Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow ENFP's!:wink: I was wondering if there are other ENFP's out there who have disabilities or diseases that affect them. I have ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) also called Chronic Kidney Disease. I have to be on dialysis until I can get a kidney transplant. It leaves me very tired and INFJ-ish:sad:. So I'm not myself sometimes. Any others with ailments? And how does it affect you?

·
Registered
683 Posts
When my depression is in full swing it's terrible. I'm not my ENFP self at all, no energy, no desire to be around people, no happy go lucky attitude. Physical ailments effect me the same way emotionally, if my body isn't happy my mind and soul aren't happy.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my depression is in full swing it's terrible. I'm not my ENFP self at all, no energy, no desire to be around people, no happy go lucky attitude. Physical ailments effect me the same way emotionally, if my body isn't happy my mind and soul aren't happy.
I agree Tophat182. Sometimes it leaves me drained & depressed. I used to be a very bubbly person. Even interacting with others has changed! I'm not as quick-witted as I used to be. It takes me longer to respond to things, and I can't seep to give the best replies that I used to. It's changed me. I've been on dialysis for 3 years now and I don't like the way its changed me for the most part.:sad:

·
Registered
683 Posts
The one thing I've learned is that you cannot get worried or upset about things that you absolutely not change. Having a serious ailment like kidney failure is something that nobody can change for the time being. But have hope my friend, because it's only a temporary setback.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am a stammerer and it affects me deeply. Sometimes I think I wouldn't be the same person without this disability. However, it causes me these feelings of social anxiety and I really hate when I can't talk as fast as I think.

I believe people with some kind of disability can eventually become deeper and wiser than others (in some way). Disabilities and diseases bring suffering into theirs lives and suffering causes all those important questions to appear.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
*I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts.
*I have a bicornuate uterus.
*I am deathly allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and shellfish.
*I have asthma and eczema.
*I have SVT which means my heart can randomly start beating 200+ BPM with no warning.
*I have spondylolysis, which means there is a stress fracture in one of my vertebra.
*I have notoriously bad knees, and when I was younger, dislocated my patella just walking to the kitchen.

And I, too, have suffered from depression in the past.

Basically... I'm a genetic mess. Oh well!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Make that 2. I also have dyslexia and I wouldn't be an ENFP today if I didn't have it. I only found out about 1 year ago which lead to some anger but also made me feel better that I knew their was a reason I had such a hard time understanding things in school.

If I never had that hard time there is no way I'd be an ENFP.. makes me a bit sad that I could of ended up being different... I'm so happy to be an ENFP! :proud:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I feel so lucky that I'm so physically healthy =O
I do have Bipolar type II which can be debilitating. I often feel like I'm on an insane badly designed emotional rollercoaster. I KNOW, WHY DON'T I BUY THIS LOUNGE CHAIR IT'S COOL?!!.........................................Life is pointless -.-............................I THINK I'M GONA BE FAMOUS!!!1!!!!!! etc.

I think it just makes me a more intense/over the top ENFP. Most ENFPs are impulsive and known to be crazy, and I take it to the next level... at times I'm just absolutely insane, dancing like a teapot in a club for hours on end..... and other times I wont come out because I feel too insecure to leave the house.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I have depression
I have allergies that can put me into anaphyxis shock
I have Have bi polar
I'm just lucky I have good pyhisical health

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know if it officially qualifies as a disability (and it's most certainly not a disease) but I have Tourette Syndrome. It's a neurological disorder.

Also have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and formerly had Mild Anxiety Disorder.

I wouldn't say Depression, because while I have had phases, it was only because of situations compromising my mental health (a move, or severe work stress, etc), and as soon as things improved, my mood went back up in a flash.

Tourette's has not hindered me from doing things, although I occasionally have twitched so much that I cramp up. The only one that has really hindered me is the Anxiety Disorder. My parents had to push me out of my "comfort zone" to do things and I'm grateful to them. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Worst I've got are shredded knees and chronic obesity. But it certainly does affect me; I'm not as confident as I might be, and I find myself jealous of people who can 1. eat what they want, and 2. do the activities they like which would leave me in a wreck.

I've got nearly no cartilage in my knees anymore; the only answer is knee replacement, and I'm too young, and too heavy, for that. So I need to lose weight. Which is hard, because it's like getting rail spikes hammered into my knees.

I'd say these things make me more cynical, less cheerful, and less compassionate, and I don't like that at all.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have a chronic pain condition (similar to fibromyalgia) which prevents me from being as physical as I prefer to, which leads to severe depression
I already had boughts of severe depression. Usually due to monthly cycle stuff though. But when it hits it's horrble. I get irritated by sounds and get sensory overload really easily, also my mind tries to convince me I'm worthless and that my presence is completely irrelvant.
I have ADD which makes me feel stupid a lot. Despite the claim of others I can't fully convince myself that I'm not.

Sometimes I have a hard time believing that I'm an ENFP. I certainly don't have the happy go lucky persona these days or the confidence they seem to have...but then a glimpse of how I used to be will surface and then I'll acknowlege that yes, I'm an ENFP. Just an emotionally (and physically?) damaged one.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
....INFJ-ish? You say that like its a bad thing...?! : (
I mean in a sense of not being myself. And I'm DEFINITELY not an introvert. So. Yeah. INFJ-ish. Being an INFJ isn't bad, but me not being myself is. Sorry for the confusion dazednconfused1.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All I have are hugs that I can offer for everyone who posted and who teach the world what it means to be a survivor. You are all so very strong. I admire you.
Thanks Pink! I like to think of you as a cultured, well rounded, awesome ENFP with a great head on her shoulders:proud: Girl, you make us look gooooood!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have decent physical health. A chronic problem I have with my feet is flaring up now, so I just had to get a cortisone shot and it hurt a lot and I'm still limping from it. I'll be going for more shots in a few weeks. It gets to me cause I'm trying to lose weight and it always flares when I start getting into the swing of working out and then I can't work out how I want to (or at all for awhile) and I feel even worse about myself.

My mental health is another story. I've suffered from depression (now diagnosed as Bipolar II) since I was 16. And we are talking completely debilitating depression. I'm a different person when I get depressed. Selfish and reckless and angry.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I have pretty decent physical health, a sports injury to my right knee aside, but I *do* have bipolar type II, and when that can really screw me up, don't mind hypomania so much, especially if you try and keep routine and reality as permanent fixtures, but the depression can throw my entire routine out the window and leave me veryyyy INFP, I don't know how common this is, but apparently ENFP's have some sort of correlation with bipolar disorder.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts