Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies and gents! :crazy: I have a few questions...

Guys: How would you feel if a girl told you she liked you first and asked you out?

Girls: Are you okay with telling a guy you like him first and asking him out?

What's your position on the issue?

Reactions: spring

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would be so okay with a girl asking me out. I think a forward girl is hot with a capital O

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm OK with asking guys out BUT......

When a guy is interested in me, and I ask him out...it backfires. The less attention I give a guy, the more he wants me.

More often than not, I have witnessed that asking a guy out doesn't "work" well. For some reason, when the guy goes out of his way to chase a girl, it shows how much he likes her. I'm beginning to think that these things should be shone first by the guy, to show how serious he is.

And this is not to say I'm undermining women's ability to make things work out. But I'm making an appeal to the biological / emotional parts of us associated with our sexes. (Disclaimer: I think there's a sexuality spectrum, so emotional intensities and tendencies vary).

Man chases. Woman picks.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Very few and far between do girls ask me out. Or try to, because I always deny them. Either by ignoring the question, implication, or point, and continuing on - or simply changing the subject. Why? Because I find it a bit desperate.

P.S

The times I have been asked out it was in a round-about way. I think I would be extremely attracted if a girl just came out with it and asked me to go somewhere with her. That would be sexy. But in a round-about way, in the same way girls do - I find it weak and unnattractive.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey ladies and gents! :crazy: I have a few questions...

Guys: How would you feel if a girl told you she liked you first and asked you out?

Girls: Are you okay with telling a guy you like him first and asking him out?

What's your position on the issue?
I can't count the times I told guys I like them but when I did they said they didn't like me. I pretty much decided I should let that role go to the guy, at least then I know the guy likes me back.

Reactions: Minesweeper Queen

·
Registered
195 Posts
For girls, instead of telling a guy you like him, I'd just ask him to go to random things, shopping, beach, lunch, whatever.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...so is it that most guys are intimidated by a very forward girl? Is it just natural for them to want to do the pursuing?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hmm...so is it that most guys are intimidated by a very forward girl? Is it just natural for them to want to do the pursuing?
Yes. Or ask us to go out. Otherwise it might get awkward.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I guess I'm an oddity then.

Reactions: Deja Vu

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
women..... if you are having trouble asking out guys..... you are asking out the wrong guys. i dont have a problem with a girl asking me out at all..... in fact i want that.... its hot.... no i dont find it intimidating.... what am i? an estj?

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
.... its just like women... not ALL guys like to pursue and not ALL guys like to be pursued.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
women..... if you are having trouble asking out guys..... you are asking out the wrong guys. i dont have a problem with a girl asking me out at all..... in fact i want that.... its hot.... no i dont find it intimidating.... what am i? an estj?
This reminds me one of my fb amigos who was like, "I would PREFER if the girl asked me out! Heck, At least I know this time I won't be rejected."

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
This reminds me one of my fb amigos who was like, "I would PREFER if the girl asked me out! Heck, At least I know this time I won't be rejected."
well this makes me want to answer otherwise. but in all honesty .... its not so much that im not confident but rather ...its just not me.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's a beautiful oddity. Much love to ya for it. ;)
I honestly don't understand why relationships have to be so typical. I'm all for chivalry, but it has it's time and place. Girls who are adaptive and forward = turn on.

Reactions: spring

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very few and far between do girls ask me out. Or try to, because I always deny them. Either by ignoring the question, implication, or point, and continuing on - or simply changing the subject. Why? Because I find it a bit desperate.

P.S

The times I have been asked out it was in a round-about way. I think I would be extremely attracted if a girl just came out with it and asked me to go somewhere with her. That would be sexy. But in a round-about way, in the same way girls do - I find it weak and unnattractive.
Haha I was shaking my head, totally disagreeing with this, until I got to the P.S. Roundabout flirtations annoy me, too, and believe me I have had guys try to ask me out in the most backwards, non-confrontational manner possible. It's annoying! Whether it's coming from a man or a woman. But personally, I don't see anything wrong with directly letting someone know you like them. You do it with friends, right? I ask my friends to go out with me all the time, because I like them and I want to spend time around them. When I'm asking someone out, it's because I like them and I want to spend more time around them. And if they don't want to go out with me, whether they just like me as a friend or don't like me at all, I would rather just know right away. I hate rejection just like anyone else, but it's a lot easier to deal with when you haven't been mulling over the possibility of a relationship with someone for months on end. Then you're not just getting rejected, you're getting this whole fantasy relationship crushed, too.

Also, it is way more fun to kiss someone in real life than it is to kiss them in your head. I like to do the fun thing :)

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,212 Posts
I would love it, but I also love forward girls. ESPECIALLY if she's that quiet one in the back of the party/group that keeps givin' you the hot eyes and finally gets up and does it. Oh I'd be so down with that. Then again, that's also how I roll...Sometimes it's ME giving the eyes and then asking her out. I guess I just respect that way of initiating.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

P.S

i second every word of this..

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
crucial thing to remember is EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.. i know i have a very different attitude to my friends, and the ppl on here straight away have shown it..

i think the perfect way to get a guy to go out with you is not to straight out ask him out, and neither to be too elusive.. you've got to find a way of making him think it's a 90% bet.. they're pretty sure but you haven't actually put it into words that you like them. this shows confidence as well because it shows that you can flirt without needing to take the easy route of saying a few words or the even easier route of avoiding it all together..
THAT's exciting..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts