comfortable with one's sex drive, to put a high priority on knowing oneself sexually (as we NFs do in every other area), and/or to have no qualms about pleasing oneself. It seems like those are traits that would go along with ENFP-ness, but I want a bigger sample size.
Guilty. (except for the low sex drives part)

Is horniness common among ENFPs? How important is your sexual identity to you? Do you have rules by which you regulate your sex life (or lack thereof)? Do you ponder your sex drive introspectively?
My only rule is honesty. If the other person knows exactly what they're dealing with, it's their choice to be with me or not. I would not deceive in order to seduce (not to mention I am absolutely terrible at lying), but aside from that I don't have any other hangups whatsoever, and never did. I have no hang-ups about nudity either. I've had to tame myself a little for various reasons (ie, public nudity is illegal; having sex can have bad consequences to my body, etc) ... but it's really all about finding the best way to get what I want without causing any harm to myself.

As for my 'sexual identity' - it's not as much an identity as just "the way I am." But I do love to express myself musically, artistically, etc. and so this is an honest part of myself that I express.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i dont know its safe, but ill come out and say i appreciate lots of sex, in no holds bar conditions, orgies, friends with benifits, polygamy(mutual she can have other bf's as well) or a form of polygamy with a mass of fwb, i dont segregate, i will play with chains and whips, do many heterosexual things that i wont list for at least a little common decency, and serial monogamy, i dont see the wrong in being a slut if you protect yourself from babies and std's

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have an enormous...libido. Hang ups are a waste of time when you could be having fun sex! I love when you meet someone super compatible with you and their face just smells SO GOOD for no reason and it's like bunnies all the time.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I am hetero-sapiosexual for sure, but I used to think that I was bisexual when I was younger. I'm rather young, so my sex life is naturally inexistant. But, in all honesty, sex is and will be something that I will avoid until marriage. Saves a lot of headache and heartache. Sex can be very destructive, and I don't see any reason for risking pregnancy and/or STDs and/or heartache for the sake of mere pleasure. :frustrating:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm bi, and am horny much more often than I feel comfortable admitting. In my dream world I would be able to just get it on all the time with anyone I find attractive, but for personal reasons I'm actually very uncomfortable with actually doing the deed haha

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I'm a very horny person who has not had sex for 3 years. It's more self-inflicted because I'm very passionate in bed. I can't be passionate with a stranger. I need to know the person on a deep level and I need to be in love. To me, sex is the physical demonstration of love...two become one for a few moments. It's a very spiritual experience for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had an ENFP who had a crush on me. When I was getting to know him, my sense from him was "Holy sh*t, this guy really wants to sleep with me." When I went to give him a hug at a party, there was not a pistol in his pocket, but damn, there could've been.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Including myself, I know one heterosexual ENFP, one bisexual ENFP, and one bicurious XNFP (she sometimes comes out E, other times I). All three of us are female and have rather enormous sex drives, which we do not hesitate to act on when convenient. I'm wondering if this is common among ENFPs--not necessarily to have high libidos, since I'm sure there are ENFPs with low sex drives or none at all, but to be comfortable with one's sex drive, to put a high priority on knowing oneself sexually (as we NFs do in every other area), and/or to have no qualms about pleasing oneself. It seems like those are traits that would go along with ENFP-ness, but I want a bigger sample size.

male (homosexual) ENFP here with incredibly high sex drive :cool:

other systems could play into this as well though. ENFP is strongly correlated with Enneagram 7 and the Sexual instinct variant. both are also associated with high sex drive

·
Registered
155 Posts
sometimes i dont like it. well, why?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had an ENFP who had a crush on me. When I was getting to know him, my sense from him was "Holy sh*t, this guy really wants to sleep with me." When I went to give him a hug at a party, there was not a pistol in his pocket, but damn, there could've been.
he just wanted to treat you right. i dont know I was like that to ladies. :tongue:

Reactions: Katie Tran

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sometimes the drive is prominent, sometimes it's not. Depends on many different factors. But yeah, definitely exploratory with a lack of hangups. I find sexuality interesting to read and think about too.
I do as well. A lot of the time I look up scientific studies about it--experiments people have done, articles on the role of oxytocin, whatever--in my free time.
Sometimes I'm lead to believe that I have no sex drive at all because of my fears.
Can you explain that? What kind of fears? There is definitely a lot of stigma attached to being a "slut" in our society, if that's what you mean. It can be really harsh.
To me, sex is the physical demonstration of love...two become one for a few moments. It's a very spiritual experience for me.
Yeah, I know what you mean. From what I've seen, that's the way a lot of ENFxs see sex, and I think it brings a really pleasant dimension to it that wouldn't be available if one were just hooking up. :proud:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts