Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my mom, my ENFP room mate, another member of this site that I've talked to, my best friend's ENFP father, and several other ENFP's that I know only require a minimal amount of sleep like 4 hours or so? However, I require about 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Is not needing much sleep an ENFP thing? How much sleep do you require?

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I require 4 hours to funtion 8 hours 5 for a full day. If I over sleep I can't go to sleep untill 1 or 2 in the morning. The bad side about this is for all the little sleep we get we make it up on the weekends with 8-10 hours. I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning and 1 gallon of water thoughout the day an I function just fine.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I dunno what's typical for types...but the average person should be getting 8 hours. :tongue: I don't feel well rested unless I sleep for 10-12 hours...awful, I know. Sleep is nice, though. :proud:

I can't handle losing sleep for long. It seems to bother me more than other people I know.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Oh, I need sleep, I just rarely tend to get it. I'm either too busy or my mind is too active for me to sleep.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm a night owl/early bird, average around 4-5 a night. I don't think this is a type thing, my mom (ESFJ and brothers (ENTP) are the same.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've been getting 8 or more hours of sleep as of late and I've been waking up totally exhausted, staying like that for hours. I had only 5 to 6 last night and I feel fine!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I've been getting 8 or more hours of sleep as of late and I've been waking up totally exhausted, staying like that for hours. I had only 5 to 6 last night and I feel fine!
I have trouble waking up for some odd reason if I sleep too much but if I stick to my usual 1am to 7 am sleep pattern I'm perfectly fine for the day. I think I've been working EMS too much and I have too much adrenaline rushes...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
As long as I get eight or more hours five or more times a week, I'm good. The other two nights could be all-nighters, and I'll manage well.

Reactions: Heather

·
Registered
31 Posts
For me it depends on what time of year it is. For some reason I tend to need more sleep during fall through spring because of school. So during school time I try to get around 8-6 hours of sleep. In the summer I tend to wake up earlier and stay up later so I probably get around 6-5 hours of sleep...maybe even 4 hours.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not at all .. I LOVE sleep!
Granted I'm a night owl, so extremely rare for me to even go to bed any earlier than midnight.
However, I'd sleep in all day if I could! It's soo hard for me to wake up in the morning. Although I rarely do get a full 8 hours sleep (with the exception of weekends when its more like 10 hours!) If i have any less than about 5 hours I'm wrecked for the rest of the day!

·
Registered
185 Posts
why is it that we can never get enuf sleep? I know that I am a night owl as well.. and a late riser.
I also am better now with the active brain problem... antidepressants work well making my brain not so hyper.
NOW, meeting the man of my dreams and spending all our time together AND staying up too late.... it is harder and harder to get going. being 50 does not help as well.... all the other responsibilities (ill mother, my kids, working full time and part time school (when i can fit it in)...) are beginning to take its toll. I need/want to sleep more, but can't find the time. My new man seems to need less and it is hard to take hahaha. guess we should get to sleep earlier (and no playing before bed lmao).

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I've been up for the last 30 Hours since 7 AM Friday morning went to a event at 10pm i haven't slept since yesterday....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've gone through some days getting only 1-3 hours of sleep. o_O And not even going to bed once I get home from work/school.

But I like sleeping very much & would rather sleep 8 hours.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Entirely depends on my mood. Happy and hyperactive, meeting new people --> I need like 3-5 hours.

Sad, worried and stuff (exams) I need A LOT or else I am jittery and nervous..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts