Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you take a lot of pictures?

Do you notice they have a theme? Like do you take mostly landscape? pictures of people? animals?

Are you in a lot of your pictures? Are you just smiling or making faces or doing silly stuff?

Do you show off your pictures around your house or rooms? Do you show you pictures to other people whenever you get the chance?

I love taking pictures, but I'm not big on them unless there are people in them. A landscape is beautiful, but I prefer to see its beauty along with the people I experienced it with cause it makes it that much more beautiful. I like to be in them too lol OH and with that, I hate just standing and smiling in a picture. I like to be doing something fun or making face.

My mom, however, is an INFJ and she takes A MILLION pictures, but they are like always of the hotel bedroom and the view from the hotel and random statues. More than half of the pictures she takes are just scenery pictures with no people in them. She gets mad at me when she shows me them and I lose interest really quickly. She also gets mad that I always have to make faces and act out a scene, and that I can't just smile. I think that is the J in her not being able to let go the control of the picture and the perfection she has in her head.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I take about zero pictures a day, rounding up.

Reactions: kaycee

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not just talking about daily picture-taking...I mean in general...if you go on vacation or to a party or anything?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm not just talking about daily picture-taking...I mean in general...if you go on vacation or to a party or anything?
Ha, I know. I was just makin' a joke. :laughing:

I really only take pictures at concerts and vacations, and it's usually centered around either people or unusual/interesting things. For example, I took a picture of a deer who was just kind of strolling through the front yard of a restaurant because I found it odd that it became so domesticated. I do not take pictures at parties. Overall, I'm just not a fan of advertising myself to other people since there are such things as Facebook. :p

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I LOVE taking pictures, but that's probably because I'm really into photography. With that said, I hate boring scenery/landscape pictures too! When I take pictures of things that aren't people, I always try to make them really interesting. I think when people say they're "photographers" and all they take pictures of are sunsets on the beach/pretty flowers/etc. it's a huge cop-out because you're taking advantage of the ordinary beauty of nature and trying to use it to make up for your lack of photography skills.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I take pictures of my daughter mostly or me and my friends together. I usually do it for others to see on Facebook or the net. I'm bad with taking pictures like everyone else. And I don't put them around my house either. I see my ISFJ sister doing that a lot or my ENFJ girlfriend. They need a picture for everything and they have everyone's photo the house.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I take pictures of my daughter mostly or me and my friends together. I usually do it for others to see on Facebook or the net. I'm bad with taking pictures like everyone else. And I don't put them around my house either. I see my ISFJ sister doing that a lot or my ENFJ girlfriend. They need a picture for everything and they have everyone's photo the house.
Yeah, my ESTJ mom is kind of angry at me for not having photos in my room. I don't understand picture frames.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a lot of pictures in my room, but usually in collages or on bulletin boards. I don't like picture frames, they are too confining. My mom (INFJ) put picture frames on all her walls. Personally, I like paintings on the wall.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I pretty much only take pictures when there's potential social pressure to motivate me. Like, I imagine if I didn't take a single picture on my trip to South America, people would've been a little baffled with me, so I had a picture-taking day whenever I went somewhere new. While I was there, I would constantly take note of potential good shots, but I procrastinated on that and never really got around to taking most of them.

As for being in pictures, I figure why not? That said, I'm really bad at posing. All the good pictures of me involve me in motion, usually talking with my hands.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I know. I am so out of my element with the picture framing thing. I've had to get better as a mother. But that is definitely more of a "going through the motions" type skill. I wish I could just have my home look like a college dorm forever. Lol. A cork board still sounds like the best idea for me for pictures. Hey........ I have an idea....

Cork board wall paper. Wee!!!!

Reactions: crzysttchr

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I pretty much only take pictures when there's potential social pressure to motivate me. Like, I imagine if I didn't take a single picture on my trip to South America, people would've been a little baffled with me, so I had a picture-taking day whenever I went somewhere new. While I was there, I would constantly take note of potential good shots, but I procrastinated on that and never really got around to taking most of them.

As for being in pictures, I figure why not? That said, I'm really bad at posing. All the good pictures of me involve me in motion, usually talking with my hands.
Hahaha! This is so cute. I really relate. I think us ENFPs are so busy doing life and enjoying life to it's fullest, it's sometimes hard for us to stop and take pictures. We are not exactly thinking ahead about looking back at that particular moment. We are too busy being in the moment. :happy:

Reactions: WMDistraction

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you take a lot of pictures?

Do you notice they have a theme? Like do you take mostly landscape? pictures of people? animals?

Are you in a lot of your pictures? Are you just smiling or making faces or doing silly stuff?

Do you show off your pictures around your house or rooms? Do you show you pictures to other people whenever you get the chance?
I do take a lot of photos, even more once digital cameras came out. Most are of landscapes, friends, or animals. Landscapes and sunsets have to make up about 85-90% the 80GB's of photos I have stored. Funny thing is, I have very few of me, up until this past month or so I was always the person taking the photos. Now, I'm still the one taking the shots, but I'm doing the Survivorman thing and using a tripod as an extension of my arm for a wider self-shot or using the 10 second timer function to set the camera down and run a few feet away for the more normal looking shot.

I don't display the photos around the house much, but will share them with people if it fits something we are talking about. Example, like a hiking trip, I will post photos like that online with information for people to learn from my trip. I'm even working on a Blog with my photos and translating the info into different languages for people I know over-seas.

As for funny faces, etc, I mostly just stand there like a dope, but every now and then I get a goofy streak and take some off the wall shots. Something like this self-shot on a recent hike.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I take a lot of photos, and I really am into photography. But I don't take photos of people. :/ They tend to mar the beautiful scenery. I'm not in photos often myself, and I never look good on the ones that I do appear in.

I hate taking photos of people, I don't like most of them enough. :/

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I do take a lot of photos, even more once digital cameras came out. Most are of landscapes, friends, or animals. Landscapes and sunsets have to make up about 85-90% the 80GB's of photos I have stored. Funny thing is, I have very few of me, up until this past month or so I was always the person taking the photos. Now, I'm still the one taking the shots, but I'm doing the Survivorman thing and using a tripod as an extension of my arm for a wider self-shot or using the 10 second timer function to set the camera down and run a few feet away for the more normal looking shot.

I don't display the photos around the house much, but will share them with people if it fits something we are talking about. Example, like a hiking trip, I will post photos like that online with information for people to learn from my trip. I'm even working on a Blog with my photos and translating the info into different languages for people I know over-seas.

As for funny faces, etc, I mostly just stand there like a dope, but every now and then I get a goofy streak and take some off the wall shots. Something like this self-shot on a recent hike.

That looks so much like a Photoshop, but I know I should believe you. :confused:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I want to be in pictures, not taking them. :tongue: Though, if I'm handed a camera and told to take pictures, I take them mostly of people or the sky. I love clouds...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I LOVE taking pictures. I take them probably every day. I only have a simple digital camera, but you would think that I'm out there with a Canon the way I obsess over it sometimes. :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't like video cause I don't like the sound of my voice :dry:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I like to take group pictures usually of my friends and I doing silly things

1 - 20 of 22 Posts