Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I know I'm not the only one who liked anime as a kid. List all the anime shows and/or characters you liked or still like. I'll start off: Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and..............(Don't judge me, Sailor Moon):blushed:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I really don't know what any of those shows are. And anime tended to give me a headache. Too many sharp angels and choppy moves. I like much more personal animation and softer edges. Like the type of coloring books I had at 6 years old.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whoa Whoa whoa, liked anime as kids? How about now? Anime is still great. I just finished watching the avatar series ( yea yea i know its kinda not really an anime) and now im in love. I feel like animes goes into greater depth with the characters so you can become and feel like one of them. Anyway my favorite anime as of now is Avatar but this is the first of the animes that I have watched from beginning to end consecutively. Now i'm watching naruto which is going to take a long time for me to watch and I want to watch dragon ball z from beginning to end. I have a feeling that when I'm done watching all three the order in which I appreciate them will be like this 1) dragon ball z or avatar 2) naruto or ghost in a shell....oh yea i also forgot that i really liked fooli cooli lol i forgot how to spell it and Big O:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::laughing::laughing::confused:

may I also add that a lot of the topics in anime that are discussed among these shows can also be tied in to real life...it takes a deep mind to notice this though...its not just something you pick up...most people all they see is the fighting and the shallow layer of the storyline they dont go deep enough.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I don't like it anymore, but I used to love anime & manga as a kid, when I was around 12 years old or so. Cardcaptor Sakura was my favorite, and my favorite manga was Marmalade Boy. Typical girly-girl stuff.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I love anime, although I tend to be an old-school fan. Anything by Osamu Tezuka like Astro Boy, Phoenix, Black Jack, or Dororo. Also Urusei Yatsura! As far as more current stuff, I learn towards obscure shows like Astro Fighter Sunred because I can't stand anything moé like Haruhi or K-On or Lucky Star and they really REALLY irritate me. D: Unfortunately, that seems to be the mainstream audience these days. Good for the people who like it, but it makes me wistful thinking back to 90s anime and earlier... (Tenchi, Gundam, etc)

AND of course, anything by Satoshi Kon is wonderful! (RIP... D: You died WAY too young...)

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm not a fan, no, but I liked all the works of Shinichirō Watanabe. Otherwise, it's rare to find an anime that I don't dislike the visual style of. It's kinda cool that it can be so cheap to produce though. Kind of like the pulp fiction of the generation.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Revolutionary Girl Utena, Azumanga Daioh, Durarara!!, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Spirited Away, and Code Geass are kickass. I have a list of shows that I plan on watching, starting with Mononoke and Baccano!, but I've gotta find decent subs or borrow DVDs from friends first. and I'm a lazy, lazy child, so that probably won't happen for a while.

manga-wise... right now I'm really into Natsume Yuujinchou, Mushishi, Amatsuki, and DOLLS. and I'm going to finish Nabari no Ou once I accumulate enough boxes of tissues for the inevitable extreme tearjerkers.

LivInGMyStory said:
may I also add that a lot of the topics in anime that are discussed among these shows can also be tied in to real life...it takes a deep mind to notice this though...its not just something you pick up...most people all they see is the fighting and the shallow layer of the storyline they dont go deep enough.
this is so, so true.

Reactions: ApolloNoUta

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not a big fan... I did watch full metal alchemist as a teen and enjoyed that except for Al's voice which gets extremely annoying. After that I haven't watched anime since although I still love the art style and peoples drawings and stuff on deviantart.com. It's just so interesting to see everyones art style.

Edit: BTW your on an internet forum :)... your bound to get more anime people in here statistically wise.
Edit2:plus I'm not a big fan of the anime crowd in general, their super nice but I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not a big fan... I did watch full metal alchemist as a teen and enjoyed that except for Al's voice which gets extremely annoying. After that I haven't watched anime since although I still love the art style and peoples drawings and stuff on deviantart.com. It's just so interesting to see everyones art style.

Edit: BTW your on an internet forum :)... your bound to get more anime people in here statistically wise.
Edit2:Plus I'm not a big fan of the anime crowd in general, their super nice but I wouldn't want to be associated with them.
As far as real life is concerned, off the internet, this holds true for me. There are a LOT of extremely immature anime fans in my community, so I prefer hanging out with my close, calmer friends or just by myself, when it comes to anime hobbies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Death Note was awesome until the 14 year old kids started running CIA and all of that stuff but the characters are great and it has a brilliant storyline.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I never was super into it (though my shallow liking as a middle/high school student started a LOT of my friends getting SUPER obsessed with it). I don't go out of my way to look at all animes, usually the ones I like are just on TV and were interesting to watch.

I love the Avatar series and Cardcaptor Sakura best. I have all the Cardcaptor Sakura episodes, and I would probably splurge on Avatar. I wouldn't mind watching Sailor Moon again (I was always ticked off they never dubbed the last season, though I'd probably watch it subbed this time around). Kodocha is another cute one, mainly cause the main character is ESFP/ENFP and I adore her <3.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I never got into anime, though I will say I did watch Sailor Moon as a kid and had two Sailor Moon mini-dolls (Serena and the green one I believe).

A lot of my friends now (most who I met online) are really into anime like Bleach and...well, that's the only one I know cause they talk about it all the freakin' time.

I've never tried to get into it and I just don't really think I will. :shrug:

·
Banned
148 Posts
Instead of anime, I remember reading and watching a lot of Batman, Superman, X-Men, etc.

Lotta Marvel/DC comics superheroes.

I especially loved tragic heroes like Batman, an INTJ with a flawed sense of responsibility and strong emotional barrier.

Superman is too much of a Boy Scout for me (and an ESTJ :angry:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hated anime as a kid. I was always against it for some reason I guess to fit in or something, but then finally last year, it was a late night, I watch an episode of Cowboy Bebop, and am blown away. Now I watch it every now in then. :wink:

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 46 Posts