Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me your Enneagram with wing if you know it. I´m collecting data for a paper I´m going to write on correlations between personality typologies.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I never get the same results because I don't have any strong preference except for 7, besides I gravitate towards 5, 6, 8. I put more details in my signature.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Alright, I know nothing about Enneagram. How do I get started? ><

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Please tell me your Enneagram with wing if you know it. I´m collecting data for a paper I´m going to write on correlations between personality typologies.
http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-forum-inspirers/79972-official-enfp-enneagram-list.html

Here's a bigger list. I'm 7w6 btw.

Alright, I know nothing about Enneagram. How do I get started? ><
Read the descriptions: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions/

Recognise which one sounds the most true to you. I used the type me forums here to narrow it down. The tests aren't incredibly helpful, less accurate than MBTI tests out there but might help you narrow things down too (I don't have any to recommend).

Once you understand the 9 basic types then you can start looking into wings, tri-types and instincts which will give you a more personalised type. Wings split each type based on their influence of the types either side, for example a 7w6 acts differently to a 7w8 which is more likely to be more headstrong. Tri-types represent Head (567), Heart (234) and Gut (891). So even though I'm enneagram 7 when it comes to leading with my heart and my gut I'm a 4 and a 9. The instincts are social (so), sexual (sx but also sometimes given different names because 'sexual' is misleading), and Self-preservation (sp), this further dictates how you act differently to others of your type with different instincts. Again, I'm sorry I don't have more links, I'm sure you could google as well as I can and I've got nothing to recommend.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Enfp, 3w2.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Looks like a lot of you are type-7, therefore you get this gif of 7 getting glomped by 2.
:kitteh:

Too bad I couldn't find one of the full glomp. 5 totally missed his opportunity to make this scene into a group hug power-glomp. Assuming you've seen Shane Acker's masterpiece '9', that is. The stitchpunks don't all line up just right with Enneagram types, but some of them do, and that's better than nothing. 7 and 8 do.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
@nicoloco90 Weren't you typed as an INFP not too long ago? Remember getting really good advice/insight from you. Welcome to the ENFPs! (unless I'm totally wrong)
That is correct :) thankyou!

It wasn't easy to question myself on the type, as I ''tested'' INFP since forever and consistently year after year. However all other peripherals like Enneagram and Socionics were always ENFP or closer related to that. In the end it proved hard to determine whether I lead with Ne-Fi instead of Fi-Ne. I think my Ne is stronger in the end, as well is definitely my Te compared to basically all INFP's I interacted with. On top of that, i've behaved more social/networked/extraverted/impulsive/playful etc compared to INFP's, also the ones I've met offline.

It makes more sense in the end. I also think i'm healthier and more in-tune with myself as I get older (and finding the more playful and carefree side of myself again). Though, the latter also being more easily expressed now since I ''decided'' to ease up a lot on my norms and values that I once held so strongly (screw those values, they make me unhappy and it's mostly unhealthy idealism).

Surely I haven't changed completely, but let's just say that there's more room for (and giving more credit to) different perspectives on life. My Fi is a bit on the backburner nowadays as I really love to train my Te for life purposes because I kinda have to (besides, I can't ditch my Ne ... i'm way too curious for that :D)

Sooo, this is it, haha.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That is correct :) thankyou!

It wasn't easy to question myself on the type, as I ''tested'' INFP since forever and consistently year after year. However all other peripherals like Enneagram and Socionics were always ENFP or closer related to that. In the end it proved hard to determine whether I lead with Ne-Fi instead of Fi-Ne. I think my Ne is stronger in the end, as well is definitely my Te compared to basically all INFP's I interacted with. On top of that, i've behaved more social/networked/extraverted/impulsive/playful etc compared to INFP's, also the ones I've met offline.

It makes more sense in the end. I also think i'm healthier and more in-tune with myself as I get older (and finding the more playful and carefree side of myself again). Though, the latter also being more easily expressed now since I ''decided'' to ease up a lot on my norms and values that I once held so strongly (screw those values, they make me unhappy and it's mostly unhealthy idealism).

Surely I haven't changed completely, but let's just say that there's more room for (and giving more credit to) different perspectives on life. My Fi is a bit on the backburner nowadays as I really love to train my Te for life purposes because I kinda have to (besides, I can't ditch my Ne ... i'm way too curious for that :D)

Sooo, this is it, haha.
Well your Fi was definitely apparent when you helped me through my INFP breakup more than a year ago. I'm glad you're here and able to spread your wisdom and comforting words. Keep that playful side up. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Well your Fi was definitely apparent when you helped me through my INFP breakup more than a year ago. I'm glad you're here and able to spread your wisdom and comforting words. Keep that playful side up. Much appreciated.
Those are very kind words, thank you :) - that means a lot.

As i'm usually the one complimenting the other and remembering something specific about them (and to point it out to them again later), i'm not used to receiving such gestures.

How are you feeling (about the breakup) nowadays? It took me awfully long, it's been 3 years now. Now it's just memories and random thoughts. Or seeing their 'face' every now and then.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Those are very kind words, thank you :) - that means a lot.

As i'm usually the one complimenting the other and remembering something specific about them (and to point it out to them again later), i'm not used to receiving such gestures.

How are you feeling (about the breakup) nowadays? It took me awfully long, it's been 3 years now. Now it's just memories and random thoughts. Or seeing their 'face' every now and then.
That's what we ENFPs are good at - the inspirers :) She'll always have a soft spot in my heart. But complete no contact was the best move we could have made. And for that, I'm grateful. We both appreciate each other as people and learned from one another. But, I'm now dating and INTJ girl and things have been amazing. I don't like to compare and I won't. But I've been looking for this kind of connection with someone for a very long time and seem to have found it. A level of ground-ness that I've needed. Have you dated since your last relationship 3 years ago? Thanks for caring man.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts