Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is/knows of any ENFPs currently in or retired from the military? I'm in the Air Force myself, and it's a good thing I'm in Intel, otherwise the military life is definitely not for me. Always having to be 15 mins early to everything, answering to this person at this time, always needing certain things with me at all times, making sure uniform/room is in inspection order... It's a lot for an ENFP like myself to handle. and I'm probably a bit more absentminded than most of you, you can be sure!

My job and where I work is pretty laid back, but I can't imagine having a more strict, military-like job. Carrying guns, shooting weapons, disarming IEDs, piloting fighter jets... It's just not in my nature to do these types of things. I personally wouldn't have the focus necessary to do such intense and life-depending tasks..

However, I love the AF and my job, and joining is the best choice I could have made. Although it's been a bit of a struggle at times, it definitely improved me as a person and has taught me a lot of discipline!! Which I definitely needed...

Ok long post short, is it just me that struggles with such a structured life? (in a sense it helps me a lot...) Or are there other ENFPs out there in the military? And if so, I'm curious what branches... I can't really see an ENFP being in the Marine Corps!! But who knows :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Soldier,

I am not in the services, but I often wish I was or at least had been. If I was or had been, I would have gone Navy ( I love the There is much they could teach me that I feel would improve me. but I have always fle thag if saaYou have my utmost respect as I can barely manage any of those same requirements by non-military standards. I would have been imprisoned or dead if I were in the military. And while I usually reserve this intrusion for those service men I can shake hands with when I look them in the eye and sincerely thank them for the sevice they provide, I would like to do my first virtual hand shake and thank you now and I offer that thanks to you. Thank you for all you do for our country, things I'll never know about and so can not possibly thank you adeuquately, and for putting your live on the line each day so that I can be safe from any foreign enemy's while you watch over me. Good luck to you and my best for your family And remember that as an ENFP, their are certian

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not an ENFP myself, but I'm currently in the navy and I have met 3 ENFP so far, 2 males 1 female. The first male ENFP was a great leader, didn't deal with pointless formalities, straight forward, but very friendly and understanding all at once. The 2nd male enfp and the female one.....Have a lot of "fun" you could say. The contrast between the regular workplace structure and the freedom that ensues at the end of the day seems to lead the two into making some unhealthy personal decisions like binge drinking or binge friending (if that's a thing....trying to forget their problems without dealing them face on). As for Marine Corps ENFP's I think I've met a few, though I think that environment fits male ENFPs a bit more.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I wonder if enfp's could be military nurses. Seems more reasonable.

they probably kill enemies with kindness. sorry if i misinterpret military service. I blame the media

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is/knows of any ENFPs currently in or retired from the military? I'm in the Air Force myself, and it's a good thing I'm in Intel, otherwise the military life is definitely not for me. Always having to be 15 mins early to everything, answering to this person at this time, always needing certain things with me at all times, making sure uniform/room is in inspection order... It's a lot for an ENFP like myself to handle. and I'm probably a bit more absentminded than most of you, you can be sure!

My job and where I work is pretty laid back, but I can't imagine having a more strict, military-like job. Carrying guns, shooting weapons, disarming IEDs, piloting fighter jets... It's just not in my nature to do these types of things. I personally wouldn't have the focus necessary to do such intense and life-depending tasks..

However, I love the AF and my job, and joining is the best choice I could have made. Although it's been a bit of a struggle at times, it definitely improved me as a person and has taught me a lot of discipline!! Which I definitely needed...

Ok long post short, is it just me that struggles with such a structured life? (in a sense it helps me a lot...) Or are there other ENFPs out there in the military? And if so, I'm curious what branches... I can't really see an ENFP being in the Marine Corps!! But who knows :)
I wanted to. I qualified the exam but I failed in physicals because of my Asthma condition... It was pretty sucky..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Coast Guard Officer here, Medically Retired due to Injury on duty

Yes Coast Guard is Military (Always best to just be out with that at the beggining).

I went to the Naval Academy and CG Academy via a transfer of my own volition. I can tell you that I reveled in the structure for a time. On the subordinate side it was nice to have that bit of structure that I didn't really have to think about. . .I just kind of -did- it.

However, the first time I ended up with an incompetent boss that all went downhill. Nothing is worse than being under the rule of a complete fool. Watching as some idiot who makes more than me makes thoughtless and careless decisions that hurt my men and women, as well as the mission.

A few orders that put us directly in harms way, that if not for the quick thinking of some outstanding enlisted personnel could have very well gotten someone killed, and I knew I couldn't continue in the job. Unfortunate thing about the military. . .at that point you really have no choice you know.

Long answer short, when performing the mission and working with my people I loved it. Long drawn out meetings and trainings that we had already had a thousand times, held by men who wouldn't be able to think their way out of a paper bag. . . .glad to be done with that

:) more power to you. . .Hope you manage to make it through like a champ!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts