Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone. King Of Dreams here! I was wondering: Are any of you ENFP's video game lovers? What type of games do you like to play? What consoles do you own or have owned in the past? What is it about video games that you like? What games do you own or have owned in the past? What games do you like or hate? What types seem to be drawn to video and/or computer games more?

Ready........Set............GO!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
This is a world that I can't relate to in any shape or form. I'd rather be talking on the phone or running. But then again, I can barely watch t.v.

I've pretty much have always been like that. I like to do things that help me grow in some sort of capacity.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Never was much of a gamer myself and the last gaming system I owned was original NES (yeah super old school). I still dream of beating Mike Tyson in Punch Out as I failed after a million tries. Although I loved playing Rockband or Guitar Hero at friend's places, so I guess I like games that make you feel like you are a rock star. But I prefer real instruments to plastic.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't play a whole lot anymore, but that's not because of lack of interest; I'm just really busy at the moment. However, when I have free time, I enjoy myself some Shadowrun (FPS), Halo 1 (FPS), WoW (MMORPG), and NFSU2 (Racing). I like to play these in a competitive context because I enjoy besting and learning. :)

Reactions: The King Of Dreams

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm not really into video games in general, but I l.o.v.e. playing Sims. Absolutely addicted! When I have time anyways...

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
AWWW YEAH VIDEO GAME TOPIC IN THE ENFP FORUM THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

I really love JRPGs and RPG/adventure games. \o/ Right now I'm playing SMT: Digital Devil Saga, SMT: Nocturne, Persona 3 FES (although I'm really slow with it, because for me, it's not as fun as P4 was), SMT: Devil Survivor, replaying The World Ends With You for the billionth time, Pokemon Heart Gold, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

I also own Okami, Katamari Damacy, Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2 + COM + Days, Fire Emblem 7 + 8, Final Fantasy X + X-2 + XII, a bunch of GBC/GBA games, Persona 4, and... probably some other ones that I don't remember at the moment. And I play Mabinogi (an MMORPG) sometimes. I mostly prefer single-player games pver MMOs and competitive games. I'd rather enjoy playing the game by myself and then have epic discussions about the game with people than actually play the game with people.

The only consoles I have are my beloved PS2, my DS Lite, and my laptop.

Aaand my favorite thing about games is that they provide a fabulous escape from reality + they're fun. I don't play as much lately, because I don't have time or easy access to a TV set, but I still love them. I wish I had the time to play DDS more. :\ I love that game. It's one of the few games I've gone out of my way to avoid spoilers for. That's how much I love it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I love video games! For me, it's all about stress relief, having a lot of fun, escaping the world for a little while and using my imagination. I've been a gamer my entire life, playing learning games on the PC when I was about 3 and then playing on the SNES a little while after that. Since then, I mostly stuck to Playstation and PC gaming.

I love many different games. Some of my favorites: The Sims (the whole series), Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, the GTA games, The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed, and...okay, I have a lot of favorites. :tongue:

Like tuna mentioned, I tend to prefer single player games over competitive games and MMOs, yet I still like to talk about games with others.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There used to be this great arcade in my neighbourhood when I was young, and all of my favourite games are still in the format of classic arcade games---fighting games especially, and also those old side-shooters/beat-'em-ups like Metal Slug and Final Fight. Mostly I just liked games I could play in a short burst. Sports games were pretty good for this too, and shooters as well (if you give me a mouse and keyboard). Games that allowed for some creativity like Grand Theft Auto, the already-mentioned Katamari and the old Tony Hawk games were great too for handing off to other people and trying to one-up each other.

Really, there's something in every genre that I like, but, just like I'm picky when it comes to movies, I usually don't like anything too plot-driven and solitary. And Role Playing Games... grr. Creating a character is fun; the rest of those games never is....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been a gamer for quite a while now. My first console was an original Nintendo, then a Genesis, then a Playstation and so on. Video games have always been considerable part of my life and I probably will always be a gamer. Personally, I'll play any genre if the game is good, but there are certain communities that gather in certain genres of video games (Ahem....FPS...cough) that I would rather not associate myself with.

Right now, the best video game I've played in a LONG time is Bayonetta. Great character, great design, PHENOMENAL gameplay, it really restores my faith in the genuine adrenaline rush that good video games can give. This game is criminally underrated, and any professional review of the xbox version would agree.

I suppose what most attracts me to video games is character. I don't really like God of War because I find Kratos to be a relatively shallow character. I don't particularly find Halo interesting because there really is no character, but I loved Borderlands for the variety of personalities. Fighting games are always great fun to see how different characters interact and how a specific personality alters a given character's fighting style. Soul Calibur is probably my favorite franchise for that, plus they really get a competitive edge going. RPGs have really grown over time and become great fun as long as it avoids too much monotony and the plot has depth.

I have a very close ENFP friend who also loves video games as much as I do, but I think different people ultimately play for different reasons.

I don't think video games are at all "shallow" or "immature." Obviously some can be, just as a novel can, or even human interaction, but any good video game is an art form (particularly the current rise in indie games), just as a movie or television show can be (despite the fact that I don't watch much T.V. or movies).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
So Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic huh.

*continue*

Reactions: JoetheBull

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
Hmm, this is an interesting thread. Those that play seem to play a lot of role-playing and character based games.

I'll take us for a big 90 degree turn here though. While not the biggest gamer in the world at all, I do have a core group of games maybe 8 or so that I've ever played regularly. About six are horror games. Silent Hil, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil.

Now I'm not attracted to dark themes or the occult, it's just these games get a rise out of me emotionally. They make my heart pump faster, they make my skin tingle, they make me think I just heard something outside...Or was it the game??? The fact is those horror games are experiances and building up some Moki Mokigachi Samurai to level 278 or something over 100 hours of gameplay, just doesn't hold the same appeal.

I'd say my favorite game is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and I beg and plead anyone who has a chance to play it to do so. If you were a kid and went through your parent's divorce, then it's no longer just an option to play it...You MUST play, and I've said too much already. That game uses a multiple battery of psychological tests to analyze you and change many parts of the games, people you meet, even enemies you flee accordingly. It's the only game ever to bring me to tears at the end when I realized what was actually going on, which you don't until the end.

By the end if you wern't already sure the game knew you well, it'll spend about four full minutes printing out a very detailed psych profile for you, mine was bang on but I could tell by the climax of my story (it was different for my friends) that the game already knew all it needed to bring me to my knees.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I can be quite a gamer. I'm not a committed gamer though. It's pretty rare for me to complete video games as such, but I do enjoy platformers, like: Batman; Arkham Asylum etc. I also enjoy open ended gaming like Red Dead Redemption. However, my favourite type of video game is sports-sim games, because they can be so social. I love to get a few close friends down, and play a few matches of the latest FIFA game. We can be quite competitive and it's kinda fun too. We also like co-operative shoot-em-ups, such as COD and Army of Two etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've gone from seriously competitive and played way to much as a teen to a pretty causal gamer for the most part. I think I like games that can completely immerse me in a world, maybe BioShock or DeadSpace... Far Cry had some very immersive environments too.

Kid:
-Sonic Adventure 2 battle (Sonic is still one of my fav game characters)
-Goldeneye (N64)
-Super Monkey Ball (GC)
-Mario Kart (N64)

As a teen my favorites were:
-Jak and Daxter (I loved these games!)
-Need for speed underground 2 (PC)
-Far Cry (PC)
-Unreal Tournament 2004 --so many hours of my life :frustrating:
-Grand Theft Auto games
----many more im sure----

Last few yearsL
Hydro Thunder Hurricane (360)
UNO (360)
Modern Warfare 2 (X360)
Kameo was kinda cool if i remember right
BioShock - (such an amazing game)
Dead Space (fun scary)

If I were to stereotype N64 kids from my generation were way more friendly and caring then those PS2 kids. All they had was violent fighting games. :proud:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I've been a pc gamer since I was 12. I love my pc gaming I personally don't like console gaming requires too little skill. Nothing like that WASD and left click to go...BOOM HEADSHOT :D. I enjoy all games but some more than others my favorite for sure are FPSs and RTS

·
Registered
124 Posts
HOLY SHIT....

I love videogames!!!
That is my entire life right there!

My favorite type of games are RPGs, Horror, and adventure games!
I don't really like racing,fighting and 1st person shooters. (I think that Halo and Call of Duty are overrated! HA! I SAID IT!!!)

Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, hell yeah all the way~
Even though I am open to most types of videogames and will play virtually anything~

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
I enjoy video games, but most of what I own are for Nintendo handhelds since they're more affordable for me. Most of what I play include Action/Adventure games (read: Zelda), RPGs, and Platformers. Oh and...POKEMON FANS UNITE!!! :D

Note: I also have an Atari 7800 that my uncle gave me and a "TV Games" thingy that had some Genesis games on it. I don't play them very often.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
(I think that Halo and Call of Duty are overrated! HA! I SAID IT!!!
I actually play some FPS games and I agree with this.

Anyway, I've always been a bit of a gamer. As far as the kinds of games I like go, I usually tend to prefer multiplayer games and as of late, it's mainly been TF2 and Smash Bros. I used to play a few RTSes as well, but I haven't played those regularly in years. I just usually prefer having "real" opponents, to be honest.

I like a few single player games as well, though. I have a soft spot for good platformers, probably because like most gamers, I started off with games like Mario, Sonic, and MegaMan. The Zelda franchise is also good as a whole, though I really can't say I liked Twilight Princess as much as the others and I'm not such a huge fan that I delve into the whole continuity of how many Links there are and all that. I also tend to enjoy some western RPGs as long as I feel they're well done like the Elder Scrolls series.

There are a handful of genres I usually don't like, though. For example, MMOs are usually dull to me. I know I'm probably going to get a bit of flack for this since a lot of people here seem to like them, but I honestly can't stand most JRPGs. There's just... something about them that I don't really like. Somewhere during the lengthy cutscenes and 10+ straight minutes of dialogue, my mind just starts to wander and it becomes more like watching a movie or reading a book than playing a game. Plus turn based combat is just painfully slow to me in a game that's not turn based strategy. It's just a personal bias, really. There are a few exceptions, of course, and there are a handful of JRPGs I like, but as a whole, I don't really play them that much.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts