Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As your type... how do you do in school? I ask because...my Ne makes me want to get the hell out of this place as soon as possible.... just wanted to see the general opinion of such enthusiastic, quick, and positive people.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Depends. Are you asking me if I mind school or good at it.

My extroversion makes me like hanging around people. Being an ESTP though I am not the most diligent of workers. I got by with very minimal effort. Didn't do much homework and procrastinated on studying and papers.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends. Are you asking me if I mind school or good at it.

My extroversion makes me like hanging around people. Being an ESTP though I am not the most diligent of workers. I got by with very minimal effort. Didn't do much homework and procrastinated on studying and papers.
Did you do well in school? Did you like it?

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Did you do well in school? Did you like it?

I liked school cause there were lots of people for me to talk to. Like I said below, I studied as much as I need to to get grades. I could have put effort into and excelled I am sure.

Reactions: Shanty

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I did okay in high school. Always made honor roll, but wasn't big on studying....basically I stayed within the 3.5 GPA range and was content. It didn't bother me that I wasn't making a 4.0... My first time around in college I was a lot younger and still had that same mentality and pretty much picked a major that I could just breeze through without effort. This time around, for my second degree, I picked a major I enjoy, but have to work at. I have gotten all As in all my classes I've taken. When I was younger I didn't have the focus or desire to excel...Now that I'm older I have that focus and desire.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I wanted to get the hell out of every school I was ever in by the last year or two. I was always ready to move on to the next thing. I procrastinated with studying and papers, but did well. By the time college came along, I was so happy to have a schedule I could control and classes that were more interesting that I thought college was easier than high school. I could focus better. I still wanted to get the hell out of it by senior year. I had a 3.5 till late junior year, then ended with a 3.2-3.3 (can't remember), but I rarely studied or fully read a text book and definitely procrastinated with everything.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to get the hell out of every school I was ever in by the last year or two. I was always ready to move on to the next thing. I procrastinated with studying and papers, but did well. By the time college came along, I was so happy to have a schedule I could control and classes that were more interesting that I thought college was easier than high school. I could focus better. I still wanted to get the hell out of it by senior year. I had a 3.5 till late junior year, then ended with a 3.2-3.3 (can't remember), but I rarely studied or fully read a text book and definitely procrastinated with everything.
What college did you go to?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I always did okay in school, but I put in very minimal effort. I'm sure, had I put in effort, I could have been in the top of my graduating class or close to it, but *shrug*

I'm in my third year of college now, and the first two years were great; now, I just want to get the hell out. I'm so tired of it, and honestly have no interest in most of the classes I am taking. I like the freedom that is associated with college, but it still seems that it lacks freedom a bit. I mean, heck, I still have professors who like to do 'assigned seating' - what kind of stuff is that? Seriously now.

Honestly, I would love to take some time off. But I'm afraid if I do I may never step foot in a school again, so I might as well get it out of the way while I can.

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I'd say I'm the epitome of a nerd or AP student. :)

As far as my work ethic goes, I do the minimal amount of work to get As or Bs throughout the semester (I think I said a paradox just now xD) and then nudge my final grade up by getting an A or A+ on the exam. Except on History, which was the opposite (good semester grade, okay final grade).

DAMN YOU, FACEBOOK. At pretty much any given moment when I'm doing my homework, I'm also chatting with a friend.

I guess in the short term, I come off as a slacker, but the big picture shows that I'm an AMBITIOUS slacker. :p I LOVE every class that doesn't involve sports and isn't read-and-regurgitate (*cough* non-AP history), plug-and-chug (statistics), or not honors (restrictions on my schedule mean that my only option for English II is the remedial class. *shudder*)

Thus, there is a MAJOR discrepancy between the classes I WANT and the class I NEED to graduate under the new requirements (class of 2012), and it doesn't exactly help that I'm at one school for half the day and another for the other half. I'm going to push the limit on how much I can tweak my schedule to meet the loopholes. That means testing out of the blow off classes and stocking up on AP classes so I can opt out of... more blow off classes.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I was/am one of those people that people loved to hate when it comes to school--they guy who barely studies and still makes good grades. I graduated high school with a 4.2 weighted GPA and I've started off college with a 4.0 (not bragging, just saying). I've always hated school, though. It just seems so stifling and narrow. I couldn't wait to get to college by the time junior year rolled around, but looking back I enjoyed the time I had hanging out with my friends. I enjoy the freedom of college, but I *really* hate my school now(I go to an SEC school). But we'll see if I like whatever college I go to next year.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was/am one of those people that people loved to hate when it comes to school--they guy who barely studies and still makes good grades. I graduated high school with a 4.2 weighted GPA
This also rings true for me, but NOT with anything 'math' oriented. I hated it and would only apply myself to learning new theories and concepts if absolutely necessary (you know, to pass exams and whatnot the night before).

I skipped A LOT of school. When I say "a lot", I don't mean one or two classes a week ... I skipped AT LEAST an entire day a week, and one class per day average. Teachers gave up attempting to control my attendance, and the school was about 0.5cm away from booting my ass.

I went onto university and was very punctual at first, then tired of the classroom / lecture hall dullness and 3 hours in the same damn spot. So, ya ...I would often not go to any classes and grab lecture notes online, read the student discusssions (there are always those brown-nosing pets who take extremely thorough lecture notes and post them online for everyone to see - YOINK!!!!) :tongue:

So - first month of attendance + syllabus + befriending some pets and jacking their lecture notes = less ass numbness and boredom.

Reactions: Third Engine

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got in trouble with the law and was told to make 3 choices

1) Get a job
2) go to school
3) go to prison

Job cough Ill go to school it was FREE for me

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,595 Posts
As your type... how do you do in school? I ask because...my Ne makes me want to get the hell out of this place as soon as possible.... just wanted to see the general opinion of such enthusiastic, quick, and positive people.

High School, yes. College, I dug. An "intellectual smorgasbord." I could pick my classes, I could pick what days and what times I wanted to attend.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I did good in high school, what motivated me to keep going was my friends, but I rarely did any homework, procrastined till the last minute to study and at the end of the final semester, I would complain every single morning to my mother of how I couldnt take it anymore and what a horrible place it was, I didn't agree with anything about the educational system in my country and couldnt deal with the fact that I had to learn chemistry even though I wanted to major in advertising, hard, but good times

1 - 15 of 15 Posts