Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you ENFPs stay positive? I'm going through a negative phase and I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL. So how do enfp's maintain your positivity?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Everyone goes through their negative phases. I hope you're doing okay. D:

As for me, doing something I like usually takes my mind off things for at least a little while. I pretty much can't even remember what I was so upset over by the time I'm done. :D

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
going and doing something instead of moping is good. sometime i'd just stay on the same track hoping the "good times" would come back but well that didn't work, so just do something mix it up a bit. Don't worry to much about being down, good moods and bad moods come and go and the less you dread the bad the better

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I analyze my thoughts. That's usually the source of my unhappiness. I weed out my cognitive distortions and make myself think realistically about things. It also helps to concentrate on all of the things I'm grateful for that I do have despite what I'm missing. I just gotta make the best of what I've got. That doesn't mean that I ignore my feelings once I start feeling bad though. I acknowledge my feelings and feel them. After I've done enough of that, I give myself a Te bitchslap ;)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Sometimes I relish negativity and unhappiness and very nearly enjoy it, mostly because I find brokenness inexplicably beautiful. And I'm usually a pretty positive person, so when the negativity or the blues come, I tend to embrace them and just hang out with all those feelings and thoughts for a while. They are important.

When I know it's getting unhealthy, changing things up helps. Changing routine, getting new clothes and changing what you're wearing, changing the type of exercise you do...I don't know. Change always helps me. Also: distraction. Find some friends, and go have some fun. Go on adventure. I find that sometimes we (I) forget how good I have it, which sends me into a spiral of negativity and then I really forget all the good in my life. Sometimes just getting out there and experiencing life brings all the reminder that's needed.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Stay busy! I think a lot of ENFPs have a sort of innate tendency to stay in and reflect and think until something else gets us moving, sometimes instead of making things happen ourselves. I reallly suggest the latter. Even if you don't feel like doing something, getting involved, etc, teach yourself to do it anyway and eventually you'll either find something you like or find that whatever you're doing really isn't as bad as you thought and you're also being productive. Exercising helps a lot. Just get excited about little things, little changes, making things improve even in little ways :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys:)

actually the main reason I was upset is because as dumb as it is, I was moping about how since I'm the head of the yearbook comittee for my grade for student council i get to help tally the yearbook votes for the superlative categories.

I got into a whole pity party about I didnt get nominated for anything by my friends except for only one for best school spirit...and I felt unappreciated and I had a whole Fi "no one gets me" rage... Then I was moping about how I've never been asked out, etc. and how I've had to ask out all the guys I dated (which is 2 lol.)

I tried your tips on how to rationalize. Later after i did that I tried dojng something i love. I just went in my backyard and ran around with my dog. xD I had an urge to run soooo yeah lol I'm weird like that. Typical ENFP, lol.

I'm feeling better now haha. I'm tired.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
And good for you on approaching the guys! I've made effort with the guys that I've really liked and ended up dating, I think it's only fair, and I like people who go after what they want. a friend of mine said she couldn't be that bold, and I thought it was sad :(

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well don't mope, I can think of at least one ENFP who didn't get nominated for anything in her yearbook *cough cough* me *cough cough*. In fact, they spelled my last name wonky in my senior yearbook :sad: Trust me, one thing is WAY better than nothing!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well don't mope, I can think of at least one ENFP who didn't get nominated for anything in her yearbook *cough cough* me *cough cough*. In fact, they spelled my last name wonky in my senior yearbook :sad: Trust me, one thing is WAY better than nothing!
Haha aww :( and they spelled my name weird last year too xD

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm INFP. What I've seen in my ENFP friend is that she forgets it after a while (Month - Years). How hard things was and she moves on.
Usually she looks really shocked when I tell her about past experiences she's had.

"We compared notes" and came up with this image to explain our dealing with problems/hard/guilt/everything in general:

Imagine your life as a track record, everyone has one in your register, even yourself.

Towards others:
ENFP: Temporary criminal record, you don't get judged, it was probably because of something the ENFP did themselves, served your time for the crime. You get off without a warning and are forgiven (crime is forgotten).

INFP: Permanent criminal record, you don't will get judged silently, no redemption seeking? the INFP will start look for reasons you did such a foul crime against them and come up with 1 possible explanation = it's their fault. Every time you commit the crime there will be added an extra stroke on your permanent record. You get off with or without a warning depending on what it is.

Towards yourself:
ENFP: Temporary criminal record, you will get judged for your part in the crime, both during and after, served your time for the crime. You get off with a warning and crime is forgotten.

INFP: Permanent criminal record, you will get judged, you will remember and harbor the guilt to the end of days and can't be sorry enough about it.

Makes sense? Or am I being melodramatic xD

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've always been a Straight A student and I just got an F on my progress report in math, but it's not my fault! My teacher is horrible at teaching Geometry. :(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've always been a Straight A student and I just got an F on my progress report in math, but it's not my fault! My teacher is horrible at teaching Geometry. :(
Omg I've had a similar experience this year! :( I'm definitely an algebra minded person myself, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts