Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search on this but nothing turned up.
So yeah, I don't know if its just me or if its the same with other enfp's.
I'm horribly, hopelessly, romantic.
I secretly love all of the mushy, gooy, lovie, knight in shining armor stuff.
So how about you?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
.... she's joking, right? I mean, nobody just waltzes on to PerC, knowing THAT little about their own type, right?

sorry, @Steffide, not trying to ridicule you, just to make people laugh.

Yes. We are typically as such. Some of us (including me) combine it with a playa's swaggg and fuck all da bitches

PAHAHAHAHAH nahhh, I couldn't keep a straight face.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course I knew that, but I just wasn't sure if I was on the more extreme side.
How do I delete this thread?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Of course I knew that, but I just wasn't sure if I was on the more extreme side.
How do I delete this thread?
btw, sorry if I came off dickish

report the post and ask the moderator to delete it. the report button is near the bottom of each post, it's a little triangle with an exclamation point on it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
@Steffide You know, there are plenty of people out there. MBTI really helps you focus your dating and seducing abilities; I know it sounds far-fetched for an ENFP to be seductive, but I've caught a few on my line (no pun intended) before, thanks to MBTI. At least two, and up to 4.

What I'm saying is, this site may be just what you need.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I don't know if I am hopelessly romantic. Maybe I was at one time but being divorced twice and on my third marriage I feel like the "white picket fence" and "knight in shining armor" is a thing of the past. I focus on my tangible goals like I still enjoy love letters and a walk in the park, holding hands. I like how my husband woos me with roses once in awhile and he basically spoils the hell out of me. But I don't think either of us are ever terribly romantic but I am a very passionate person and my husband appreciates that quality in me.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I'm a very passionate person. When I've got my mind set on somebody, every ounce of passion I have gets focused on him/her. I think I'm losing my cool over the ENTP douche I'm living with. If I could like... not be around him all the time, I think it would really help :S I can't get the bastard off my mind.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Lol! I'm not looking for someone, I'm already with an intj, we have been together for 3 years. And seduction had never been a problem ;) I think it comes naturally for enfp's.
Protip: use the reply with quote button.

and oh. I have bad experience with INTJ's, but I'm younger and the INTJ I dated probably would have been better for me if we were older.

I don't think seduction comes naturally to any type. It's really more of a learned skill; perhaps for ENFP's the learning isn't always studied, but nevertheless I think we have to pick it up as we go along.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm a very passionate person. When I've got my mind set on somebody, every ounce of passion I have gets focused on him/her. I think I'm losing my cool over the ENTP douche I'm living with. If I could like... not be around him all the time, I think it would really help :S I can't get the bastard off my mind.
Aww, Ace Face, what's up with him? you were really happy not too long ago!

and, to be fair, so was I with my INTJ, but then she kinda fucked shit up on me.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Aww, Ace Face, what's up with him? you were really happy not too long ago!

and, to be fair, so was I with my INTJ, but then she kinda fucked shit up on me.
There's been an... attraction between me and him since he's been living here. A couple of nights ago, I got really shit-faced, and I remember a couple of things that happened, but I'm thinking that maybe more happened than I remember? :/ Since then, all I've been able to do is think about him. It's not like I can get away either... he lives with me. He hasn't even looked at me for the last couple of days though. Intuition tells me he's feeling guilty about something, and my Ne is kinda going crazy over what he might be feeling guilty about since I don't remember anything happening beyond the border of my personal limits. Maybe something happened if/when I passed out. I'm not really sure :S He and I are going to work together tomorrow, so I'm just going to ask him then. I'm hoping he'll be straight with me. I really just can't believe that my brother left me alone with him knowing that I was fucked up :/ :S

I'm sorry to hear about your INTJ :/

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There's been an... attraction between me and him since he's been living here. A couple of nights ago, I got really shit-faced, and I remember a couple of things that happened, but I'm thinking that maybe more happened than I remember? :/ Since then, all I've been able to do is think about him. It's not like I can get away either... he lives with me. He hasn't even looked at me for the last couple of days though. Intuition tells me he's feeling guilty about something, and my Ne is kinda going crazy over what he might be feeling guilty about since I don't remember anything happening beyond the border of my personal limits. Maybe something happened if/when I passed out. I'm not really sure :S He and I are going to work together tomorrow, so I'm just going to ask him then. I'm hoping he'll be straight with me. I really just can't believe that my brother left me alone with him knowing that I was fucked up :/ :S

I'm sorry to hear about your INTJ :/
bringing this off the thread, dont want to derail

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dude exposure is an insidious, evil force of attraction lol. I can't get over this douche at work I have to see all the time so I feel your pain woman! :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sigh. Yes, I'm an unapologetic and incurable romantic. With the caveat that I don't consider "romance" the same way I think many people do. Romance is when someone takes the time to really listen to you, discern your likes and dislikes and then does sweet things based on that. Gestures based on deeply personal knowledge and straight from the heart.

Roses? Hell no!
Jewelry? Hell no! Diamonds? Ugh!
Poetry? Hell yes! (if it's good poetry)
Love Songs? Hell yes! (it they're unique love songs)
Surprise gifts? Hell yes! (if they're genuinely thoughtful)
Valentines Day? Hell no! (birthdays are way more important)

Sometimes the most romantic thing to me is that moment when you catch each others eye and that delicious spark tingles inside your chest....especially if you're doing something totally mundane. :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I secretly love all of the mushy, gooy, lovie, knight in shining armor stuff.
I'm the same, but it's no secret :crazy: :shocked:

Nam. But seriously. Both with relationship relationships, but just in general. I'm ridiculously mushy. The smallest act of kindness from anyone, stranger, friend or lover warms me up.

Despite that, I'm not a moron. I just want to clear that up :laughing:
Most of the people who classify themselves as mushy that I know, I usually want to slap for being idiots. But there's a difference between being just mushy, and then being very world weary so really appreciating the little things. I'm certainly the latter, but many of the people I know are the former.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Yes I love romance, but in ways that aren't traditional...I enjoy the traditional stuff, but I really appreciate unique romance. For instance:

Writing me something, like a story, poem, song.

Sharing music with me (song lyrics, songs that make him think of me, songs that make me think of him).

I like it when parts of me that typically go unnoticed get complimented; "you have pretty wrists", "I love your collar bones".

I like when little things about me are noticed, especially if I myself have never noticed it; "I like the way you always sing when you're in the kitchen. I don't even think you realize you're doing it".

I love flowers, but I'd rather get a live plant that I can keep...like a small rose bush, hydrangea, tulips, etc. something that will come back year after year if I plant it.

I like sentimental gifts, or out of the ordinary gifts; "I got this shell for you because it reminded me of when we walked the beach on our trip to ______". Or picking out something for me and surprising me with it for no reason; "I thought you'd look really pretty in this [summer dress]".

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yes. -raises hand- Hopeless romantic... Or rather, extremely hopeful romantic. ^^

I also have the unfortunate ability of falling in love within the time span of approximately five minutes.

Well, this could be in part that once I find somebody I deem as "interesting", I've got to get down the the bottom of that person. They're like a puzzle. A challenge. And I start liking them because of that. Well, it goes beyond simple "liking".

When I ask myself, "Just how much would you be willing to do for that person?", the answer is quite scary. I'll have known them for perhaps one week and already be willing to jump off a cliff and face my worst fears for that person. And then I'll tell myself, "I thought this was just a simple budding interest? WHUT HAPPENED HERE?" O___O

... and I hide these feelings very well, I must say. I tell myself to slow down, treat the person as an extremely interesting friend, and wait. Whatever happens will happen. But yes, definitely a romantic here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes. -raises hand- Hopeless romantic... Or rather, extremely hopeful romantic. ^^

I also have the unfortunate ability of falling in love within the time span of approximately five minutes.

Well, this could be in part that once I find somebody I deem as "interesting", I've got to get down the the bottom of that person. They're like a puzzle. A challenge. And I start liking them because of that. Well, it goes beyond simple "liking".

When I ask myself, "Just how much would you be willing to do for that person?", the answer is quite scary. I'll have known them for perhaps one week and already be willing to jump off a cliff and face my worst fears for that person. And then I'll tell myself, "I thought this was just a simple budding interest? WHUT HAPPENED HERE?" O___O

... and I hide these feelings very well, I must say. I tell myself to slow down, treat the person as an extremely interesting friend, and wait. Whatever happens will happen. But yes, definitely a romantic here.
Me to a T!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Maybe a little hopeless, though @Ace Face did make a good point that we have a lot of passion.

I was almost embarrassed to see how many love notes/crushes/romantic feelings I had when I was younger (on the 10-20 age spectrum). I was just fascinated with love and romance... I wanted to understand where I fit into that equation. I am curious if the significant passion related to the development of Fi... acting that way romantically at that age did seem unusually out of the norm and I was also known for being particularly boy-crazy. Prior to the onset of puberty, I barely noticed guys as romantic interests. Now that I've learned more about myself and what I believe, I was able to tone down the extreme gushiness and start looking at more genuine interests when it comes to men.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts