Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering how other ENFP's feel about their counter parts o_O hmmm? Cause I am wondering, my sister (ENFP) says to her INFP's annoy her not just me it seems, actually she says I am the only INFP she has met that hasn't annoyed her :\ but thats because I can let go and act ENFP XD ........... So um yea thoughts?

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I have a couple [2] of INFP friends in real life. Online, don't really like the topics they discuss, or how they go about discussing them.

EDIT: No offense, it's just because of how much I hate my Fi, and it seems that the internets are the only place where INFPs are trule comfortable discussing Fi topics.

Reactions: Ntuitive and Azelll

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My best friend IRL is an INFP. So I'd say the right INFP can enrich your world.

Reactions: Azelll

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
Love INFPs. And I do believe the world would be better with more of 'em.

Online, don't really like the topics they discuss, or how they go about discussing them.

EDIT: No offense, it's just because of how much I hate my Fi, and it seems that the internets are the only place where INFPs are trule comfortable discussing Fi topics.

Heh. I'm pretty much an xNFP, and this is part of why it says "ENFP" above my avatar.

I feel like my Fi is an insane, cross-eyed, rabid creature that I have to keep on a very short leash. Otherwise, it'll drench the carpet with gooey tears, bite people's toes off, and yowl until the light fixtures shake.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish I had more ENFP friends like you guys to hang out with lmao, where I live sucks, filled with INTP's, INTJ's or ESTJ's ... BORING DX rarely see INFP's if I do they always hide away lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
Was just wondering how other ENFP's feel about their counter parts o_O hmmm? Cause I am wondering, my sister (ENFP) says to her INFP's annoy her not just me it seems, actually she says I am the only INFP she has met that hasn't annoyed her :\ but thats because I can let go and act ENFP XD ........... So um yea thoughts?
I have been with an INFP for well over 2 yrs now, and guess what - SHE'S

░░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░███████░░█████░░░█████░░█░░░░░█░███████░░░██░░░
░░█░█░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░██░░░██░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░
░░█░█░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░█░█░█░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░
░█░░░█░░█░░█░░█░████░░░░░█████░░█░░░░░█░█░░█░░█░████░░░░░░██░░░
░█████░░█░█░█░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░█░██░░░██░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░███████░░█████░░░█████░░█░░░░░█░███████░░░██░░░

Yeah!!! That's right.. :tongue: .. I do really like INFPs.. Every INFP I have met I got along with very well.. Admittedly I haven't got along with every ENFP I've met.. So... There is something much more calm and tranquil about them... A mystic feel..

I have also noticed a very "SAVE THE WHALES" mentality amongst INFPs.. From an ENFP perspective, it's kinda cute.. :wink: ... You guys are really fun!! And I absolutely LOVE INFPs.. So much in common, and an ENFP/INFP relationship = CHEMISTRY ON FIRE!!!... I have noticed from my perspective that INFPs tend to carry a bit of a stubborn streak about themselves sometimes, but the good thing about this is that INFPs don't generally push those ideals onto people.. I love them... A peaceful bunch of people, and while there are many similarities between them and ENFPs, there's also a hang of a lot more differences due to the rearrangement of cognitive functions...

But yeah.. Anyway... @Touk - I LOVE EM!!!

░█████░░███████░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░███████░
█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░██░░░██░██░░░██░█░░░░░░░
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░█░█░█░█░█░█░█░█░░░░░░░
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░█░░█░█░░█░░█░████░░░░
█░░░███░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░
█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░

█░░░░░█░░█████░░██████░░███████░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
██░░░██░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░█░█░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░█░░█░█░░░░░█░██████░░████░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█░░░░░█░░█████░░█░░░░░█░███████░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been with an INFP for well over 2 yrs now, and guess what - SHE'S

░░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░███████░░█████░░░█████░░█░░░░░█░███████░░░██░░░
░░█░█░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░██░░░██░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░
░░█░█░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░█░█░█░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░
░█░░░█░░█░░█░░█░████░░░░░█████░░█░░░░░█░█░░█░░█░████░░░░░░██░░░
░█████░░█░█░█░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░█░██░░░██░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░███████░░█████░░░█████░░█░░░░░█░███████░░░██░░░

Yeah!!! That's right.. :tongue: .. I do really like INFPs.. Every INFP I have met I got along with very well.. Admittedly I haven't got along with every ENFP I've met.. So... There is something much more calm and tranquil about them... A mystic feel..

I have also noticed a very "SAVE THE WHALES" mentality amongst INFPs.. From an ENFP perspective, it's kinda cute.. :wink: ... You guys are really fun!! And I absolutely LOVE INFPs.. So much in common, and an ENFP/INFP relationship = CHEMISTRY ON FIRE!!!... I have noticed from my perspective that INFPs tend to carry a bit of a stubborn streak about themselves sometimes, but the good thing about this is that INFPs don't generally push those ideals onto people.. I love them... A peaceful bunch of people, and while there are many similarities between them and ENFPs, there's also a hang of a lot more differences due to the rearrangement of cognitive functions...

But yeah.. Anyway... @Touk - I LOVE EM!!!

█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░██░░░██░██░░░██░█░░░░░░░
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░█░█░█░█░█░█░█░█░░░░░░░
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░█░░█░█░░█░░█░████░░░░
█░░░███░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░
█░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░

█░░░░░█░░█████░░██████░░███████░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
██░░░██░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░█░█░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░█░░█░█░░░░░█░██████░░████░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░
█░░░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
█░░░░░█░░█████░░█░░░░░█░███████░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Lol wow wish I could find someone who likes INFPs as much as you :p than again I have come to find not many J's do lol seeing as their is allot of them here, only few Js that I have met that have shown a neutral attitude toward INFPs and were INFJ's here. Online though it seems they like alot INFPs. I dont know what it is about the people here but they just seem to not like INFPs.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
INFPs intrigue me. I feel most similar to them than any other personality type because our cognitive functions are so similar. We both use Ne and Fi. The difference between you use Fi as your dominant, and I have Ne as my dominant. However, this means we have a similar way of perceiving and judging things. ^_^ So yes, INFPs are awesome.

One of the most influential teachers I have had was an INFP. He taught a fiction writing class. I learned so, so much.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have mixed feeling about INFPs. I think female INFPs (I don't know any male ones) are quite possibly the cutest people on the planet. I also like the fact that they're not overly loud and it's easy to have meaningful conversations with them. But sometimes I'm annoyed by how easily upset, or insecure, they can be. It seems I have to be very careful about what I say when talking with INFPs because they tend to take things too personally. In addition, sometimes the shyness of INFPs that I normally find to be attractive can get on my nerves. However, I realize these 'problems' aren't the INFP's fault. And despite these mild challenges, INFPs are still some of my favorite people on the planet.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I have mixed feeling about INFPs. I think female INFPs (I don't know any male ones) are quite possibly the cutest people on the planet. I also like the fact that they're not overly loud and it's easy to have meaningful conversations with them. But sometimes I'm annoyed by how easily upset, or insecure, they can be. It seems I have to be very careful about what I say when talking with INFPs because they tend to take things too personally. In addition, sometimes the shyness of INFPs that I normally find to be attractive can get on my nerves. However, I realize these 'problems' aren't the INFP's fault. And despite these mild challenges, INFPs are still some of my favorite people on the planet.
This , all of this ^^^^^^. I've met a few INFP here who are different than this, although for the most part i stay out of there forum for the reasons described above. I feel like i'm walking on egg shells trying not to offend anyone. Nothing against the OP, he could be nothing like this.

:)

Reactions: Ntuitive and Rube

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a INFP magnet. It's incredible how much INFP's I know. About 50% of my friends are INFP, other 20% I've misstyped as INFP.

Back on school days, the INFP's were the only ones who were always there with me being silly and quoting Monty Python to teachers, sitting around talking about life...

I've dated 2 INFP girls (still with one of them now), of all girls I've been with, the INFP's were the ones who cared the most about me. With the first one, well, we were really young, and she was awfully shallow and kind of dumb, but she was lovely anyway, and I loved the "I want you to take care of me" attitude. It's great when a girl takes off her masks and stop pretending to be strong as hell and awfully independent, INFP's do that with ease. My girlfriend now is like that too. We're deeply in love, we can talk about anything, we understand each other really easily. There's always the E vs I thing, but we manage to find a common ground. Only problem is that I've got so much more energy than her (in bed that is :b) sometimes I want to stay all night awake as she falls asleep, and I have to find a way to cool my head. But the sex is really really great.

And heavens knows there's nothing better than the feeling of taking off the naivety of someone like a INFP.

I love INFP's, everybody should have one.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
This , all of this ^^^^^^. I've met a few INFP here who are different than this, although for the most part i stay out of there forum for the reasons described above. I feel like i'm walking on egg shells trying not to offend anyone. Nothing against the OP, he could be nothing like this.

:)
We seem to agree on lots of things, which is something I'm not used to!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I agree with this as well.

My biggest area of annoyance with INFP's is related to this. Normally, I'm used to some people being more sensitive when I first meet them. Consequently, I try to be more tactful until we get to know each other a little better (when I choose to make this effort of self-restraint, that is...with some people/relationships I'm not concerned and shoot from the hip right out of the gate). Once we've gotten a rapport, I'm more direct and forthcoming with people that I perceived to be sensitive. In my experience with INFP's, however, this doesn't seem to work. I never seem to be able to take off the kid gloves without risking hurting their feelings. That annoys the hell out of me at times.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts