Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow ENFP's:cool:. I was wondering if any of you like thrill rides? I loooooove roller coasters and thrill rides and I love heights:crazy:! Is there a correlation between ENFP type & thrill rides. It does help that I live in Orlando, FL. I have Walt Disney World, Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure, Bush Gardens, Sea World, Fun Spot, Magical Midway, etc. Anybody else have a love or a fear/hate for this stuff? Discuss!:crazy:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well, I can't say I love them, but I never pass them up when I'm in a amusement park. Actually, I'm that horrible guy that coerces the people who don't like thrill rides to "just give it a try". "What's the worst that could happen?" Actually, it's not really a good habit. Some people get really shaken up on those things, and then you're the one who has to weather the backlash.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
maybe the "E" and the "P" help.. but hellz yeah i love thrill rides. it's funny cos when i was a child i was always the one in the group who was too scared to go on the bigger rides, nowadays i'm the one disappointed by rides not living up to my expectations.

i think the only ride left in england which doesn't bore me anymore is stealth- used to be europe's fastest rollercoaster. even then after a few tries it gets kinda same old same old. free fall rides are good too, the whole building up anticipation thing still gets me :proud:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I love thrill rides and thrill relationships! Hahaha! Bought I thought that was because I was a 7. I know we are thrill seekers to the max.

But really coaster rides are great for dates, btw. Anything that gets your heart pumping is supposed to be really good "jump start" for romance.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the dopamine in your brain that is released when you're on a thrill ride. They did an experiment on some women bungee-jumping. Before the jump the were shown pictures of men. They rated them on a scale of 1-10. They rated them 5's & 6's. But AFTER the jump they rated them 8's & 9's. The dopamine affects the part of the brain that controls attraction. See the benefits of thrill rides!? Awesome!:crazy: Your thoughts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Haha, I highly dislike/hate roller coasters or anything of the like, but that could be because I used to have a panic attack disorder, and even though it's waned, the feelings have carried over. I don't even go on MOST rides in general. I am the one waiting and holding my friends' bags/purses while they go on said rides themselves.

Reactions: SpaceCadette

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
It's the dopamine in your brain that is released when you're on a thrill ride. They did an experiment on some women bungee-jumping. Before the jump the were shown pictures of men. They rated them on a scale of 1-10. They rated them 5's & 6's. But AFTER the jump they rated them 8's & 9's. The dopamine affects the part of the brain that controls attraction. See the benefits of thrill rides!? Awesome!:crazy: Your thoughts?
I'm sure this is why I end up in relationships with men who ask me to go on a run for our first date. Our hearts are pumping, we are sweating together, and wearing little clothing.

Dopamine really explains my last relationship. I was wearing "runner's high" goggles. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I love thrill rides, only if they're on the ground. I'm afraid of heights, so I don't like roller coasters. But any ride that's on the ground and goes fast, I love getting on it. I love dopamine!:happy: It's my drug of choice. And I too, like thrill relationships too. It makes me feel alive and the same for thrill rides.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a huge fan of thrill rides and roller coasters! And I also live close to Orlando. :cool:

I'll ride any roller coaster/thrill ride without hesitation. However, I'm not a big fan of water slides at all... They really scare me. The only water slides I'll go on are the ones that have you sit in an innertube or some sort of inflatable thing. Which is a shame, because a good amount of my friends hate roller coasters but love water rides. :sad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
oh, I really dont like roller coasters. I have never ridden on a big one. I also get motion sickness though so that could be a big part of it.

I very much like the idea of being able to fly or hang glide though! That would be awesome!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I love roller coasters =D

·
Registered
815 Posts
Maybe it is an ENFP thing that I don't care about them either way. I've never been scared of them. I always go on them when I go to amusement parks only cause there are the coolest thing there, but I don't really seek out amusement parks either. *shrug*

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thrill ride = passengering on the back of a BMW motorcycle on the autostrada in northern Italy clocking 240km/h on the speedometer (heaven).

Reactions: kaycee

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I was DEATHLY afraid of roller coasters until I was 13/14. I waited hesitantly in a line for two hours with a friend just to ride the California Screamin' coaster and ended up backing out when it was our turn! I said she could still go, but she wouldn't go without me, so I totally destroyed our night for the both of us. I absolutely love roller coasters now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
When I was a child I didn't ride anything and was pretty much afraid of every ride. Then when I went when I was around 15 I pretty much rode everything and it was pretty fun. Now I'm 17 and I don't really care for them to much. They're fun every once in awhile but when I had a season pass and went a lot, it just gets isn't the same lol. Maybe if I went to a new place every time I went or something!

·
Banned
809 Posts
Oh I love roller coasters.

There's the roller coaster in Kuala Lumpur that goes for like, 80 km/h and then the best part is when it loops around!

You can feel your skin just being pulled down by gravity as it rebounds to go up the loop at max speed!

Oh and I LOVE SCREAMING AT THE TOP MY LUNGS

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I loooove rollercoasters. I always pick the scariest ones, too. And ride them over. And over. And over. And over. And over.

Maybe that's what's wrong with me, my brain just got all shaken and scrambled from that.

It's funny though, I went once with an INTJ I was flinging with, and he REFUSED to go on any of the rollercoasters. So he held my stuff for a while. :p

·
Registered
404 Posts
LOVE them! My friends never want to go to amusement parks with me though, and I never have the money...:sad:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts