Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I can immediately tell if someone has a crush or love interest in another person... unless that person is me.

Yep. I can see links between two people easily, but when it comes to someone else liking me, I tend to stay very, very clueless. Oftentimes it comes as a complete surprise or I need someone else to tell me, else I'd never find out.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or is it just me?
Does this apply to ENFP's or are other types better at recognizing a love interest?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Yes, that has been my experience. I know this stereotype about ENFP wanting attention not to be true for every ENFP, i wasn't one who enjoyed being in the spotlight. For me i thought men enjoyed the company of women who were somewhat attention seeking, so i never considered by staying in the background men were even looking my way. Sure , out with close friends now is different, especially since i've been with the same man for years, now married. I don't have to modify my behaviour, so i now enjoy being in the spotlight, kind of strange how that worked out now that i think of it ...heh... Although when i was dating, it wasn't like that, i wan't to go unnoticed, so when people would tell me so and so was interested in me, i would think Meh, even if it was directly in my face.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm oblivious to someone liking me. I can tell when they like talking to me and enjoy being around me but I'm never sure what to read into it.

On a related note, I can never tell what signals I'm sending. A lot of times I hear later that someone thought I was flirting with them when I wasn't. I get the feeling that no matter what I do it's going to seem like I'm flirting. My college roommate (a 7w6 Sx/So ENFP) was the same way. Every girl he talked to thought he was flirting with her. Thinking of him as an example helps me understand how others perceive their interactions with me.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Hehehehe, I've gotten pretty good at gauging a girl's interest in me.

I took a bunch of classes at my college speech communications department. Two of my personal favorites would be "Kinesthetics and Interpersonal Communication" and "Psychology of Women".

One of the assignments was to go out and observe it at parties and bars and write down our results. I ended up just being me and holy smolly I was surprised by what I saw.

The one thing that my teacher in Psychology of Women mentioned that struck me as funny are the "Doe eyes", hair twilling, giggling, blushing, flushed upper chest, and dilated pupils are really blunt signs of interest.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You people frustrate me!!!!

I'm sorry! :( It's not like I want to be bad at this... I can't tell if my ENTJ love interest likes me or if he's just being nice. I CAN'T EVEN TELL IF HE ASKED ME ON A DATE YESTERDAY LOL. That's pretty bad, huh. It went like this:

Him: or I could stop by sometime earlier. just for the heck of it.
me: that would be pretty awesome :D just notify me a day or a few hours beforehand!
Him: :p we ought to meet up over break sometime

Wait is that a date or what I don't even? ASSDGHHJKLL?! ASDFGHJKL! Sigh. :D

·
Registered
3,918 Posts

I'm sorry! :( It's not like I want to be bad at this... I can't tell if my ENTJ love interest likes me or if he's just being nice. I CAN'T EVEN TELL IF HE ASKED ME ON A DATE YESTERDAY LOL. That's pretty bad, huh. It went like this:

Him: or I could stop by sometime earlier. just for the heck of it.
me: that would be pretty awesome :D just notify me a day or a few hours beforehand!
Him: :p we ought to meet up over break sometime

Wait is that a date or what I don't even? ASSDGHHJKLL?! ASDFGHJKL! Sigh. :D
LOL. He's probably not thinking black and white like you are xD

Reactions: White River

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL. He's probably not thinking black and white like you are xD
Hey, that makes a lot more sense. Which just goes to show how stupid I am LOOOOOL. When it comes to someone I like, I put every action of theirs under a microscope. And then I become really, really awkward around them.

I need to stop being such a creeper, LOL. Apparently when I like someone, it's also really obvious. :I Life isn't fair.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Hey, that makes a lot more sense. Which just goes to show how stupid I am LOOOOOL. When it comes to someone I like, I put every action of theirs under a microscope. And then I become really, really awkward around them.

I need to stop being such a creeper, LOL. Apparently when I like someone, it's also really obvious. :I Life isn't fair.
You can indulge the potential and still stay behind the line as friends. The purpose isn't necessarily to attempt to bag you as a gf, people naturally tend to spend more time with people they like to be around without directly thinking of where it leads, but not implicitly rejecting potential destinations either.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Odd... I tend to be pretty spot on when I suspect someone is into me - maybe the recognition improves with age?
I mean to say this in an amusing way, but i think back on ENFP's that swear they 'knew' I was into them when I myself hadn't come to a decision on my feelings. It pisses me off ;)

1 - 20 of 283 Posts