Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how you all feel about playing team sports. In sports clubs, or just for fun with friends.... or maybe in school physed class *shudder* xD

I love the idea of working in a team. I do at work... taking and making other peoples orders, and cleaning together. But playing sport in teams is something I absolutely HATE for a number of reasons and I'm wondering if it's an ENFP thing or a personal insecurity thing....

- ENFPs like to be liked. Actually that's not true. Generally we NEED to be liked. And we spend a lot of our time studying whether other people like us. This makes team sports very stressful... the opposing team generally wants to crush us at best, and hates us in a weird brutish and aggressive manner at worst. So there'll be no "Hey mate hows it going!? Isn't it a nice day!" with them. On top of that, if you don't play well... then your own team is disappointed in you. Which is saddening =(

- Agression. Us ENFPs are known to be very WHERE'S THE LOVE!? We get on the field and...... *shudder* I hate to think about the lack of love xD Personally I always found it very difficult to participate at all because if someone would come towards me, I'd sort of freak out and give them the ball so they wouldn't touch me. And if someone else had the ball, I wouldn't ever want to bother them so I was a crap defender.
That made my team not so happy with me =O

If you get the ball off someone, you get cheered even though YOU JUST SMASHED INTO SOMEONE AND STOLE THEIR BALL THAT WAS SO MEAN WHY ARE YOU CHEERING!?!!! etc.

Also, we hate being told what to do. It always irked me so much when team members would be all JESS GET THE BALL! GET THE BALL!

NOOOO really!?!?, I definitely didn't know that was the objective of the game. STFU.

What do ye think? Is it an ENFP thing or is it just me xD
Oh and also I want to clarify, I was really good at sport. i was always centre field and won the sport carnivals. Up until I was 15, then everyone got serious and I stopped playing because I didn't like it =O

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I prefer individual sports. I'm a runner . I compete with myself and my previous times. I like sports where you can set PR's.

I"m not even a team player at work. I own my own business. Somethings are best left in my power. Like....power. :laughing:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Gymnastics. My most favorite sport EVAR and I would not trade it for the world :crazy:

The team experience i had in high school was honestly probably one the single best experiences of my life. We bonded so much and it was honest and genuine too. We sweated together, worked out, but ate ice cream and had sleepovers and movie nights too.
At the same time, it was just as much about personal records as it was about the team scores representing the school.
And you always had real teammates there cheering for you. You got the feeling of being an individual success and being a hero for the team when you scored well. Best of both worlds fer sure :tongue:

And the sport itself was unlimited. There was ALWAYS something new you could learn, and even if you had to do a routine, you had to put your own spin on it too. The way the team worked out too, you'd end up getting so close to the girls that you'd wanna drive yourself to be the best you can to help them win.

And good way to get out frustration xD

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awww it's so nice to hear this xD And yes... my favourite sports have always been artistic gymnastics, surfing and running, followed by tennis and badminton. I love individual sports!

Somethings are best left in my power. Like....power.

LOL

Reactions: HappiLie

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like team sports (my favorite sports being soccer and basketball) because I can rely on others and I like when I'm working with others provided they do as well as me and cooperate. I hate when people never pass and I hate when I'm the worst on my team. Besides that I like team sports.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I like individual, competitive sports where I know I'll give my opponent a run for his money, and help him improve. (Pardon the sexist sentence!)

Pick-up team sports are fun too, mostly because they're more social than competitive. I've never been able to take team sports seriously though, mostly because I never seem to have any tactical control. I'd probably get more into it if I was the coach.

Reactions: Vanilambrozja

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm wondering how you all feel about playing team sports. In sports clubs, or just for fun with friends.... or maybe in school physed class *shudder* xD

I love the idea of working in a team. I do at work... taking and making other peoples orders, and cleaning together. But playing sport in teams is something I absolutely HATE for a number of reasons and I'm wondering if it's an ENFP thing or a personal insecurity thing....

- ENFPs like to be liked. Actually that's not true. Generally we NEED to be liked. And we spend a lot of our time studying whether other people like us. This makes team sports very stressful... the opposing team generally wants to crush us at best, and hates us in a weird brutish and aggressive manner at worst. So there'll be no "Hey mate hows it going!? Isn't it a nice day!" with them. On top of that, if you don't play well... then your own team is disappointed in you. Which is saddening =(

- Agression. Us ENFPs are known to be very WHERE'S THE LOVE!? We get on the field and...... *shudder* I hate to think about the lack of love xD Personally I always found it very difficult to participate at all because if someone would come towards me, I'd sort of freak out and give them the ball so they wouldn't touch me. And if someone else had the ball, I wouldn't ever want to bother them so I was a crap defender.
That made my team not so happy with me =O

If you get the ball off someone, you get cheered even though YOU JUST SMASHED INTO SOMEONE AND STOLE THEIR BALL THAT WAS SO MEAN WHY ARE YOU CHEERING!?!!! etc.

Also, we hate being told what to do. It always irked me so much when team members would be all JESS GET THE BALL! GET THE BALL!

NOOOO really!?!?, I definitely didn't know that was the objective of the game. STFU.

What do ye think? Is it an ENFP thing or is it just me xD
Oh and also I want to clarify, I was really good at sport. i was always centre field and won the sport carnivals. Up until I was 15, then everyone got serious and I stopped playing because I didn't like it =O
WOW. Definitely NOT an all-around ENFP trait. I play catcher for my softball team, and when I get on the field, I get aggressive as HELL. Yes, I am nice to the other team, (I'll be on first base, telling the first baseman how much I like her hair), but I don't mind if they aren't all that nice to me. I get it. I do hate being told what to do, but then again, I am the person screaming at my teammates to get the ball. :crazy: Definitely something I have GOT to work on. They don't like it much. And as a catcher, you have to be really intimidating. I don't mind chasing a girl down or throwing her out, I have no qualms whatsoever. That's the point of the game. And I am the nicest girl on the team off the field, but when we step onto that field, boy, you better have your head on straight and stay focused or you got me to deal with. I do put myself down when I have a bad day, you know, put all the blame on me and say "If only I had just...", but it does no good. I think that your sports aversion is more just a personal preference thing. I adore softball, and there is no way I could ever quit it. Or be a pansy on the field. ;)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
i like most team sports, although weirdly i'm not great with teamwork..

i love football (soccer) because i'm epic but ill tend to rely more on myself than others.. one thing i've noticed about sports is that i prefer to be on the weaker team because i like underdogs- although maybe it's because i know people will pass me the ball more :happy:

one thing i don't like is team sports played seriously, i don't like it when everyone is really competitive. i like to show off skills and be able to laugh about it when they don't come off, or if we're losing.

i'm competitive in an individual sense in that i like to be seen as a good player.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts